(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I seem to recall that Princess Fizzbang actually lasted until alcohol levels from karaoke night were back to normal. :thinking:

4 Likes

I really hope they don’t waste his unique trait on that. Aside from this trait having proven to be problematic in the past for other types, i think it won’t prove to be all that amazing for the mostly cheap spellcosts of Goblins and it is unoriginal and boring too.
I mean i would certainly prefer this over an aweful weak trait, but i’d rather have a good well thought out and effective trait of another kind for him.

2 Likes

I’d really hope they do something tricky, fun, and unique with the Goblin Mythic. I’d been plugging for a doppleganger/spell-thief idea for some time which could work pretty well thematically. I don’t really have a horse in the race anymore, so I don’t mind whatever it will be, I just like novel mythics/effects.

3 Likes

Salty has said quite a few times that a new schedule for events was coming soon, but as of yet, hasn’t disclosed what that schedule is…

Looking at the event calendar, through the end of October, there isn’t any combination of events that equate to a complete cycle without extending into November. Perhaps, the dual GW weeks in October is an anomaly between GW occuring on the old schedule and GW occurring on the new schedule as a one-time event.

Given that we are due for an update on the release schedule, perhaps Salty wants to get out in front of this on the Monday stream?

Look at the spoiler information posted above. Sounds like from wherever this information came from, that this mechanic seems to take the form of a weapon. Note the line that says Defeat the Doom to claim this Forge Scroll and climb the Tower. Use it to power up this Tower’s Doomed Weapon! Sounds like a similar mechanic to using ingots to power up existing weapons? :thinking:

1 Like

@TheIdleOne it won’t be replacing the second Guild Wars, so enjoy it! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

So after that we will have gw only every 4 weeks?

That is correct.

5 Likes

That’s unfortunate. I really enjoy guild wars.

4 Likes

Thanks for confirming. Can I push my luck and ask about the weekend events? Will they also be once each every 4 weeks?

It should be. From the tea leaves posted in this thread, it looks like the game is moving to a standardized four week rotation for all events in the game, with 13 rotations in a 52 week year.

If we assume that after this week’s Guild Wars ends, the new schedule rotation starts, the rotation would be:

Week 1: Raid Boss + New Faction Weekend
Week 2: Guild Wars + Bounty Weekend
Week 3: Invasion + New Class Weekend
Week 4: New 4.1 Event + Vault Weekend

Four types of weekly events + four types of weekend events equals a “monthly” schedule going forward. The only real question is whether this rotation is generally locked in stone, or if the weekend events can be rotated around at the devs’ discretion. Gut feeling says it’s fixed, as bounties, classes, and factions are known to be once a month occurrences.

So, looks like the future schedule is pretty much locked in stone to me.

11 Likes

So, looks like the future schedule is pretty much locked in stone to me.
[/quote]

Lyrian meets a basilisk.
Basilisk looks at Lyrian.
Now Lyrian is locked in stone.

@lyrian with the goods, as always! :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

I this case (only four weeks GW) I hope there will also be a huge(!) redesign of the existing other guild events.
High Levels need a challenge (without P2W) besides overpowered AI enemies…

5 Likes

Disagree with your last sentence… some high levels actually enjoy the Raid and Invasion modes rather than GW which is just a distorted and more frustrating pvp mode… also many players don’t want a ‘challenge’ but rather a varied and fun way to keep collecting and growing stuff…

We should also note that ‘high levels’ are a minority of the overall player base and the devs must mostly cater for the enjoyment of the player sets that bring the most IAP income…

3 Likes

Ok, not to make this too big here - my perspective: I am a day one Guild-Leader of one of the top guilds on PS4, we have a sister guild and i am in contact with other guild leaders. So i am not talking about my personal short-term opinion. I never really saw anyone who had great fun with invasion or boss raid after some loops.

I am with you about variety and fun, but to be honest – there is not much left of exactly this by Boss Raid or Invasion. Both are twins and also don’t have enough variety to motivate two whole weeks, again and again and again…

We had a 1:2 ratio of guild events guilds:AI Modes and the discrepancy seems now to go up to 1:3 with 4.1. Guild rankings there are a small hope of more motivation, but I fear a pay2win influence may ruin it immediately.

If GW (or PVP) is frustrating you this is also just in the hand of the devs!

Because of this I hoped 4.1 will be a more housekeeping update (the house is big enough yet – time to clean the trash!), lets look what it really gives us.…

2 Likes

I’m certainly one of those at level 1300+. Invasions and raids gives a chance to use troops and combos you normally wouldn’t consider and certainly adds to the challenge of the modes :+1:

2 Likes

I agree that an update dedicated to fixing bugs, balance changes, other housekeeping stuff… would probably be the best thing for the game… rather than more gem-grabbing new content… but sadly the game is also a business…

Okay, more update just show up, so we know the spells of this 4 Faction troops now!

Troops (No info on mana color and traits yet)

• Trickster (Rare) - Trick Shot
    Explode Green Gems.

• Bunnicorn (Ultra-Rare) - Cute Impalement
    Create 7 Yellow Gems. Charm a random enemy.

• Lapina Knight (Epic) - Clever Strike
    Deal damage to an enemy. Grant all allies a random status effect.

• Luna (Legendary) - Trickster Moon
    Deal damage to all enemies. Either: Inflict 1-2 status effects on all enemies. OR Grant 1-2 status effects to all allies.

Arts of 2 troops are possibly already available.
  • Lapina Knight’s art is probably Nimhain’s current avatar.
  • Trickster’s art is probably on Saltypetra’s PAXAUS post.

Also,

My personal opinion about it.

Damnit, more random effect! T^T

I don’t like this Faction team’s synergy at all. Charm could be great, but it will just all fall on Legendary troop to win again, just like Crypt Keeper. So we will get another ineffective pet that we don’t get any benefit from it.

Charm is less efficient as a scale here, as you have no control as to who gets hit and as soon as 2 of the troops die with a gap, it becomes useless.

Since there is no other scaling moves here, you’d have to hope they’re weak enough to spell cast them to death, which I’m not betting highly on…

The sad thing is this faction probably works in the PvP environment. I’m just not comfortable with it in a Faction 500 Delve match. Maybe if it could have a more consistent way to get Death Marks going, then I’d like it more. (which in itself isn’t consistent either lol).

2 Likes

I’d be okay if it was once every year… I love every part of the game but guild wars is just not fun for me.

2 Likes