Unfair banned for someone telling lies

Does someone have post where they claim all bans are reviewed by a person?

ā€œAccounts are not banned for performing the specific activity at the time of the ban, instead, the ban will come into place instantly after the team has finished investigating and banning an account for hacking.ā€

ā€œThe Gems of War team have various tools and methods to check for, identify, investigate and find examples of hacking.ā€

https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000348076-Hacking-or-cheating-in-Gems-of-War

:roll_eyes: :zipper_mouth_face: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Seem like those 2 staff members are on their holiday at the same time

Anyone else smell fire?

1 Like

Good point. If something must be lost, the useless Arena event would be my pick.

But the future is gloom. I dont think the devs can get everyone back for next week. Or for the week after that. Maybe they should postpone some events, like Kingdom Pass and Legends Reborn. In order to let the unfairly banned people to catch up.

So clearly they were working OT into their holiday vacation to issue so many bans after they locked the doors Friday night. Clearly no human person or persons reviewed any of these unwarranted bans. No way this many players get banned, especially on console where hacking is virtually impossible for most of not all players too. This is a ban not on a power trip

3 Likes

I feel like I wasted yrs playing gow and It hurts my feelings and my hard work goes poof because someone wants to be a grumpy old Grinch

1 Like

Given the extensive history of ā€œwhat IP2 claimsā€ not matching ā€œwhat IP2 doesā€, itā€™s not surprising that they tend to lock threads discussing bans, even though thereā€™s no documented forum rule that states players cannot discuss a ban.

At least once this current incident clears, weā€™ll have yet another anecdote to show new customers how this company functions.
:person_facepalming: :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

We still dun know the ā€œbanā€ automate or on bulk
But if they already on vacation now time to farm kris like no tommorow and they never get ban. Hahah

Rob is banned too

I would imagine there are legal reasons that a company selling digital items has to have humans check on bans since it can involve real money. The fact that this is proof they are not reviewing bans after claiming they do is eye opening ā€¦

2 Likes

Same problem hereā€¦ went to play as I have for the past many years, and says Iā€™m bannedā€¦

Iā€™ve played Gems of War for 4500 hoursā€¦ it was working fine as normal this morning when I last played itā€¦ I just went to play again as I usually do at night, and it comes up with a screen message that says ā€œYou have been banned for the following reason: hackingā€

Makes no sense ā€“ Iā€™m not aware of any hacks for the game, and have been playing it for yearsā€¦ Is there a bug with one of the recent updates?

1 Like

Have you been farming with Kris Krinkle or playing around with him in teams? Thatā€™s one of the theories right now.

I have been using the Kris Krinkle troop [agreed, seems to be the only common thing with the mass users being banned]ā€¦ I did get enough crystals to get the Golden Toy Sack pet as well [I think thatā€™s what it was called when I got it this morning]

1 Like

The other person in our guild, who got banned on Friday, says they used Kris Krinkle on Thursday but not on Friday.
My brother, who got banned on Friday, says he never used Kris Krinkle, only did the stuff heā€™s been doing almost every day for ages - adventure board, dungeons, events, E12 with Slayer/Centuragon/Zuul.

3 Likes

Yeah. He made a video about it, too.

One concern is if any status or stockpiled loot, keys, gems, etc. gets deleted or is lost if/when they fix thisā€¦ And even more concerning is [for myself as Leader of a Guild, along with other Guild leaders than might get hit with this Banned Bug] ā€“ while banned, if youā€™re the leader of the Guild, does that mean that Guild is now dissolved or deleted?

1 Like

Still havenā€™t seen any confirmation of this happening on all platforms yet though, just Xboxā€¦ is it restricted to Consoles, or steam/mobile players are also at risk?
:thinking: :vulcan_salute:

Happened to me on Steam

1 Like