The 3rd GoW Forum Fantasy Series - Round 1: 7 vs 10

Welcome one and all to the Gems of War Forum Fantasy contest, series 3! Everyone is welcome to vote in each match and your vote will determine who wins and advances on to the next round. Here are some guidelines to follow when deciding on who to vote.

• Vote according to your own rules. Is it a best of whatever? Is it Player vs Player or AI vs AI? You can choose, but always assume it is a fair fight.
  • Each troop and their rarity will be listed below. For exact stats, a link will be provided using @Lyya’s fantastic database application so you can see exactly what each troop can do, how strong they are, and other bonuses they may receive.
  • All troops are fully traited as well, so keep this in mind as it may not be reflected in the list.

With that, let’s get onto the matches!

First Round: #7 Bobomb vs. #10 killerman3333

User: @Bobomb

Banner: Abyssal Banner (+2 Purple Matches, +1 Red Match, -1 Yellow Match)

Troops and Position:
Golem (Rare)
Infernal King (Legendary)
Sheggra (Legendary)
Green Slime (Epic)

TEAM SUMMARY

VS

User: @killerman3333

Banner: Broken Banner (+1 Blue Match, +1 Brown Match)

Troops and Position:
Ogre (Legendary)
Stone Giant (Ultra Rare)
Ettin (Epic)
Gob-chomper (Epic)

TEAM SUMMARY

• Bobomb
  • killerman3333

0 voters

POLL ENDS: SUNDAY 6/12/16 at 12PM Central Time

LINKS
1 VS 16
2 VS 15
3 VS 14
4 VS 13
5 VS 12
6 VS 11
7 VS 10
8 VS 9

Good luck one and all!

1 Like

It is twilight over the Broken Spire. Drums beat in the distance. The land begins to shake as an army of Giantkin - Ogres, Ettins, Stone Giants and other monstrosities - troop up towards the peak of the dormant volcano. The Ettin shamans, notorious for never agreeing on anything - two heads aren’t always better than one - believe that the stars are in alignment, and that the time has come to throw off the shackles of the reptile tyrant that has rained burning, bloody terror on their people for years. The Broken Spire. Once, it was the Giant’s Spire. Before the coming of the living volcano, the lava dragon, Sheggra. Its very name a curse in the Giantkin’s tongue.

The troops have been amassing for a fortnight. The dragon has been neither seen nor heard of for months. Perhaps it is dormant, and the time to strike is indeed nigh. The drums begin to beat louder, pulsating rhythmically as the army marches up towards the lip of the crater. As they get higher, the land looks blacker, ash covering every inch of ground, every twisted, flame scarred shrub. Finally the Ogre vanguard reaches the lip. Where is the dragon?

Suddenly, from below, a ruddy glow appears. It grows brighter, more evil. It burns the eyes to stare at it, and the Ogre’s guts churn as they feel a wave of fetid heat wash over them. They briskly retreat a short distance, hoping to remain unseen. What to do? The dragon does not seem asleep.

Then, as the army hesitates, the scarred and fearsome Gob-Chompers howl : Charge! Prodded by their ferocity, the troops begin to move back to wards the lip of the crater. But ahead of them, they can feel the heat rising, scalding the front rows. Then all at once, scaled wings the color of blood and ash rise from the center of the breach. The enormous creature, however is not alone. On its back rides a being wreathed in even darker flames, and the Giants quake at the terrifying aura oozing from it. An arch-daemon! Even as the troops reel in shock, a horde of alchemical footsoldiers trod up from inside the crater. Golems. Behind them, an evil green glow fuses with the ruddy light of the dragon’s flames. The slimey green ooze shines with endless magical power, which the arch-daemon absorbs, then feeds the dragon its infernal flame, strengthening the dragon’s volcanic attack.

The Giantkin waver for a moment, before the Gob-chompers bellow once again: Charge! Crush them into dust!

The army leaps into motion, the Ogres rushing in first, slamming against the resilient golems. There is no going back.

1 Like

Reads the mountain above.

Well technically I guess I did ask for this.

1 Like

Hey, I felt in-Spired. Yuk, yuk

1 Like

That was pretty… broken.

1 Like

3 Likes

2 Likes

I would have thought given full traits my team would be the victor but i guess i can not make empowered seem sell worthy unlike when i lost to a 2 empowered team. However i do like the story, it was quite a-mei-zing. My gob-chomper in some cases can take out the great maw and if both troops are untraited i think i can crush it easily with my spell, however i am not fighting maw. I am fighting two of its foot soldiers infernal king and sheggra. Green slime is well, too much hentai to see where this is going. Ai vs ai my team is played by the ai anyway so i think i have the advantage there but if player vs player my team loses. I have more team bonuses and my banner covers my colors well. Also is that golem is a monster and susceptible to my gob-chomper.

And it’s over! Congratulations to @Bobomb and thanks to @killerman3333 for playing.

1 Like

Bobomb congrats on the victory. I will start planning for the next team to play. Thinking nim’s defence team might be good.

Thanks @killerman3333, good tussling with you. What’s nim’s defence team?

You will have to find out in the next fantasy series.