Top Bracket 1 guild war players

@AMT have you read “Guild Wars, Point-Scoring for Battles, and You!”? It gives a general breakdown of the factors that affect score, much of which is copied into the Help Centre article (https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000340936-Point-Scoring-for-Guild-Wars). Some of the discussion covers a few side-notes, like lethal effects (e.g. Scorpius, Megavore) not counting towards damage.

What Earnham said re: (true) damage and mana is pretty spot on, as far as I’m aware (mainly from reading, but also experience).

• True damage still counts as damage, it just means that there isn’t as much to contribute to the ratio (which caps out at 4:1), since it only concerns Life. Not an issue if you don’t take much damage!
  • Not 100% sure what you meant about ‘mana wastage’, but as far as I’m aware, it only takes into account mana collected, not used. I’m actually not sure whether or not it includes Mana colors not used by your troops… I think it was asked in the thread but didn’t get an answer. Could be wrong.

I’m pretty sure the maximum possible score for any possible day is 9,820 9,800 (sorry, was getting mixed up with the max possible score for a Paragon battle, 1,820) (assuming 0 moves made – killed from Omen traits/Accursed, I guess :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). We started out pretty low in the brackets, so I’ve been able to test a few things out – and have been able to win in 1 move from Omen traits/storm/AoE a few times.

The score was (I think exactly? It’s been a while since I looked at it, so I can’t remember exactly) exactly 1% of the base score away from 5.2 * (base score), so I felt reasonably comfortable extrapolating the total bonus from the 4 factors (damage, mana, troops, moves) to x3.2, with an added x2 for the color bonus.

Iirc, the points lost from moves made caps out after 30 moves (from the thread).

So ‘moves made’ accounts for 0.3/3.2 of the bonus from those 4 factors, not taking into account the color bonus.

In terms of documented scores, this is the thread you’re looking for :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:: Whats your Guild Wars Top Score?. Has popped up to the top a couple of times recently.

On me: level ~1260, in-game name Little Jonathan, PC/Mobile. GM/founder of the GemMakin’BobsledTeam, currently in Bracket ~150(?) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Generally score ~56-7k+, especially now that our statues are maxed :stuck_out_tongue:. We had TWO (2!!) other active guilds in our Bracket last time!!!

I hope this is relevant, despite not being in B1 – just trying to help answer AMT!!! :stuck_out_tongue::vulcan_salute::sweat_smile:

2 Likes