Treasure Hunt high scores 1.0.9 (screenshots)

@Jalljer – skill and luck, yes, both. But it’s pretty easy for me to imagine that at the point where I have 20 turns and a vault, someone else is 2 to 3 times better than me–like, that’s not a huge multiplier (it is probably an underestimation) and it would explain the rest.

1 Like

Yes, i came up with the number of all possible moves in the game for one answer and the most possible moves before none can be made as another answer. Only made possible if the board jumples in your favour and while you gain extra turns.

1 Like

hello, first entry… best score so far… almost weeped when I saw the score of 1300+ !
How long did that guy take to get that score! 10h?

6 Likes

Good payout though, got anything fancy in return?

20 traits tones well earned faster than getting to the top of the leader board. Wonder what they were and if any of them were fancy.

2 arcanes, couple of runics… not a bad haul.

Little bit necro but I don’t really care because I just beat my highscore by 100.

5 Likes

Any tips or strategies on how to score so high. My best record is, #59. Would anybody be willing to share and help me score higher. Would very much appreciate.

Very basic rules of thumb are to go for, in this order:

• 5-matches (duh) - but starting from the top so as to not ruin other ones
  • 4-matches - if they are numerous, start from the top as above…
  • … but if not, try to hit lower on the board to potentially trigger 5-matches
  • 3-matches - lower on the board as above

A major trick is getting used to the behavior of these things when they’re matched, since unlike gems they will leave an object behind.

Other things to remember:

A main goal is to (counter-intuitively) avoid having all the 5-/4-matches trigger in one move because you won’t net the benefit of the extra turns. Although the cascades do still increase your board’s value.

Also try to prevent lower-value coins (especially red/bronze coins but also blue ones) from getting near the bottom. They become hard to match and clog the board up from there.

Be prepared to chance getting a blue coin, gold coin, or brown box coming down from the top if you match a vertical set - easy way to potentially net an unexpected 5-match if you’ve got nothing else going for you.

Don’t match 4 or 5 green/red chests unless you really have to - its more valuable to keep them around and prevent them from being absorbed (weigh the extra/turn over the potential loot - it may be worth having 5 red chests and having the game end vs getting a few more turns by matching them into one vault).

Leave matching the red chests for opportune moments because the vaults can’t be moved afterward (and can cause problems) - always attempt to get them on the bottom row.

1 Like

Prioritize 5-matches and 4-matches over just about anything else. Sometimes it can be hard to identify 5-matches immediately (this will get easier and easier as you play more), so take a minute to look over the screen. Some of the more commonly missed 5 matches are L-Shaped or T-shaped. If there are multiple 4 or 5 matches available on the screen, always go for the ones that are higher first to be sure that they don’t mess up the lower ones. Eventually you can learn to set up 4 or 5 matches with moves, but it generally just takes lots of playing to become good enough to set these up. If there are no 4 or 5 matches available, it is almost always better to do a match lower on the screen for the possibility of cascades that can open up more stuff for you. If you follow all these steps you should be able to easily break your record for moves. My best is around 150 I believe.

I’ve learned to recognize the cascades, so I’m usually pretty good at eking out 4- and 5-matches. My record is somewhere in the low 200s, but I didn’t keep track; I do know that hunt got me 6 vaults, which is double anything I’ve done before or since. I can pretty often get into the high 100s, although it seems like 2 out of 3 maps I do are well below 100. I’m still trying to learn how to hone my strategy even better.

this. (qft qft)

I don’t know if the thread is still available, but:

8 Likes

very nice score! I’m a bit ashamed to admit that even with the bonus of added turns through the guild statue, i have not been able to top my own 189 turns.

That’s because it only adds six moves. Its not like having a stronger start will really improve one’s game that much.

Got a 244 today, my new record!!

1 Like

I got 4 vaults and 20000+ a few times. But today… everything really went right!

Don’t know if I will ever do it again!

I got 9 floaty castles in Triple Town a few years ago, so I guess the skills transfer.

13 Likes

Those rewards do not seem as good as the number of vaults would suggest. However those trait stones look mighty nice.

The big reward from treasure hunting is keys, which in this case are effectively an extra 18 gems and 180 glory.

But really, if you want to maximise rewards it’s probably better to play a bit faster rather than try for the perfect treasure hunt!

1 Like

@Sirrian

What do you think of having a weekly Treasure Hunt leaderboard with some rewards giving out for the top group of players. Obviously, they don’t have to be as generous as the PvP Event.

It seems some players reply enjoy this mode. Why not give them something to strive for and brag about?

PS: This is not for me, I rarely play TH.
Thanks

10 Likes