(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Total agreement there!

1 Like

New leaked strings, hinting further at what Elite Passes might be:

Summary
  • Campaign
  • Campaign Pass
  • Free Pass
  • You own the Elite Pass
  • Complete tasks to earn Stars for the Campaign Pass.
  • Upgrade to Elite Pass
  • Upgrade to an Elite Pass to earn more rewards during the Campaign.
  • Artifact
  • Artifacts gain a level for every 10 Stars earned.
  • %1 Stars
  • Complete this Task?
  • Would you like to complete this Task for %1 Gems?
  • %1 Tasks Completed
  • During this Campaign only.
  • A new Campaign is coming soon!
  • The next one will begin in:
  • %1d, %2h, %3m
  • Chapter %1: %2
  • Chapters Completed: %1

My original theory of a seasonal battle pass seems increasingly likely.

Complete tasks for stars to earn rewards, or skip them with Gems. Purchase the Elite Pass (not clear if that’s with Gems) to earn greater rewards.

Artifacts and Chapters are new, no info on what those might be.

4 Likes

Very curious what this will be. It could be something like our old daily tasks, something entirely new, or something mundane as win 100 battles per tier… chapters?

I think the most important part is the reward track, not because I want more stuff, but because if the rewards are boring/lowballed, people will just ignore the pass.

And if the rewards aren’t small (or available for a budget-able amount of gems), then cue the cries of “Pay to Win”…

3 Likes

Elite Pass? Campaign Pass? Artifacts?
What did I miss?

nothing… yet

Unrelated Edit: they pushed the Lord of Slaughter back one month. June’s mythic is now Sycorax with no details on tarans

1 Like

Sycorax
Troop Role: Generator
Sea of Magic
Double a chosen Color Gem on the Board, then create 3 more Gems of that color. Give [Magic + 1] Life to all Allies of that Color. [1:1]

Mana Color: Blue, Green, Brown
Mana Cost: 25

Trait #1: Troll Regeneration
Recover 3 Life at the start of each turn.

Trait #2: Impervious
Immune to all Status Effects, Devour, and Mana Burn.

Trait #3: Troll Blood
All Elemental Allies gain 1 Attack and Armor at the start of my turn.

A Mythic Troll… but is an Elemental, Mystic instead of an Elemental, Giant. Huh. I don’t think I agree, but I can keep an open mind.

The spell is cool. Very loop friendly for human players and bad for the AI. Looping life gain is neat.

Mana Cost is fair for this effect. The colors are very loop friendly… (Mountain Crusher/Gobtruffle etc)

I think the only thing I don’t like is the 3rd trait. Its really boring for such a neat troop. All Elemental Allies gain 1 Attack and Armor at the start of my turn.

I get that it can’t be an effect on 4/5 match… but 1 attack and 1 armor per turn? Trolls in Gems of War have been about Life. In comparison Abynissia gains 2 attack and 2 life at the start of each turn and still never gets used for its 3rd trait.

I think this troop would have been a good choice for All Green Allies gain 1 to all stats at the start of each turn? Or if its really that important to buff other Trolls, then I don’t know… just something more interesting than 1 atk1/ armor? If they care about Troll synergy, then they should change Sycorax to be Elemental/Giant.

5 Likes

The worst part is the storm lvl 100 talent that gives all elemrntals 1 magic on any ally cast.

That third trait really is low powered.

3 Likes

Beacause of the trait i think i would still prefer auroras spell, if she fits.

1 Like

I’d say that’s a pretty good reason to buff the 3rd trait.

I’m still leaning towards Sycorax because Impervious and/or not being sol if frozen, but it might be forced to cast on unfavorable colors depending on the board too or holding the spell indefinitely.

This might be intentional to prevent Titan Sycorax synergy.

Okay, now that Taran has officially released the tool to the public, I’d like to link it here.

Taran’s World now includes a tool which displays any changes made to the game’s localization files. This is what I used to retrieve the spoilers displaying the information about the Elite Pass and Artifacts discussed earlier.

Please make sure to check this regularly for any juicy tidbits that may appear.

4 Likes

“artifacts” ? a new item type?

This Sycorax looks like something from “Monster Princess” by Hayao Miyazaki.

2 Likes

Artifact is currently a type of hero weapon… so keep an eye on those weapons for changes

No more (new) heroes = no event next weekend?
(Pet @Saturday is an anti-event)

Yeah, but it’s the only way to get old pets that you missed. I’m always happy to give up a day of grinding through scaling content to get something that’s otherwise unobtainable.

That said, there are about a billion ways to improve pet days, so they definitely need to be reworked.

1 Like

pet event should be every gnome found on that day gets you the “event pet” summon. if you find 12 gnomes that day as a guild you get the pet 12 times. people would flood PvP in order to level up the event pets that are otherwise unobtainable. Instead people mostly avoid PvP because the only reason to go there is to summon pets which is impossible during this event now.

5 Likes

The Basilisk troop coming out on Monday June 1st is bonkers.

Base Magic Poisoned Stunned True Damage
7 No No 18
7 Yes No 25
7 No Yes 25
7 Yes Yes 32

Let’s bump that up though with Kingdoms, Renown, Guild bonuses, medals, team bonuses, etc.:

Base Magic Poisoned Stunned True Damage
60 No No 124
60 Yes No 184
60 No Yes 184
60 Yes Yes 244

4 Likes

Which is exactly why it’s the same colors as EK.
Sounds like it will be useful for players against 240 enemy AI life that are missing certain mythics. The troop will still require certain mythics to be the most effective.
Therefore it doesn’t need to be nerfed.
It just looks really good compared to the usual shit show of releases.

Keep in mind this has existed for years from a common based troop.

Personally, I don’t see myself using it outside of niche events possibly. Most single target casts are too slow for builds.