(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

It’s like trying to pronounce 37rd.

1 Like

As foretold…

Ok, so his mythical trait has 100% chance to ignore armor… At first some people could be “WOW!” but let me stop you right there my friend: Ignoring armor is not the same as ignoring Damage Reduction… So yeah…

Now for the spell: Ok, it creates some gems he doesn’t use and turns said gems into Doomskulls. All right, paired with the Doomstorm trait we get a bit of traction for skull strategies, but honestly… Why Deathmark? Why Bleeding? I won’t even discuss that it’s randomly placed but why these effects out of everything else? If it was Stun instead of Deathmark THEN he could ignore Damage Reduction from many troops making him a LITTLE more viable in his own role.

Now the colors: I don’t think Blue fits him, I would put Purple. And 24 manas for that spell is TOO MUCH this troop is supposed to be on the first slot! It blocks half the manas of all the other troops.

And speaking of being in the front: Why not give him Stoneskin for 50% skull reduction? He is a Mythic troop, and Thick Head wouldn’t be much to ask too I think, he is supposedly a construct, his body could have metal melded into it.

And to add insult to the injury: The “art”…

Thanks @Sirrian, I hate it.

2 Likes

I still want him though! :joy:

(and maybe he’ll be buffed before release! :crossed_fingers:)

1 Like

I think the (random) Bleed and Death Marks are mostly thematic, to go along with the spell name (Flail of Doom).

I don’t mind him too much, although Stone tree heroes would be annoying (Impact and Fortitude). I could see his colours being either what they are, or with the purple, as you said.

2 Likes

They could make a whole rework with the spell and traits because this game still have plenty of mechanics not explored yet. And at least the Mythics should have some new and interesting ones.

A skull based Mythic could have a trait to give some mana to all allies when matching skulls for example. It would be a little above Monk’s trait, but considering that the class trait works for any gems(skulls included) and this idea of mine would work only on skulls and doomskulls it seems pretty balanced. It would be interesting in different compositions if you keep the troop with said trait in the front or the back. Imagine it as rage fueled power.

This kind of trait could fit on the next Khertar Mythic too, in this case it would be more about bones and death magic. But well, all of this only matters IF the devs bother creating something new and thematic…

But why would they bother right? They can’t even bother checking the “art” they are paying for… Maybe the artists who worked on some kingdoms, and some factions, simply moved to greener pastures and only sometimes they will offer GoW what wasn’t selected/sold to other companies/teams.

4 Likes

Building on your ideas, and I guess having used Ironjaw recently, they could make a Troop that removes skulls and gives mana to all allied Troops for each skull, or +magic, maybe. A conditional extra turn if you want it to be meta.

2 Likes

Oh boy:

fun time is over, next faction looks (too) hard at first glance.

1. Fell Dragon
    Base Rarity: Epic
    Troop Type: Daemon, Dragon

Toxic Flame
Deal [Magic + 5] damage to an Enemy, boosted by Burning and Diseased Enemies. [6x]

Mana Color: Yellow, Purple
Mana Cost: 12

Trait #1: Deep Magic
Gain 5 Magic when attacking Delves.

Trait #2: Magic Spirit
Gain 1 Magic for each Purple ally.

Trait #3: Magic Link
Gain bonus Purple Mana from Purple Gem matches.

1. Fell Dragon Egg
    Base Rarity: Ultra-Rare

Dark Spawn
Disease a random Enemy. Transform into a Fell Roost Troop.

Mana Color: Red, Yellow
Mana Cost: 11

Trait #1: Deep Shield
Gain 9 Armor when attacking Delves.

Trait #2: Dragon Shield
Allied Dragons gain 2 Armor.

Trait #3: Aflame
Burn enemies when doing Skull damage.

1. Undead Drake
    Base Rarity: Rare
    Troop Type: Undead, Dragon (the only non-daemon)

Grave Breath
Explode 4 Gems, and conjure a Bonestorm.

Mana Color: Blue, Yellow
Mana Cost: 9

Trait #1: Deep Strength
Gain 7 Attack when attacking Delves.

Trait #2: Undying
Immune to Poison, Disease, and Death Mark.

Trait #3: Plague Touch
Inflict Disease when doing Skull damage.

1. Nocturnia
    Base Rarity: Legendary

Breath of Darkness
Deal [Magic + 3] true heavy splash damage to an Enemy. Burn and Disease all affected Enemies. There’s a 20% chance to summon a Fell Dragon Egg.

Mana Color: Purple, Brown
Mana Cost: 16

Trait #1: Deep Magic
Gain 5 Magic when attacking Delves.

Trait #2: Arcane
Gain 1 Magic when an ally casts a spell.

Trait #3: Hidden Nest
50% chance to spawn a Fell Dragon Egg with full Mana on death.

Few notes:

1. No skull reduction of any kind.
  2. Only mana generation also creates a bonestorm. See Number 1.
  3. You’d never use Fell Dragon since it only hits one target, unless you really like Magic Link (nope)
  4. The only other damage source is Nocturia, who does heavy splash damage with no scaling damage. The opponent will hit harder than you.
  5. Undead Drake may be ultra risky to use due to the Bonestorm. I really wish it was a Purple Storm.
  6. The Egg is a Gimmick troop.
  7. Nocturia’s 3rd trait is an illusion of help. What’ll happen is your Nocturia won’t spawn an egg or the egg will be useless and the opponent’s egg will respawn… Undead Drake to skull spam you.

What’s the team here, 4 Nocturia? Egg first slot to pretend to be a tank, then 3 Nocturia? Egg, Undead Drake, and 2 Nocturia and risk the skull spam?

With this being a 4 room faction … ugh…

Edit 1: re-read the Legendary. It does True Heavy Splash Damage. In the pure faction run, their Legendary is going to hurt. just ouch. You’re going to have focus it down fast.

9 Likes

skellythinking

1 Like

Pet Spoiler says next delve goes to blighted lands.

2 Likes

One of the worst rooms to face in a high level delve is the 2 baby dragon, dragon egg and TDS room.
So they decided to make a Faction team based off of it.
Disgusting.
I guess the gem offer shops no longer exist for a month since every gem has to be saved to go well above tier 7, 10 times for this ill conceived faction.

1 Like

Dragon Hatchery isn’t actually that bad, all you have to do is deny red and the Baby Dragons don’t fire blast you. Deny yellow some. If they charge TDS, big deal 20 damage.

The version with Venbarak is a bit more intimidating.

… but yeah Fell Roost looks like zero fun.

7 Likes

We went from a couple factions with good team setups to a faction that is a mixup of other faction downsides. Legendary does true dplash like the deep sea king, epic is a bad single target damage dealer, the rare is a skull spammer but without a summon, and finally the ultra rare is a worse dragon egg and a somehow worse wildwood copy.

At least the last couple were fun?

6 Likes

3xFell Dragon Nocturnia. Maybe even 4xnocturnia

the lack of skull mitigation sucks, however. delves LOVE magical skull drops.

With t7x10 potions, nocturniax4 team will basically kill everything in any room. Without potions, this is horrible :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As long as the opponents don’t transform. Maybe sure.
I’m seeing 40 true damage without potions and 20 to each side of the target when she casts.
With potions that’s 110 target damage. So for the defense the target will still need to be hit 3 times.
Then if it transforms then it resets.
Transforms should be treated the same whether I’m targeting a troop or if it’s targeting its self. Half the level that it originally was. Otherwise remove those troops from the delves completely. Because a level 500 troop being able to get back all the armor and life is bull shit.
At least with summons there has to be space for the troop.
Transforms at level 500 are OP.
With the old transform room you could get lucky and not have to go through it with a pure faction team. But this one is required.

And yes I know Wild Court had transform gimmicks as well. That one sucked as well, but made doable by the amount of skull damage that could be done.

I get that that designers the designers want to make Faction troops interesting.
But unfortunately, they limited themselves by the way they designed Factions to work.

So instead of making sure the car looks pretty and has the best rims. Work on the engine to keep it running. Work on the suspension to make it an enjoyable ride. And listen to your passengers that don’t mean to hurt your feelings when they say your car sucks. They want the car to just be better but trust that you the car person can make it better if given the honest feedback required to make it suck less.

Last 2 new Factions = :+1:
This upcoming Faction = :-1:

5 Likes

To be fair, if we got 2 good updates, for every bad update - this game would be in far better condition. So delves are doing better than anything else :wink:

2 Likes

This is exactly why I don’t spend 1000s of gems on factions - they do not deserve to be fed gems for making futile factions, it’s that simple from me. Now if they make some changes, and make it more appealing/fun, not completely reliant on, well, without it being so blatantly designed to cost more gems than reasonable, then all credit to them…

2 Likes

The design team made some really awesome kickass weapons for the delves. Guardian Crown, Jar of Eyes, Writhing Staff, and Life & Death as some examples. There are other interesting weapons that see less play: Staff of Insanity, The Eighth Sin, Wild Hunter, Tomes of Spore for example.

We’ve hit the bottom of the barrel.

Fell Ward
Gain [Magic + 1] Armor boosted by Burning and Diseased Enemies. Then Burn all Enemies, OR Disease all Enemies.
Yellow, Purple: 14 mana

:expressionless:

I’ll just go get my Fiend Fire or Shield of Urskaya and pretend this doesn’t exist.

If memory serves me right. That was basically one of the Scythe options.
So the fan favorite gets an Epic weapon.
And the second or third pick gets a Legendary weapon.
Making the whole “contest” basically pointless. :person_facepalming:

4 Likes

Here you go.

1 Like

I guess different enough. Thanks. :+1:

(We still need a better yellow weapon exploder).

More than we need another weapon that summons All Seeing Eyes troops. :roll_eyes:

1 Like