ToD suggestion

Given that ToD is a collaborative guild event, why not make it so we know what scroll is in each room after a guild mate has already beaten it? It would save time and the need to use third-party apps to share our findings.

23 Likes

You can already share your findings using the Guild Chat channel (and I believe this is already suggested in an official article somewhere - ah, right, here) Personally I plan to do that for our next (Switch) Tower of Doom event…

I’m not sure that making this info automatic is the best idea … convenient as it would obviously be. Maybe it could be implemented as a cheap scouting fee?

Guild chat is kind of terrible for this though as (a) it scrolls so older messages age off and (b) room content is highly structured information that is hard to express accurately and concisely in unstructured text. (The taransworld “shorthand view” always looks like line noise to me!)

I don’t see any downside to simply adding a “contains this scroll” icon to rooms on the level that have already been played by other guild members.

8 Likes

This as well as not having weekly event scoring in-game remain some of the game’s greatest mysteries… Until you realize that players not understanding events causes them to spend more gems on sigils!

6 Likes

Yeah, that depends on your specific Guild. (Mine is small and quiet, so…)

Maybe a way to give props to whoever scouted would be to add “Discovered by ________”. Could encourage participation through recognition.

Could even add “Retrieved 26 times / by 26 guild members”. Space is a consideration, though.

A separate tab with a scrollable tower/table with discovered scrolls would be nice, for tracking e.g. Luck scrolls over x floors so you know for scouting reasons, or just as a general overview. This might need extra development time, though, so perhaps not a priority.

My mock up from a while ago:

It’s disheartening looking back at previous topics on this / how many times the exact same suggestion has been requested previously, anew (I’m sure there are more than what’s listed below, including responses within threads).

Seems like it was understood by the dev team:

It would be nice to have something that is suitable for all guilds or doesn’t require your guild to be small and quiet, tbh.

12 Likes

I would be happy if the scroll received in the room was displayed at least for me. Now I am doing a very quick reconnaissance, and if I didn’t pay attention to the rewards, then I can’t see what was there anywhere

4 Likes

Yeah if only anyone listened to qol suggestions?

4 Likes

@Bramble as you can see this idea has had nothing but positve feedback, could you please put this idea to the higher powers for consideration.

7 Likes

Good point! I often forget what certain scrolls do specifically (Scroll of Power? Scroll of Luck?) and there’s literally no in-game reference for these except at the Rewards Screen itself.

And Jonathan’s UI mockup looks great.

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

@Lucien
I’ll pass on the suggestion as a Quality of Life request to the development team for their consideration.

It does seem like a lot of people like this idea!

16 Likes

It’s been around for almost 5 years and “passed on to the development team”, in several iterations. Thanks for trying again, but there seems little reason to believe that this will play out different this time. Is there anything the community can do to help give this a higher than 0% chance to even get read?

8 Likes

OMG this thing has to be done, most useful Guild improvement suggestion I have seen in this forum.

2 Likes

almost a year later, i have come back to see it is still not a part of the game, yet we have a broken pvp (a feature we never asked for) and a perpetually cancelled Guild Wars.

My suggestion for 8.0 is to look through all of the feature requests and implement the ones that gained the most traction.

Trust us we are the ones who play your game for many hours daily, not just to show off or “test” features.

5 Likes

Yet again, this would be a huge improvement, unlike so many of the recent changes to the game. Being able to see what scrolls have been found by other guild members would make tower of doom so much more engaging and encourage more players to get involved, even spending more in game to do so. Can’t understand why the dev team refuse to adopt ideas like this.

It is because us, the consumer are mere peasants and we know nothing. We need to be told what is fun and how we should have said fun.

5 Likes