St. Patrick's Day Week Long Vault Event!

If the chance of cursed gnomes would be really(!) raised, i would be interesting…

It is laggy or sometimes I can’t even get in. In short, I can’t play. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Off to a great start!

Up to 17 now! Any moment now, another Gnome is going to pop out! I can feel it! Wow! Exciting!

Maybe it should be a guaranteed gnome if it takes longer than 10 seconds to load a battle :wink:

2 Likes

giphy

Just got got my SECOND GNOME! Woo

The more money this game asks for the more the servers go to shit.

This makes ZERO sense @Kafka . And the lack of urgency to seemingly buy more server space is concerning. If your company plans on continuing to support Gems of War for years to come. Then literally PROVE it by investing in the infrastructure that will allow that commitment to unfold.

I should be able to play GoW whenever I have free time. Not just when the servers allow it.

3 Likes

Did you ever got kicked out saying that Gems of War servers are down or under maintenance and therefore you cannot play at a point? I have been playing this game for ~3 years and this has never happened except a single major outage in Amazon I believe. It is actually pretty amazing how they are doing this since every other single game that I played would regularly have downtime (whether small or large) for updates, server maintenance etc.

Does the game slow down from time to time, especially when there is high user demand? Yes. Could they potentially do better (pre-estimating the load etc.)? Maybe. Is the game inaccessible because of this? No, not at all, at least not the game that I am playing.

3 Likes

Told ya so matey…

@Kafka Thanks for the full week vault event and daily color and Imperial deeds.
Gnome rate was low at the beginning of the first day and also game is very slow from time to time.
But overall I am happy =)

4 Likes

You’ve stated before on here that you have 24 hour access to the game. So much time that you can do thousands of trophies a week on multiple accounts.

So I completely understand your take on how the servers not being optimal 24 hours a day isn’t a big to YOU.
Meanwhile a majority of the player base only has 20 minutes to a couple hours a day to play. And we don’t enjoy the load times being longer than the match themselves.

I wish I could praise the devs more for the things they do get right. But clearly they are cheapening out on the servers. This game has less than 10,000 players who play daily. If 1 hour maintenance a week or even a day is necessary to remove the lag then sign me up.

You’ll still be able to play 16 hours a day dude. Just sleep during the maintenance time. It’ll be okay. I promise.

3 Likes

I never mentioned about multiple accounts, so be careful on where you are going there. Also, believe I do sleep and how and how much I play is none of your business.

But you are not part of this majority, right? Looking at your activity and the guild family you lead, without hard proof, I would say that you are also in the similar / same minority as I am. So, are you the voice of other players that suffer but actually don’t complain? Or more realistically, are you experiencing these lags much more because you are also much more active and notice them much more and therefore complaining for yourself?

I would be really interested where you are getting your data, especially 10K players who play daily.

Or what exactly?
You posted some table with data from 3 different accounts. Were they not your accounts? Because your data appeared to be first hand.

1 Like

Feedback + experience. I’ve been on both sides of the coin. I used to have more than enough free time to play GoW and now have extremely less time. And the servers have only gotten worse the more passes they sell. Which indicates the money generated is going to PQ3 and not GoW.

2 Likes

It’s not difficult to see the amount of steam and android players. Then use logic to fill out the rest of the data.

Vault events = lagfest. I used to look forward to vault weekends when they were newish, now i cant stand playing Gems when 1 is running.

2 Likes

I said multiple times that it is combined data of three people, myself and two friends.

2 Likes

Why are they not coming here themselves posting their datas? Something looks so odd with this, to be brutally honest with you, while at the same time I appreciate the datas. Strange…

1 Like

Normally I would not entertain such questions, but let me make an exception: they are not sharing the data because they don’t care. They don’t know about the forum, they don’t know or care about the other players. They play the game because they play with me and that’s good enough for them. They are gathering stats because I asked them and because we made it a fun game among us.

This is the problem. You appreciate the data yet you feel that something is fishy. If I keep getting these comments, I will simply stop posting my friends’ data. I mean, why would I? What do I gain? Even further, I will also not share my data. There are plenty others sharing it and there is nothing fishy with them, so I am sure everything will be fine.

13 Likes

Without a trading system I don’t see any benefit of running multiple accounts. I do believe some people don’t bother with the forum at all. I always appreciate when other people share their data points as I am too lazy to keep track myself.

2 Likes