Things that make you angry while playing GoW

Back when I started playing (close to level 1150) in top 3-4 brackets, I lacked easily 25 mythics and I could still concoct a team setup which could get a win on a GW day. If not in the first turn, I could do it slowly and steadily - matching gems like it is supposed to.

Currently, I don’t think a player of that level has a decent chance of winning against a double empowered converter defenses with Doomed tomes to go. That does make me unhappy when there’s a request for a team setup and I can’t suggest something that the player has, to successfully counter the defense.

3 Likes

not very angry, just roll my eyes anger. what a waste of a slot

6 Likes

Homework assignment! Find the correct move to win this battle! This is the starting board.

Moonsinger: Turns Purple to Green
Malcandessa: Turns Yellow to Green

Solution

There is none. AI casted Malcandessa, turning yellow to green. Doomed Libram filled, casted 3 times in a row. I got my turn back with a webbed, poisoned, mana drained, 3 quarter dead Spirit Fox and nothing else.

Aren’t Guild Wars starting boards great? Yet, people don’t believe in mulligans. Gotta go fast amirite?

3 Likes

Spirit Fox drain the Moonsinger? That doesn’t cast, Malcandessa doesn’t have yellow to work with. Otherwise not a great board, no. Don’t listen to me, this is incorrect.

1 Like

wouldn’t work, since it would leave a 5 match of green which would fill the Doomed Libram. The same instalose results would still likely happen, given that the game was insistent on even making The Wild Queen frozen with 2 Orpheus and 1 Anu medal equipped so I can’t rely on the Duststorm as any kind of hail mary.

Thanks for wasting my time assuming you were offering a puzzle and not a trick question. :+1:

1 Like

Hey, maybe you might have seen something I didn’t lol.

Also, this is the topic about being angry… so if there was a legit solution, there might not be a reason to be angry.

3 Likes

Zaejin 10/13? You no love the goblins? Now I is angry too.

Second kingdom I got to 15. After Grosh-Nak, of course.

I’m trying to keep the bloodlust down on my Orcs by not favoring the Goblins in the meantime. Its not war time yet!

So yes, no love for Goblins, except Bugbear. He’s ok. Apparently, he’s the only Goblin/Orc.

2 Likes

Oops. Yeah, you’re not wrong.

I will return to my original years-old statement of “jesus no do not add more troops like Mercy and nerf the hell out of her” but did they listen???

4 Likes

“Just run this hotfix to break the scrolls, and this other one to fix it, and they will think actual people still work here.”

dog

1 Like

$55 in gems for a minor ascension orb.

$55? At 2 cents, it’s $14 - still a ripoff…but still.

Its always a minor orb ; always an orb we have; green by the multitude and anything but the useful orb .
What I currently detest; loathe and am scathing seething about; is the ridiculous story lines; lore stories are utter tripe and nonsense; for goodness sake; is the best you have for the current new faction is : “I hate spiders.” Its puerile; oh you can’t afford a script writer as profits are obviously low…

It appears I misspoke. I had planned to get Zaejin to 15, but the moneylenders and merchants have not released the funding required to get any Kingdom other than Grosh-Nak to 15. I currently have 13 at level 14, 3 at 13, and 4 at 12. The rest are 10 or 11. Gold. Even with a puppet regime installed at Whitehelm, Gold Reserves are always low. That is because Whitehelm provides Glory, not Gold. Stolen Honor. Is this what I have become?

I’m an Orc. I win. That’s my job, that’s what I do.

Case in point: Stupid ToD. My Hero matches Brown and Skulls simultaneously, thinking maybe if I move the Brown Gem and not the Skull, I will get credit for the barrier before I suicide vs Gloom Leaf. I know better. I’ve been playing this game long enough to know it doesn’t work that way. But it is the only move. A life for a life.

A sane person would retreat. Fight another day. We have plenty of Heroism Scrolls in inventory. Cast one, and get to 700. Retire and feast on pie, cake, and ice cream. That is the Alliance way. As I have stated, I’m an Orc. There is a Valraven present. Valraven tastes good.

“Not my Queen” Ysabelle strengthens a Green Golem several times before succumbing to Death Mark. Very well, she served her purpose. A Treant takes her place. In time, Asha and the Valraven fall, leaving only the Doom.

However, unblocked by Asha, the Doom slowly but surely saps the strength of my four remaining troops. And yet, it is Death Marks that claim the lives of Alderfather, Holy St Astra, and even the Treant pictured below.

Perhaps I should have saved other screen grabs to better document my story. No matter. In the end, all that matters is that Orcs win again. It’s what we like to do, it’s what we do best.

Life is like a bunch of Elf heads. You never know how many you got to bash. That’s all I got to say about that. For the Horde

5 Likes

I’m not that angry but RNG :rage:!!! I was doing my 300 potion-less pure faction run for Eldrazhor and it was going pretty well, until RNG decided I should just lose.

I got to final room with 3 troops, but managed to eliminate 2 of theirs before they could kill any of mine. Then their Velenne got 2 instakills, and I was left with an almost useless Rogue. They got several lucky doomskull matches, plus burn/bleeding and eventually I lost.

4 Likes

I had killed the first Pyggra and reduced the second’s attack to zero. But in the process, had also Death marked it. Sometimes that is not a good thing, especially when it activates right before Sheggra is about to cast. 300 potion-less fail.

Thank Zorn for potions.

4 Likes

Lucky skulls seems to fall more than before for the CPU in the Faction event. I cant remember it was as ugly as this. But maybe I have forgotten…

4 Likes

Insulated as a delve Trait. Because level 500 troops do not need help.
Ya trucks.

1 Like

Launch an Invasion on Khaziel and sieze their gold mines for the Horde. :wink: you can install your puppet there.

1 Like