Troop filters *always* save

Platform, device version and operating system:
iOS, iPhone 7, 12.current

Screenshot or image:
Available if needed

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Every time I filter troops, the filter sticks unless I specifically press the “Clear Filter”, “Save Filter”, and then “Apply Filter” buttons. This is the only way I have found to not save a search, even after restarting the game.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Has been happening since 4.1 went live and this feature was introduced. (This is a cool feature, by the way. So thanks for developing it!)

Steps to make it happen again

1. Visit troops menu.
  2. Set a filter.
  3. Exit troops menu.
  4. Return to troops menu and see that filter remains.

Suggestion
Make it easier to not save a search.

I think it’s intended, when you apply the filter, it also save it

But what if I don’t want to save the filter? Why even have a “save filter” button if it does nothing?

Edit: this post was mistaken. The “Save Filter” button does something after all, but only as part of a series of instructions.

2 Likes

I don’t say it’s a good thing im just saying what i noticed but i agree we don’t need both button

Saving only good when you quit the troop menu without wanting to quit, it happened to me several time

@Grundulum I wasn’t able to repro this issue. The only way I was able to save my filter was to hit the save filter button. Hitting apply didn’t save it - only hitting the save filter button saved it.

Did you work it out or still having this issue?

@Kafka on xbox it still save when i apply filter

It always saves for me too (on PC), very confusing. I’ve tried hitting the button to NOT always save it, but I have to confess I haven’t found any logic in it.

For now I just hit “clear filter” every time I enter the menu, but it’s not really improved QoL… :laughing:

Can you clarify the exact buttons/Steps you are clicking when this happens @Grundulum?

Untitled

26 days ago hahaha

The problem I am having is that I have not successfully isolated what causes the issue. Sometimes the troop filter doesn’t save, with no activity on my part, and sometimes I can’t get the filter to not save.

I will keep testing as time allows, but I hope that others with the same issue will poke around and help identify an exact state/sequence that will consistently reproduce this problem.

Edit: but thank you to you and to @Kafka for following up with this and trying to make sense of an admittedly muddled bug report.

1 Like

I’ll make a bug report so we can test for this as well but yeah, if you start noticing a pattern please let us know!

Mine saves every time, unless I “Clear” it.

For example, let’s say I had a Dragon Claw Daily Task, this is what I would do:

1. Hit “Troops”
  2. Click on my “Daily Task” team and delete the previous team
  3. Set Kingdom Filter to Dragon Claw
  4. Scroll through filtered troops and add them to my team
  5. Back out of the Troops menu by just pressing B.

Now, if I click troops again, it will show me that Dragon Claw fliter. This is Example One.

Now, in Example Two: if instead of going straight back into the Troops menu, I went straight into a battle, after leaving the Troop menu the first time, and after one or two battles, in say, Explore, I think “Ehh, I’m going to swap out my fourth slot with Elema”, I would back out of Explore with the B button. Next, I would hit “Troops” and Dragon Claw would still be the Filter.

The only way to get it to not auto filter anything when I return to the Troops menu is to hit that Reset Filter button (I think that’s what it’s called. The big, rectangle button, on the bottom left, below the search bar), before I exit the Troops menu each time.

There is one thing I noticed, though. While whatever I put into the Search Bar and whatever I click on the drop down Filters will always save, the colors I pick, on top, won’t save. Same with the “All Colors” button. That doesn’t auto save either. Only the Search Bar and drop down menu Filter selections (Like Kingdom and Troop Type)

This is just my experience, of course. I can’t speak for anyone else.

I hope this helps @Kafka