Troop just up and died at start of battle

Platform, device version and operating system:

Steam, Windows 10

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

I started the match with my team: Greed, Egg Thief, Runepriest w/Skeleton Key, and Cedric Sparklesack. This is what my opening should look like…

Instead it looks like the screenshots I posted above this, where my first troop, Greed, immediately died. notice he has a combined 265 health (70 Armor/95 Life).

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
First time I’ve noticed it.

Steps to make it happen again

I’m using the following talents as Runepriest: Serendipity, Hammer Mastery, Vanguard, Tactician, Savior, and Tree of Knowledge. From the pictures, it appears that the “random status” was probably applied to Greed and it was something that killed him instantly, because no other troop has anything on them (except my hero which already starts with Barrier). My troops do have some mana collected because of the brown gem exploded by Greed at the beginning of the match.

3 Likes

Hmm, he reflects some skull damage - so perhaps opening skulls matched and killed Greed?

Something similar happened to me last week in a PVP casual match. I wasn’t using any of the troops you were. I didn’t have any troops that explode gems at beginning of turn, but it happened and the enemy troops gained Mana then my top troop died before I even made a move. I was so taken aback I didn’t think to record since I won the match anyway

1 Like

Dragotaur reflecting skull damage? That’s not a thing.

1 Like

As mentioned, the enemy troop doesn’t have Skull damage reflection, but regardless, I didn’t match any skulls anyway. Look at his armor – 148, white, it hasn’t been touched. If damage had been done, it would be yellow (like in the bottom picture). That almost means I didn’t even explode a single skull. A single brown gem was exploded, but it didn’t hit any skulls.

Basically match started, gem exploded, first troop died instantly.

Were you using a hero that had any of the same talents, specifically Serendipity perhaps?