Things that need to be nerfed

Remember when they nerfed goblin’s health? Still players still called nerf. they increased the mana? still call nerf. I think that no matter how you nerf goblins people will still play them.

Well it would either make them utterly overpowered in lower levels, or completely useless in … well basically everywhere, i was generous before with the term “mid level”. Static damage is always problematic in that way.
Also from a progression point of view static damage should be avoided wherever possible in this game, it takes so much of the supposed good feeling of ascending and levelling a troop, when its damage doesn’t increase along the way.

1 Like

You can use something like 5 + 1/4 (1/2?) magic (or make so that they gain much less with magic). It’s the case on quite a few of hero’s weapons, so why not on goblins?

It is only on some AoE hero weapons that already naturally scale 4x with magic by design.
If your proposed kind of magic scaling was on any of the single target damage hero weapons you can be sure it would be just as problematic, and that weapon would be just as op at lower levels or useless anywhere else as Goblins were with it.

Nothing needs nerfed. boost weak stuff give senergy to troops that have none or little. stop the madness of nerfing.

building teams that constantly get nerfed is annoying/frustrating/irritating.

I have only played GoW since near Dec. 2015 and I Love this game but I have had now in that short time 5-6 teams nerfed to ruin and few others weakened by it. I hope the nerfing can stop.

3 Likes

Your hope is futile. The devs prove repeatedly they have only one version of the nerf bat in their arsenal and not even remotely interesed in any other approaches.

Like current treatment of the best troop around, boar rider. If it was so in the way they could trim its damage to half. With just the same effort altering a table entry too, as magic/2 is already in the game.

No, they went with bumping the mana cost that will mostly hurt the attacker side, the player who used if for board control, for a play style that is little more than pulling the flashing gem.

This is a tired old debate… The game steadily improves from a mixture of buffing some things and nerfing others… The usual whinging ensues when someone’s beloved team gets adjusted and makes the game take a little more effort or thought… Do I agree with every change made? No… Do I have list of things I’d change, mostly buffs, some nerfs, to add to variety, yes… But overall it seems the devs are doing a great job and improvement is steady… I look forward to when so much of the structural stuff is in place and different content is added… Until then it’s still great fun to collect things and to play… If it isn’t, don’t… No one is making you play…

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s a great improvement to add mindless I win cards that just need a dozen arcanes bought from the shop… while eliminating the remainder of those that require attention to the board.

I really wish people would be quicker to offer buffs to improve troops. It’s always “don’t nerf my troop, why you nerf my troop” but little in the way of constructive feedback for making more troops viable. There’s even an active thread for it!

3 Likes

I was not trying to start some 100 year old debate back up. but feel the same as @Studs
people cry nerf there goes a team but usually not the team they are using and it goes back and forth a lot.

while buffing and senergy adjustments could bring other teams up. instead of stealing peoples hard work they did to build a team that gets nerfed.
I havn’t played game that long so I know nothing of these old debates, sorry