Troops with immunity to transform

On def any troop with omen is crap, found sometimes 1 or 2 of my troops full at start thx to defender with omen trait.

About the istant refilling and hiding behind barrier i may be wrong but that dont come from the DE.

Happened aswell i killed the DE dude as dragon (especially if i turn into a krystenax).

Anyway if we talk about counters, there’s even less counter to teams who dont let you play (won at first turn again just lil ago, my squad is just 9,6k vs 11k+ squads and win/loss is 220/5, ok not all 3 trophy cuz the event, so tbh idont really see any real prob with any team in pvp).

Ofc when it come to gw and the stupid “color of the day” (that ihate already de or not, cuz i miss tons of good leg and myth) is another whole matter.

im talking about defense win/loss ratio tho, i have several really fast offense builds but fact of the matter is none of them are immune to transform which is the premise of this thread lol… my defense is 379/157 with that DE build that does not use titan or at all resembles the scorp build. transform not having anything that blocks it from happening is the issue here… oh wait, scratch that i just got another 4 wins and 0 losses on defense 379/157 now

Yep. Totally.

DE is improved by the hero talents yes, but so is every other troop/hero weapon. DE is improved even more because it has no counter. When DE was conceived I am certain it was not conceived to transform 2-3 troops in 2-3 turns. So it’s currently the only thing in pvp that has no proper nemesis.

I used DE in dragon teams when I got the weapon. It was something you might get to cast once. No way it improves win/loss ratio. Now with the extras, it is the only pvp playable troop that has no nemesis.

What is a counter to wrath?

Sylvanimora.

What is a counter to Famine?

Anything with mana shield or sky ancestry.

What is a counter to Mab.

Anything with mana shield or impervious.

What is a counter to devour.

Immunity to devour.

What is a counter to Infernus.

Web/magic steal.

DE has no counter… The only way you stop it is to kill it before it has a 100% chance to transform you into rubbish. Add the new hero stuff makes it something other than it was designed for.

2 Likes

If those are your counters to things, then Spirit Fox is your new counter to Dragon’s Eye.

1 Like

I just fought your team Barbelith.

I was transformed over 25 times. 4 TPK and I lost count after 20 baby dragons. I was on my iPad so couldn’t record it, but my last troop was transformed at least 15 times. I did not make 1 dragon either.

Gee - a dev should try it. Great team to showcase the stupidity of Dragon’s Eye.

1 Like

Was just making the point. Not saying any of those counters are world beaters.

Spirit Fox it takes 7 mana, DE refills with 1 brown match. It’s not a viable counter and it is not immune to transform - my point.

2 Likes

currently at 417/178 on defense LOL, hopefully it wont take long for dev to catch wind and do something about this spell effect that nothing is immune to. cuz its pretty imbalanced at the moment

Lol. Spirit Fox is empowered. Any player can choose to cast Spirit Fox to drain all 7 of the Dragon Eye’s mana from any hero class with 50% before the Dragon Eye even attempts to fill. A Dragon’s Eye that has to grab 15 mana isn’t even scary (and can’t fill on 1 brown match by itself).

I wish people actually knew what they were talking about before they started complaining about things.

1 Like

Won’t work against Thief class (with stealth as a talent). :open_mouth:

1 Like

So basically nobody lol, everyone’s all about Titan this and that. Would be funny if Thief becomes the new meta.

If you read my long post you will have read how and why Dragkns Eye fills. I wish people would read posts and not chime in on sections of another post and misquote/selective edit.

the problem isnt a certain class, it is the fact that NOTHING is immune to transform unlike every other spell effect. period. yes there are countless factors and limitless options but at the end of the day once there is a legit counter to build off of like trait that grants immunity or other spell effect that blocks it, then it will be balanced because you could simply have a team that cant be transformed problem solved. honesty it is a bit reminiscent of psion/mana drain builds prior to the ancestry traits which is why i think it should be a racial trait for mechs, seriously youre gonna wizard my toaster into a giant toad? that dont make much sense

To me, Titan is not that difficult to over come on defense. Even with DE. Annoying sometimes. But not that much of a threat.

2 Likes

Do I really have to deconstruct that long rant post you had that goes all over the place? I can, but its more tedious than playing a match versus a Dragon’s Eye.

1 Like

By all means, troops with immunity to transform would be a good addition to the game, although that trait would only protect the one troop and not the full team. Its going to be a bit of a dud trait a majority of the times unless tacked onto a previously existing trait or onto an updated trait that includes it. I’m still impressed Queen Aurora has that amazing Immunity to Death Mark.

I just don’t find Dragon’s Eye as threatening as this thread makes it to be. Any player that uses Mountain Crusher knows that sometimes the game just doesn’t want to give you any brown mana, and Dragon’s Eye at 15 mana is a lot worse. DE at 8 mana to fill is worse, but if you’re truly worried, you can zap it with Spirit Fox (with exception to Thief as mentioned above).

It just so happens Yao Guai/Tai-Pan is in season, meaning there’s no Brown mana on the table when the AI finally gets a turn. The player can do the exact same thing back to the AI vs Dragon’s Eye.

There’s ways to play around it safely right now. I have to be much more careful with the Mercy converters over the Dragon’s Eye.

I could imagine a witch turning a toaster into a frog. Magic can do a lot of silly things.

1 Like

I will concede that I maybe over explained the experience and cited examples - which could be argued against for sure. The point I was making was it has 100% chance of transforming and is easy to get there, more than maybe DE was intended when created.

I read a post from someone - can’t remember who but if I am right they were a beta tester either now or in the past. They posted before 4.1 landed saying expect a nerf to DE (ofc delve etc) as an argument was made it was the only transform that works 100% of the time.

I personally feel it’s awry as is right now. If something crops up that changes it or adds to a class - like Elves with their ancestry - I’d welcome it.

1 Like

I just fought a sin with DE, got 9 event points and he managed to cast DE a whole 0 times.

If you got tranformed so many times is only cuz you did on purpose.

And if the problem is the no immunity then who’s immune to istant kill?

That give lot more troubles than DE (Morana, megavore, assasins hero, etcetc).

And rofl at the DE refilling with 1 match after a drain, only the titan can get 12 mana IF he also get a surge and even that inst enough.

Your point is pretty clear and the solution is simple, some ice where it burn, personally am out of that silly crusade.

Those examples all have % chances to trigger.

Really? You are comparing a 8% chance to 100%? That’s not even close and barrier also blocks Megavore. Sure, Morana can’t be blocked but it’s also a chance (10% minimum) but it doesn’t hard cripple your team by turning your strong team into all baby dragons.

Assassin - 7% chance (Last troop)
Archer - 15% chance (Skull, first troop)
Megavore - 8% chance (Needs trait and 4/5 gem matches)
Lady Morana - 10% base chance (+2% for each purple, highest around 40% with 15 purple).

But all are a chance, I know for a fact I’ve failed to trigger Morana’s instant kill so many times that it is insulting (Yet the AI gets it at 10%…). Even the highest base chance is still rather low.

Now, transform troops are just worse.

Night Hag changes a troop to a Giant Toad which is very bad in almost all circumstances (Random chance)
Spooky Imp can change a troop to a Wraith (Random chance)
Possessed King can change 3 troops to a random Daemon (I don’t know if it includes traits) (20% * 3)
Toadstool changes a troop into a Toadstool (20%)
Dragon’s Eye changes a troop in a Baby Dragon (100%)

So, even with Night Hag and Spooky Imp not having guaranteed percentage chance (Around 33%), it’s not guaranteed in comparison to the Dragon’s Eye who also refills it’s mana.

2 Likes

28%20AM
man a lot of people must just be losing on purpose to this build eh? definitely nothing needs to happen with transform, absolutely balanced and no concern. move along these are not the baby dragons you are looking for xD

1 Like