(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

An exploder and a gem spawner on top of the other random effects. This could be … hazardous.

That being said, there’s only a small pool of positive status effects, so something that gives them to you could easily be very effective. Barriers and submerges… I mean, in a mirror match there’s two sources of direct damage and one is AOE, so submerge would be amazing.

I can imagine it being down to the Epic troop and it would be almost impossible to kill. Of course that is also a problem for the enemy being in that position.

We’ll have a better idea when we know what traits they all have. Looking at HoG without the traits doesn’t really prepare us for what that faction is lol. There could be charm immunity for all we know.

1 Like

I don’t understand, why are you treating Guild Wars as the middle child? I get that you want to add new game modes, but why does it have to be at the expense of GW?
I know a lot of players complain about it, but that’s because they have nothing to play for. Everyone in the top brackets, where the real competition is, enjoys GW, and we are all very upset that it’s being ever more neglected. Especially since all we get in return are those repetitive gem-sinking game modes, that offer little beyond a mind-numbing grind.
Isn’t there a way to hold on to GW, which is the favorite game mode for many veteran players in high ranking guilds, and add new stuff on top of that? Why not try to keep everyone happy, shouldn’t that be the point of making changes to the game?

1 Like

Reading your comment, I don’t fully agree with a lot of things you said, but it did make me realize the strategy of this faction.

Pray for barrier casts and pray you do stuff until you win. Great…

Submerge only really works if you never use that troop again and this team is most likely too inconsistent to reapply it fast enough after casting a spell. Also, at Delve 500, any enemy will be hitting for 130+ damage. Anything that does damage is threatening at that point; the explode troop will make sure of that. So really, the enemy Epic could probably solo your entire team depending on your luck.

Barring some amazing traits, this might be my farming faction in the future. The more I read this, the less I like it. Usually, I should be liking it more…

Rule of thumb of for faction vs faction: Anything that helps you, helps them more.

2 Likes

True, generally.

Absolutely not. I’m in a top guild and I love the hell out of GW. The same is not true for everyone in my guild. They’ll come knocking now that you’ve said this ridiculous thing.

1 Like

Are you saying you have ppl in your guild that prefer dumping 1000 gems in raids/invasions to winning 1000 gems in GW? It sounds weird to me, but I’ll take your word for it/

Yeah that statement was ridiculous, but the GW haters don’t need ridiculous statements to come around, just look a bit up, just mentioning GW suffices. ^^

Anyway i stated it before, i passionately hate Raid/Invasion for their boring setups and restrictions making for dull synergyfree strategyfree fights, but even i know it is liked by several players, and should not be taken away/reduced for that reason!
I’d still campaign for changes to R/I to give it more creative and interesting teambuilding aspects or at least some kind of alternative for players to contribute event points by other means.

Ok guys, look, I already narrowed down the players enjoying GW to the top guild in top brackets. Reducing their number further to “some of the top guild players” didn’t feel rhetorically sufficient… however more accurate it may be :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for popping by to represent the game’s ‘top’ 300 or so players. Clearly the devs need to take such views, where competition actually matters, more seriously than the rest of the 50,000 active player plebs. The 49,700+ players who might not find GW such a rewarding and important task (and just pay for the game to exist) shouldn’t be considered.

NB: it’s more than 50,000 really. I’ve played c 200 pvp matches this week and am rank 52,863 right now. Couldn’t say how many players are playing 100 pvp matches or more and not scraping it into the top 52,000. But as they probably aren’t in a guild that matters, forget them…

5 Likes

Frankly whether we like modes more or not, and how we argue here, bears little. The devs will grow whatever the data shows makes more money.

8 Likes

So you’re saying the game shouldn’t be more than a shameless cash grab leeching every single nickle from players willing to pay? Got it glad to have that cleared up :ok_hand:

That’s the reality, not the expectation. We’d all prefer it to be otherwise, obviously.

(By the way we’re seriously off topic now)

The usual is that we end up putting a small amount of gems into the raids, invasions, etc. I do tier 3 (which is inexpensive) and end up in the top half of the guild scoreboard. That sort of thing. Maybe a few will go to tier 7. Depends on if the new troops and/or the troop pool for the event in question is any good, or more importantly if they’re fun to use - in the opinion of those players.

2 Likes

Btw, I never said I want other modes removed, I just don’t want to see GW shoveled off, so I don’t see why would you have a reason to hate on me.
Right now GoW has: PvP, delves, raids/invasions, faction events, class events, pet rescues, dungeons, arena, treasure hunt, bounties… and guild wars. I might have forgotten sth. There’s a lot of game modes, but for some reason, GW is the only one getting pushed back, and I just don’t think it’s fair.
Players, who don’t like GW have plenty of other stuff to do, so why complain about GW existing? On the other hand, if you’re like me and you get the most enjoyment out of GW, you’re gonna be able to fully enjoy the game only 1 in 4 weeks, which makes for a compelling argument to quit it entirely.

It isn’t though unless i am mistaken. If a 4th weekly mode gets introduced, that pushes back all existing modes not just GW.
The way i see it, if this new mode is actually like delves with the 2 colour restrictions, enemies not being immune to status effects, then the weekly modes i enjoy may actually go from 1/3 to 1/2 of the time.
Granted we don’t know yet how the new mode will be exactly, but i will remain in positive anticipation for a change.

3 Likes

GW was already pushed back from every week to 1/3 week, and is the only mode that suffered that so far.

Yes that’s a given and i have complained about that on several occasions, but this is where we are at now. This discussion is about the new mode being introduced and it does not exclusively push back GW.

Forgive me for not being ok with it being just collateral damage. Why not make treasure hunt collateral dmg? Ppl love it so much everybody has 3k maps lying around.

1 Like

That’s not what i was saying and i see this exchange has run its course now.

GW tends to bleed into your other activities more than the other modes. Setting competitive defenses usually involves your hero in some way, on a specific class. You can’t switch to a different class throughout the whole week, even for a short duration, because doing so would mess up your defense teams.

I actually enjoy GW, I’d enjoy it a lot more if it didn’t force me into playing everything else with a hero class I currently don’t want to use. It’s not like I’m lacking classes I still need to level, seeing so much champion xp go to waste feels annoying.

1 Like

Sorry if I seemed rude to you mate, I didn’t really mean it that way.

You know, I actually agree with you on that, leveling classes does slow down for me on GW weeks as well. But you know the obvious solution to that, right? Free class change. Yeah, dream on, I know :roll_eyes: