(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Probably not deathmark. Probably more like randomly making your enemies wear Wraith costumes or buffing your team’s magic.

2 Likes

It would be good if he could disguise other three troops…

1 Like

hmm i would find interesting aoe cumulative dmg + putting death mark on one random enemy, maybe a classic but still nice :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That sounds sweet :slight_smile:

@SirCookie is correct.

I guess buffing part is correct?

I think either split damage or aoe damage, considering all the other imps. Also buffing its magic when matching purple if it is the purple imp. However this is my best guess about the pumpking imp

Trick or Treat Deal {1} damage randomly split among enemies, and either: Transform a random enemy into a level 12 Wraith OR All allies gain 2 Magic is whats in the files wether thats what gets released or not is still to be seen :sunglasses:

Probably depends on whether they can get the mechanic working properly by then.

Wouldn’t it suck to have an enemy near death, just to suddenly have them transform into a full health Wraith? It’d be like whenever an Ancient Horror suddenly appears in Explore mode. Not troublesome, but rather inconvenient.

Either way, I love the idea. Very fitting thematically.

1 Like

Transform an enemy? Wow that was not expected :open_mouth:

They should do a trickster event week. Where event keys contain all 6 imps and no other legendary troops and instead of non-legend troops it drops traitstones of equal rarity.

3 Likes

i hate wraith, and transforming enemy is a nightmare QQ
man its like the imp tricks you :sob:

1 Like

There’s been a small adjustment to the upcoming Common troop.

Penitent’s spell cost has gone up (was 7, is now 8). Damage to self has gone up (was 5, is now 7).

PENITENT
Common Whitehelm Human
Flagellate (8 Blue)
Place Death Mark on the first and last enemies. Take 7 damage.
(Cursed, Human Bond, Doom)
MAX Attack:14 Life:34 Armor:4 Magic:0
Only the penitent man will pass.

Spell cost change was probably a smart move.
So now they probably kill themselves in 2-3 casts instead of 3-4, at least in the Arena.

I still don’t find Death Mark very troublesome, put I can imagine a few Arena ragequitters coming out of this.
I’ve always liked the idea of easier-to-get troops introducing players to status effects and their mechanics.

Penitent won’t be in Arena straight away. Like Bombot we want to monitor him before we release him into the Arena.

2 Likes

people still play arena? :confused:

Mmmm not sure how monitoring him outside arena helps judge how he’ll go down inside arena… But you devs are way wiser than me… :slight_smile:

Hey @Lyya, any info on next week? I’m trying to plan my glory use.

1 Like

As far as Glory goes, next week appears to have a yellow Common, a red/brown Ultra-Rare, and a blue/green Legendary (which likely won’t be in Glory rewards). There’s also the previously-spoiled purple Imp coming.

3 Likes

Because that’s just what our distribution needs. /s Argh!