[SPOILERS] NEW Kingdom (~01.20.2017)

That’s true I suppose. Maybe it will be more beneficial to players at lower levels who have longer battles? I’ll need to time my battles and see how long they go. An average of 7 does sound about right though.

Worth noting that you can always add mana to an enchanted troop normally through gem matches, so assuming you can match 3 each turn of their colour, then they’d be getting 5 mana a turn, plus any banner bonuses. I agree that it’s effect is heavily reduced with loop teams.

1 Like

If the effect was “enchanted troop gains 1 extra mana whenever it gains mana” it would be significantly more useful. Even on a 24 mana troop it would only give at most 6 (match 3, with no banner, and no surge would give 4 each, so 6 of them) meaning it wouldn’t give more than the current form. In more normal forms, on say an empty 16 mana troop, you’d likely fill in 3 matches instead of 4.

1 Like

The way I read it, that would defeat the purpose. The whole point of Enchanted seems to be protection against bad luck streaks, when you’re trying to fill a certain color of mana but it’s just not on the board. An Enchanted unit is guaranteed to get its ability up in at least (Remaining Cost/2) turns, and then potentially sooner than that if you get appropriate matches.

Granting extra mana on mana gain would essentially make it “Everything Link” instead, and that’s entirely different.

5 Likes

Agreed, and I would love to see “Prismatic Link” as a legendary or mythic trait. Unfortunately, they might just have to name the troop with that trait “The New Meta” because that’s what it would likely become.

its not weird if you consider we have spells and traits that lower magic, so extra magic prevents from instantly rendering the unit unable to summon a fully leveled unit with its first magic decrease event

1 Like

Also not weird when you consider the kingdom isn’t finally until it releases :wink:

7 Likes

I imagine there must be occasional temptations to put very wrong data into the game files (1 life at level 20, or 45 magic, or traits that are clearly bonkers) just to mess with the users who peek at this stuff ahead of time.

1 Like

I’m waiting for a troop named Maid Yalook or Toby Determined to show up sometime in the unreleased data.

20 Likes

Or a Goat from Blackhawk called Goat Yar.

4 Likes

I think they did this with Khorvash and forgot to change it back…

1 Like

and bone dragon

Nah, Bone Dragon was before we started data-mining stuff. That’s not an excuse that can be thrown around :stuck_out_tongue:

And Bone Dragon was fine when first released… just is not fine now…

2 Likes

if this game turned out of a sudden into steampunk

Too late. This game has guns and rockets and steam-based mechs.

Snipe doesn’t even remotely look like fantasy, it just looks like the cold war.

This game does have waaayyy too many dragons, though. I’ve read fantasy and played fantasy RPG’s my whole life…dragons are actually pretty rare. They’re also cliched as heck. [Not as cliche as armor bikinis, though.]

I’ve always believed that Dungeons & Dragons is horribly misnamed (or misleading). It should be called Dungeons and Goblinoids or Dungeons & Undead.

Well…considering they’re not real, and subject to the specific fantasy setting they’re in, how can you make any claim to their comparative rarity? In Krystara, perhaps Dragons are as common as fleas on a stray.

That being said, there is certainly a risk of oversaturation.

6 Likes

this is still more fantasy then steampunk :slight_smile:
to me the musketeer is within the norm, like some of the spargrinder inventions

the thing why me and many ppl prefer them not become too common is they suppose to be the awesome thing, if something is common as fleas/ants it stops becoming so awesome

Well…considering they’re not real, and subject to the specific fantasy setting they’re in, how can you make any claim to their comparative rarity?<

To clarify, I didn’t mean they are rare in canon (although that’s probably true for everything except stuff like Pern), I mean the protagonists in the fantasy genre aren’t going to be running into dragons every other encounter [unlike GoW].
Dragon encounters/appearances will be rare.

How often protagonists meet dragons is objectively measurable.
‘Rare’ is certainly subjective, but I’m just using conversational English, I’m not trying to be scientific.

I understand your point, I’m just saying that there’s no reason aside from projection (transporting another fantasy world into Krystara) to assume dragons are actually “rare” here.

The more fundamental problem (if you wish to call it a problem) is that Legendaries and Mythics are more common than Commons at endgame. What you say about “not encountering a dragon every other fight” also holds true for Daemon kings, Old Gods, the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, etc.

Personally it doesn’t really bother me, though.

7 Likes

There is too much dragons: 22 different Dragon for only 6 Tauros and 7 Wargare. It should be the opposite.

Something is strange when it’s not usual compared to the main references (here fantasy so Tolkien’s books, Dungeon & Dragons, mythologies).
Just imagine devs add 10 other Horsemen of the Apocalypse. It sounds strange, no?
When I said “WTF a female dwarf with a beard”, people answered “it’s like that in Tolkien’s books, deal with it”.

4 Likes