The 2nd GoW Forum Fantasy Series: The Draft

Rounds:

• We are using base rarities and the maximum level of any Troop is of it’s base rarity (Legendary = 19, Epic = 18, Ultra Rare = 17, Rare = 16, Common = 15)
  • Rounds 1-4 will be Troop picks
  • Round 5 will be Banner picks (with a different draft order than for Troops)

Draft Guidelines:

• Radical changes;
    * Each competitor will have 14 (fourteen) Points to build a Team, you can trade for more/less
    * Trades involving Points must leave between 12 and 16 Points for every competitor
    * Base rarity determines “cost” (Legendary = 5, Epic = 4, Ultra Rare = 3, Rare = 2, Common = 1, Banners = 0)
    * Your Team may be less than 12 Points, but you must maintain the minimum of 12 usable Points.

• When a Troop/Banner has been chosen, it cannot be chosen again

• All Troops will be assumed to have all 3 of it’s Traits

• Troops/Banners from Drifting Sands/Blighted Lands/Primal Imps will not be used, but ALL Troops/Banners from the other 20 Kingdoms will be available. A full list can be found (HERE).

Draft Order:
This is the order for Rounds 1 AND 3. The order is reversed for Rounds 2 & 4:

This is the order for Round 5 (Banners):

After Your Pick, please tag the next user using the @ function.

Team Names & Logos: These are being forgone this Series. However, feel free to add anything like this to your posts, encouraged to use a footer.

#DRAFT START TIME: May 4th, 9:00am Central

If for any reason you will not be able to make your pick(s) in a timely fashion, please PM me.

#The Draft Table (updated frequently)

2 Likes

Let the chaos begin! Muhahahahaha! :imp:

4 Likes

There are also 2 Trades to announce that were made before the Draft started;

@Machiknight receives;
Pick #18 of Troops
Pick #8 of Banners

@Shiratori receives;
Pick #16 of Troops
Pick #16 of Banners

@Zelfore receives;

Pick #15 of Troops
Pick #16 of Troops
Pick #47 of Troops
Pick #50 of Troops
+1 point (Total: 15)

@Shiratori receives;

Pick #1 of Troops
Pick #32 of Troops
Pick #33 of Troops
Pick #64 of Troops
-1 point (Total: 13)

1 Like

@Shiratori you are on the clock!

1 Like

Shiratori trades for first pick and isn’t even here. xD

2 Likes

I was gonna say that.

3 Likes

Goblin King and his servants have gathered around their table. There seems to be much discussion going on. A lot of homegrown troops available, will they go early at the draft? The latest scouting reports indicate not, but we’ll see what happens :wink:

4 Likes

Shortsighted on his part. I have @Studs’ pick ready to fire off once @Shiratori picks.

1 Like

How long until we auto-pick Peasant for Shiratori? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Wow I thought I would be the one slowing things up

2 Likes

Luther gazed upon the trophy I carried as he approached. “I see you have won young one, even without my assistance.” He still seemed a little annoyed that I had passed on him.

“It was fun. So much so that I entered the next one. Even get to pick first this time, with no restrictions.”

His eyes lit up a bit. “So you had me come to you here in Zaejin to welcome me to the team?”

“Of course, well, maybe. Not exactly, we’ll have to see, but I am here definitely for a pick and I thought you could help me with that.”

Luther’s eyes narrowed. “Really? We’re here to pick a Goblin first overall?”

“Well, I have a plan. Some deals cooking.”

“But Goblins? Look at them.”

Peering off at the nearby tribe, the scene was madness. Goblins and Hobgoblins were fighting with each other, both attempting to show their superiority. Meanwhile, one riding on a boar collided with another on a rocket to see just how big of an explosion they could create.

“They don’t look as strong as they use to.”

“Nonsense Luther. Look at them. No one will stand a chance. They will just keep coming without anyone being able to get an attack in. The chaos, the madness, the… wait a minute.” A raven landed on my shoulder carrying a message.

“What does it say?” Luther asked, growing a little tense over the carnage that was slowly moving closer.

“Oh. Hrm. Looks like my deal fell through and I won’t be able to grab the team in 1 shot. Looks I can only get 1 instead. Oh well, Plan B.”

The goblin tribe stopped their fighting and looked hungrily at us. Dinner was on their mind.

“Luther!”

“While I wish I weren’t ‘Plan B’ especially to a disappointed and angry goblin…”

“No, just hold my trophy here.” I pulled out a tome, modified from its original form.

“What is that?”

“Daemonomicon version 2.0.16.” Upon reading the passage, the ground exploded, blowing up the tribe and scattering them as far as Broken Spire.

Luther looked shocked. “And what was THAT?”

I calmly put the book away as a massive figure arose from the blast. “Doomstones. Worked before, might as well do it again.”

Hello Gorgotha.

@Studs is on the clock.

10 Likes

Top-notch post @Shiratori! Worth the wait :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If we add the ban system next series… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

According to his profile, @Studs hasn’t been on for a few hours, so I will make his pick for him to keep things going.

A mysterious cloaked figure is seen sneaking into the Series lodgings.

It creeps down the dimly-lit halls and stops at a door marked “@Studs” and with a wave if it’s hand, the enchanted lock on the door unlatches and the door silently opens.

The cloaked figure enters the room and glares at the sleeping silhouette before removing a pendant from it’s cloak.

It places the pendant in the boot of @Studs and retreats into the shadows.

In the distance, the inhabitants of the lodging hear the easily-recognizable screech of an approaching…

#Bone Dragon!

@killerman3333, you are on the clock!

3 Likes

Tyri has been a bad girl so i think i can reform her. @Shimrra your turn i think.

1 Like

I was waiting for a non legendary to go in the first round. Didn’t have to wait long.

Jarl Firemantle
4RB
Legendary Giant

1R, Tap: Flip three coins. Deal 4 damage to target creature or player. If two or more coins came up heads, untap Jarl Firemantle.

Is it hot in here or is it just me?!

6/6

… OK I’m done. Bonus points to those who understood anything I just said.

@yonizaf you’re up.

7 Likes

Magic the gathering reference i believe.

2 Likes

I am so classy.

1 Like

Actually Simon Phoenix playing John Spartan in Magic the Gathering.

1 Like