Things that need to be nerfed

Oh i see the disconnect, what i meant with setting up a 4+match is not actually connecting 4 gems with the row-removal but looking for patterns and setting up gems so that after your auto-extra turn you can manually connect a 4 match, effectively giving you 2 extra turns.

Edit: Also even if there is no opportunity to set up a 4 match, the least the row removal will get you pretty much every time is an additional 3 match compared to goblin making more than up for its higher spell cost.

Thatā€™s the point though, you canā€™t judge it on its own. It has to be judged in the way that it is written.

As it is writen goblin and boar rider have almost identicle effects except one clears a row nad the other does not and the one clearing the row costs 3 mana more. So as it is written the developers seem to have felt that a row clearing effect should cost 3 mana. This puts it on par with other 3 cost spells like peasant and dwarvan miner.

No, Goblin is also OP and its spell should cost more. I didnā€™t want to include Goblin, but it also deserves a spot on the list. 6 mana for its damage plus an extra turn should cost more.

Again, compare it to other Cs. The only ones that cost less are Miner, Ghoul, & Peasant. Those that cost the same are Thrall, Spider Swarm, Ogre, Musketeer, & Dire Wolf. Itā€™s far superior to any of these. Thatā€™s unarguable.

Satyr is the obvious comparison since it deals damage to the last enemy (meaning you donā€™t get to select the target as you do with Goblin) and it gives an extra turn. It costs 8. Thus, Goblin should cost 8 or even 9.

This, of course, means the Goblin to Boar Rider comparison is a bad analogy. If Goblinā€™s ā€œtrue costā€ should be 8 or 9 then Boar Rider should pay some extra mana for its board control and thus cost somewhere in the 11-12 range depending on how much value you think there is in board control that can deny the opponent matches and very easily set you up for additional 4+ matches to chain turns together. I say 3, maybe you think itā€™s 2. Either way, the current cost is too low.

1 Like

Theoretically targeting should be worth more than non targeting so goblinsā€™ spell should cost more than satyr by one or two and satyr should cost 5 or 4.

1 Like

You missed the part where Goblinā€™s spell is way stronger than others of the same cost. Iā€™ll break it down for you:

1. 6 is too cheap relative to what 6 gets you for every other card in the game.
  2. Satyr, at 8, is the best analogy.
  3. Goblin is better than Satyr.
  4. Thus Goblin should cost as much or more than Satyr.
1 Like

A satyr for a satyr and the whole world goes bored

The problem is that at high levels, many troops start to be similar in terms of attack, armor, life and magic because of kingdoms bonuses.

Goblin spells should probably not scale with magic (or 1/4). That would make them the perfect troops to use at lower levels but less worthy at higher levels.

Also might be worth revisiting the Zaejin + marauder bonus or the dynamic. I think it would be interesting for these bonuses to scale with the number of live troops

That would just make them absolutely useless from mid level on upwards.

I find goblins FAR less frustrating to deal with then the likes of sheggra//celestia//bonedragon. Frankly Iā€™m not a fan of nerfs, I would rather buff OTHER creatures to equal the greatness of existing ā€œtop tiersā€ then nerf the top tiers down.

1 Like

The best solution is usually a bit of bothā€¦

1 Like

You should contribute your thoughts to the other thread about what need to be buffed. Specifics are a helpful thing.

Goblins are not the only troop type to get double bonuses, one for kingdom and troop type. Only reason goblins get used and why they are ā€œnerf-baitā€ is because of the extra turn. Would they get used if it was not for the extra turn?

Fully traited mythic goblins can be a pain in the butt.

Nope. If they didnā€™t have the extra turns they absolutely would not need a nerf. But extra turns on all abilities, especially ones that include board control and feeding, are crazy strong. They make it super easy to chain turns together and eliminate the risk of getting punished. Itā€™s hard to quantify just how powerful an extra turn is (i.e., how much mana that alone should cost) but itā€™s undoubtedly very valuable, especially with skills like Goblin Rocket, Boar Rider, & Shaman.

1 Like

Bite your tongue heathen, or the Fire God Jarl will burn you into oblivion to remind you that he sits on a throne above all, as a god amongst insect.

1 Like

You mean The God Who Got Fired, donā€™t you?

1 Like

Whichever way you spin it, Jarl rules over all

Depends where you put the cursor or the scaling, but I think the goal is to push people to other troops at high levels

Exactly! I think that the thing a bit broken with ascend. All troops become very similar in terms of stats. Hobgobelin with 27 attack, gobelin ambush 17 dmg for 6 mana. But maybe the logic around ascend should be a bit revisited to not be so powerful rather than hitting the goblins directly.

Both are nerfed this week. Hopefully all of you, who had problems with goblin teams in the past, will do better now.