Things that need to be nerfed

So do i feel when Venoxia Celestasia or even Jarl for that matter keep looping themselves, that doesn’t mean i think it is a good idea to nerf them, well aside from Celestasia who looped herself above 90% of the time with 10 gems, also a celestial dragon ? come on… Anyways neither Jarl nor Venoxia or current Celestasia are overpowered, if anything they are mid tier legendaries.

@Machiknight, i think extra turns is definitely a mechanic that should be spread more among troops, and i see it very fitting for elfs, being all agile and smart(and pointy eared arrogant bums), probably best to attach them to conditions though, like several of the hero weapons have, that way it will be much less annoying to face in the hands of the AI and could prove to be much more fun building teams around.

I mostly disagree. Extra turns should be used sparingly.

3 Likes

They are used sparingly right now, and it doesn’t do any good does it? It causes people to single out a troop type for wanted nerfs that isn’t in fact overpowered.

Also extra turns attached to conditions have never been a cause for complain, Chalice was complained about because of its hefty defensive buff and got nerfed in that aspect, the conditional extra turn is still on it, and is still not complained about. No one is complaining about Raven or Thrall either, well other than that they are too weak if anything.

2 Likes

I wasn’t completely disagreeing with you, I was more falling under the branch of not wanting extra turns to be the solution to all the other troops problems.

I agree that extra turns attached to statuses could be fun.

I also think statuses need to be more widely used.

3 Likes

You’re absolutely right, and i definitely wouldn’t want to flood the game with it. But if there was one or two extra turn based troops among the underused trooptypes like elfs or dwarfs etc. it would be an easy in to start brushing up their rosters.

Completely agree on status effects, its a more subtle way to increase a troops value and there is a lot of room for it. Frozen is still very rare, but adding more of that might somewhat interfere with their plans of the new kingdom.

You think frozen is rare? Look at hunters mark!

2 Likes

Hunters mark is so rare i didn’t even think about it :wink:

1 Like

Goblins need no nerf, They need to represent their rarity which i think they do nicely.

While I agree that more could be done to bring other similar rarity troops up in line so that they’d be a good alternative to goblins (especially dwarves!), I think (mostly) everyone is looking at it the wrong way. I tried to touch on it in my post from yesterday, but if you are facing goblins a majority of the time, that means that someone is intentionally setting them on defense. And so then you have to ask yourself why are they doing so? Are they trying to make the fight a difficult one, a challenging one, or an easy one? Do they want to win the defense (usually an argument from OP if goblins win all the time, which they don’t) or are they trying to make you choose another opponent?

With the prevailing attitude, I am guessing it’s to be “annoying” and make you choose another, since hardly anyone has mentioned the legendary teams and troops which I personally find more annoying/difficult/draws out the match more.

Check out the new post to give ideas for enhancing team synergy on other teams:

Yep, just saw it and posted there too :slight_smile:

.[quote=“killerman3333, post:88, topic:6038, full:true”]
Goblins need no nerf, They need to represent their rarity which i think they do nicely.
[/quote]

What?! That’s objectively not true. Just look at the facts:

1. Goblin Rocket is absurdly strong for its rarity. It’s a UR with a 9 cost skill. The skill damages + board controls + feeds + gives an extra turn. I’d argue it’s one of if not the most powerful skills among URs. And yet most UR skills cost 12ish. Giant Spider is 13, Knight Coronet is 12, Hob-Goblin is 11, & Treant is 12, to name some the strongest/most popular URs. But even crazier is that the only URs with a lower cost are Lamia and War Sphinx. Virtually all URs cost more than Goblin Rocket…

2. Boar Rider is also ridiculous, though not as bad as Rocket. It’s a R with a 9 cost skill. The skill damages + board controls + gives an extra turn. 9 is about right for Rs in general, but if you compare its skill to other Rs it’s clearly one of the strongest. The only ones I can think of that compare are Alchemist (10 cost and no damage or turn but good feeding), Banshee (14 cost and damage and feeds), Dryad (10 cost and life plus barrier plus feeds), Valk (10 cost and amazing feeder plus the Souls), & Wight (10 cost and good damage plus life steal and feeds). Literally none of them are as well-rounded and their skills all cost more than Boar Rider’s.

3 Likes

Ah but look at the damage he does. At level 1 he can only do 6 damage. Lamia who costs less can do more damage. Also you can’t feed goblin rocket with goblin shaman, but you can feed hobgoblin who deals more damage. Also he is not a maurader so his synergy prevents you from getting the full goblin bonus and he can only collect 70% of what he hits. Those that seem to cost more also do more damage even though they do less stuff for their spell. Druid for example deals 8 damage with his spell at level 1 and can hit the entire team. Boar rider can’t generate mana for the team but does give full team bonus if chose over rocket but you sacrifice a colour for it (yellow). Goblord’s last trait got buffed to 20 from 10 and the goblin’s team buf got nerfed but somehow the team is too powerful, also most teams do not run goblin king so the buff is a waste. Boar rider barily does any damage at level 1, doing only 3 damage which is the same amount as goblin but for 3 mana more seems fair for one row being cleared and with no effect i might add. The only reason the team seems good is because it gets multiple team bonuses for being both zaejin and mauraders, which can not be said of other kingdoms and also the impatience of players makes it seem like goblins are overpowered. They are cheep and easy in theory if you plan to make the team but by no means are they great and overpowered.

1 Like

On 1.
While i agree on Goblin Rocket being incredibly efficient, its spell also is a rather subtle damage ability.
It does about half the damage that other damage abilities with similar cost do (Griffon Knight or Frost Giant fe.)and you have to cycle it quite a lot to keep up with those.
To the comparison to other URs while those spells might not be as efficient they are much more decisive.
Knight Coronet easily does 3-4 times the damage with just one activation, also has a chance on keeping the turn and has some amazing traits in addition. Treant is among the best tanking troops in the game, and his spell is very powerful in supporting that role both defensively and offensively.
Don’t get me wrong, i am not saying Goblin Rocket isn’t strong, just saying other UR are too and tend to consume less time to achieve results.

On 2.
I agree it is the best stand-alone rare troop in the game in my opinion. The damage is in line with other rares of similar cost, but he gets much in addition. He could definitely cost 1 or 2 more mana and still be a top rare troop.

He does as much damage as goblin and costs 3 more mana, gains no mana for team but clears one row. Is clearing one row worth 3 mana?

Clearing a row and having a guaranteed extra turn after it is an amazing board manipulation tool, and easily worth 3 mana yes. You can set up 4-matches with it very often.

1 Like

Yes but on its own is clearing a row worth 3 mana? Goblin deals damage and an extra turn so omiting that is the row clear worth 3 mana?

Before the 1.08(5) update, I use to see Boar Rider quite a bit, usually in the 3 spot, surrounded by Legendaries. Why? For the extra turn and board control. I rarely saw Goblin except on teams that didn’t have much of anything.

1 Like

Its the combination of the two yes. It allows you to set up 4+matches or matches of a colour you need, when there is none on the board effectively gaining you mana.

1 Like

In combo yes you could set up a 4 match sure but when it comes to rows the extra turn might be “extra” when you figure that popping a row and getting a 4 match for it even though your extra turn is going to already work anyway seems extra to me in this case, however if you are not able to make a 4 match but in the next turn you can then it would make sense. I noticed alot of people ditching goblin for his “upgraded counterpart” and explaining that it was worth the 3 mana extra.