Troop request for gems of war DEVS!

Here are some of my troop/trait ideas reply nerfs or buffs that you think NEED to be done. More coming soon.
AND DEVS OUT THERE IT WILL BE APPRECIATED IF YOU STOP BY.

TROOP 1.

NEXUS, LEGENDARY, SWORDS EDGE, DRAGON/KNIGHT

MANA COLORS BLUE/YELLOW

SPELL: DISCHARGE NEEDS 14 MANA

EXPLODE [MAGIC+2] GEMS THEN DEAL 3 DAMAGE TO ALL ENEMIES BOOSTED BY YELLOW GEMS EXPLODED (boost ratio 1:5)

MAXIMUMS STATS

ATTACK 10-18
LIFE 27-35
ARMOR 10-15
MAGIC 13-18

TRAITS 1. KNIGHT BOND 2. STONESKIN 3. VOLT (DEAL 5 DAMAGE TO 2 RANDOM ENEMIES ON 4 OR 5 GEM MATCHES)

TROOP 2.

DEATHWING, MYTHIC, SIN OF MARAJ, DAEMON/DRAGON

MANA COLORS PURPLE/BROWN/RED

SPELL: WINGS OF THE ABYSS NEEDS 25 MANA

DEAL [MAGIC+6] DAMAGE TO ALL ENEMIES, DISEASE DEATH MARK AND BURN THEM ALL WITH A ?% CHANCE TO DEVOUR EACH ENEMY

MAXIMUM STATS

ATTACK 15-20
LIFE 20-35
ARMOR 20-30
MAGIC 14

TRAITS 1. IMPERVIOUS 2. HUGE 3. SHADOWFALL (GAIN DOUBLE MANA FROM PURPLE GEM MATCHES EVEN ON MANA SURGES)

TROOP 3.

ANGEL, COMMON, WHITEHELM, DIVINE

MANA COLORS YELLOW

SPELL: HEALING MIST NEEDS 9 MANA

ENCHANT AN ALLY THEN HEAL ALL OTHER ALLIES BY [MAGIC+4]

MAXIMUM STATS

ATTACK 10-20
LIFE 18-25
ARMOR 10-16
MAGIC 6

TRAITS 1. DIVINE BOND 2. AIR LINK 3. BLESSED

TROOP 4.

CREATION 01, MYTHIC, ADANA, MECH/MYSTIC

MANA COLORS PURPLE/BROWN/YELLOW

SPELL: VOLTAIC SHACKLE NEEDS 25-30 MANA

STUN ALL ENEMIES, THEN HALVE ALL ENEMY MECH LIFE, THEN GIVE ALL ALLIES THE HALVED LIFE RANDOMLY SPLIT

MAXIMUM STATS

ATTACK 15-26
LIFE 25-40
ARMOR 20-30
MAGIC 0

TRAITS 1. MAGIC LINK 2. INFERNAL ARMOR 3. CIRCUT BREAKER (STEAL 2 OF ALL SKILLS FROM THE FIRST ENEMY ON 4 OR 5 GEM MATCHES

TROOP 5.

THE DREADNOUGHT, LEGENDARY, BLACKHAWK, CONSTRUCT/ROGUE

MANA COLORS BROWN/BLUE

SPELL: LAND HO! NEEDS 15-20 MANA

STEAL ALL OF THE ENEMY’S GOLD THEN GIVE ALL ALLIES [MAGIC+12] ATTACK SUMMON 1-3 BLACKHAWK TROOPS

MAXIMUM STATS

ATTACK 15-23
LIFE 26-37
ARMOR 10-16
MAGIC 6-12

TRAITS 1. ROGUE BOND 2. BARKSKIN 3. CANNON FIRE ( 50% CHANCE TO SUMMON A SHIP CANNON WHEN AN ALLY OR ENEMY DIES

Writing them all in CAPITALS made that really hard to read. Your ideas aren’t bad, but nothing hugely new or groundbreaking in there…

The devs don’t stop by to make use of random forumers’ ideas. I hope you had fun writing them, but they aren’t making it into the game. That said, the ideas include some obvious ones so they may be in the devs’ plan already…

Edit: apart from the ADANA one, that’s just stupid.

1 Like

These type of troop/weapon suggestion threads are getting rather tiresome and clogging up the forums as always.

Sorry to be a party pooper but is always a wasted effort people posting stuff like this.
Perhaps use time/creativity in another way?

ALL CAPS IS REALLY ANNOYING TOO, SORRY :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m sorry but who are you to call his idea stupid? You can disagree without belittling the bloke.

To be fair, @Jainus said the troop was stupid, not the OP. I would say that most of these are unbalanced, save angel which is more rare than common in terms of power.

I don’t think troop suggestions are bad, but most of these have major balance issues and the capslock is annoying. I have issues with these troops because I feel the spells and traits are greater than similarly themed troops and I am not a fan of uncontrolled powercreep.

I think the flagging of @Jainus in this case is ludicrous as save for one little line, he gets flagged? Other forum regulars have said far worse and I don’t find any fault in what he said.

1 Like

5 Likes

I hope that isn’t a CAPital offense.

1 Like

2 Much Caps. Just 2 Much. I can’t decide if all caps is worse than raNdOm CapS, but I think I don’t like either.

I’ve removed the flag. I agree that there was nothing offensive about the statement. Dismissive, perhaps, but cordial enough.

2 Likes

Right then, that’s the problem now isn’t it? You don’t see the problem calling someone’s ideas stupid? If it were my idea I would never post here again. That’s why I call this place toxic. Its only slightly less toxic than 001 and both are poorly moderated. But, have your forum m8, I’ll have no part of it. Cheers.

There is a difference between toxic behavior — ad hominem, for example — and dismissing someone’s idea. You are free to dislike something here so long as it doesn’t get personal.

3 Likes

I think your reaction misses the point. Separate the author from the idea.

I think the Adana troop idea is frankly a stupid one, for balance reasons which should be clear. Some of the other ideas are probably too strong and need adjusting, but the Adana one is so evidently miles beyond any other spell in the game that with a little reflection the author should have realised.

I never called the author stupid. I don’t know @jluong but from the opening post I’d say they come across as imaginative and enthusiastic…

If you take it personally whenever anyone disagrees with your ideas, then I suggest you’re wary about straying too far in this internet place.

@JLUONG I perhaps owe an apology, not for the ‘stupid’ line (that’s still a silly troop idea), but for not including more detail or commentary on what I liked or disliked and how ideas should be rebalanced. It was late last night when I posted and I didn’t spend time on it as I was tired. The Blackhawk ship idea is really fun, and the Angel fits a nice gap as I think the game needs more healing.

I note as well that no one else has paid any attention to the actual ideas. A few have ridiculed the author for the use of CAPS. Surely @bloctrap you need to flag those too? Bless…

PS @JLUONG a Deathwing idea is a clear breach of Blizzard IP and won’t happen…

Good day to you sir.

@Jainus i fixed up the creation 01 spell and now it only halves life instead of all stats

Do you see how that statement is dismissive and could easily be viewed as rude? When you are taking the high ground, make sure you don’t forget to actually be on the high ground.

3 Likes

I’m afraid that just makes it two rarity levels more powerful than mythic instead of three. Allow me to explain:

• HALVE ALL ENEMY LIFE
    Scales with enemy health, up to making fights against very high level opponents (e.g. Delve, Invasion, Boss Raid. Towers of Doom) fairly trivial. No counter, the spell always takes effect.

• THEN DEAL LETHAL DAMAGE TO ALL MECHS
    Destroy every enemy Mech, no matter how strong, without any way to prevent it. Which quite conveniently also removes their only way to stand a chance against this troop.

• THEN GIVE ALL ALLIES THE ENEMY LIFE HALVED RANDOMLY SPLIT
    Resulting in your team guaranteed to have a higher health total than the opponent team, no matter the state prior to casting the spell.

I don’t think there’s a way to fix this, even Zuul’Goth is getting inferiority complex just looking at the spell. Making the troop Divine and giving it a third trait that is hell to play against doesn’t help.

1 Like

@Fourdottwoone I change the spell and the troop type to a mech counter card but now i think it is not powerful enough (like the fallen valdis heh heh)