Timer for GaP and Exalted Path is useless

The issue: the timer used for Gnome-a-Palooza and for the Exalted/Paragon Path is useless.

The reasoning: The timer only appears on the main map screen. Players are in battles and going out the main screen after each battle to see who much time is left it, well, really a waste of time.

The player solution (or at least the one I use): Set a timer on my phone.

The preferred solution: The devs move the timer to a better location. Some places it could be moved to include the actual battle screen. (There is plenty of room under the settings/gear icon for the timer.) Put it on the screen before each battle. (Again there is plenty of room for this.) Put is on the screen after each battle.

If there is going to be a timer in the game, it should be able to be seen. As it is, it’s totally useless. There might as well not be a timer counting down at all.

Before anyone chimes in with “the music is different on the GaPs and, well, the gnomes go away when it’s over” argument, not everyone plays with the sound on and the time is the same the one used for the daily Path timed runs. So it would make sense to move the timer for any event using a timer to a place where it can be easily seen.

17 Likes

You have a good idea. To give it some better visibility, you can probably move it to the “feature request” topic, because I think it belongs there.

4 Likes

While I mostly agree, I’d like you to ask yourself: What could go wrong, when they implement such a timer? Are there any possible ways, it could break the fight interface, crash the game or harm player accounts?

The current update reminds me again to be very, very cautious when it comes to messing with any existing features. Remember, whatever becomes broken will remain broken at least until the following week.

8 Likes

True. Based on recent updates, maybe we should ask them NOT to make any changes. And I think getting bugs fixed in a week is very optimistic.

1 Like

I dont think they could get any worse than deleting your troops so I say go for it.

3 Likes

New sounds for xp booster please!!!

The smart move or way to have this imo would be to include the timer from the drop down menu (in the middle of a match ofc) and since it’s the first thing we as player’s would concentrate on it’s the first thing that pops? Unless you’s turn music/sfx up or down first then have it focused?