(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Taran site is updated:

Holy St. Astra
Trait #3: Inspire Hope
All Humans start battle with 50% Mana.

Alderfather
Trait #3: Magic Vines
Entangle a random enemy when matching Purple.

Phoenicia
Mythic: Green, Red, Yellow
Trait #3: Sun Flare
50% chance to Burn a random enemy at start of my turn.

Tinseltail
Trait #3: Sour Candy
Faerie Fire a random enemy when matching Green Gems.

Luna
Trait #3: Hidden Trap
Explode a random Gem when matching Yellow Gems.
(The Warrens seem nearly impossible to win with Delve 500 faction team unless I’m missing something)

High King Irongut
Mythic: Brown, Blue, Yellow
24 mana cost
In the Pot
Deal [Magic +4] damage to an enemy, with a chance to Devour them equal to my Attack. Gain an extra turn. [1x]
Trait #3: Just a Bite
Steal 4 Life when matching Brown Gems.

Tian Yi
Mythic: Blue, Green, Yellow
Heavenly Strike
24 mana cost
Deal [Magic +5] splash damage to an enemy, and Stun all affected enemies. Deal x2 damage if my Attack if greater. Summon 1-3 Monkey Disciples.
Trait #3: Monkey Magic
Steal 1 Magic from the first enemy at the start of my turn.
3x stun and gets 50% mana start from Wildfolk… hmm

So… Legendaries getting Mythic traits. Mythics getting some pretty bad traits. What is going on here…

6 Likes

Wait if he got 100 att it’s 100% devour?

Reads that way so far

I thought we were done with these stupid mechanic

Wait… 4 life from… all? surely it’s going to be updated to 4 life to the 1st troop or a random target? If not, uh… ummm… I take back anything I said.

That’s exactly how that reads. For 24 mana, that puts Doomclaw to shame.

And since his devour chances are tied to attack, it’s buffable/debuffable. But, in any decently leveled delve/raid/invasion/whatever, its attack is going to be at least 100 which makes it a guaranteed devour to anything that isn’t immune to that status effect.

2 Likes

Sad… very sad

On the bright side it will be perfect for delve

6 Likes

too many things immune to devour. It’ll only remove half of the threats.

Well at 100% he’s basically a Great Maw with a more consistent chance of extraturns and no mana generation as a tradeoff. And you will not be anywhere close to 100% without some serious buffgame, so i’d look at him as an actual worse Great Maw outside of delves, pretty dissapointing for a mythic imho.

You bet future faction boss will be immune to devour?

Devil’s advocating here,

Yes, you are correct. But, unlike Maw, his spell is not a One-Shot Spell. And these days, 24 mana, especially on a tri-color mythic, is not hard to come by at all. Even if he can’t devour everyone, if it picks off one or two units, it’s now a force to be reckoned with from sheer attack rating alone. I’m sure plenty of teams will form around him.

1 Like

Q2 2019 Mythics (in concept).

After these three, all Overworld kingdoms will have a base Mythic troop, with the last one releasing in May 2019.

1 Like

Another Whitehelm event so soon? Hope everyone has their Peace Pigeons at level 20, as that will put Whitehelm at 14 stars of kingdom power.

1 Like

Can’t wait for Kingdom Power level 14

Fair point regarding Delves, multiple devours starting at 100% chance will be great.
However i don’t think the troop will be so great in pvp/GW, considering that for its devour you’d need buffing up beforehand (or roll the dice, in which case you already have cheaper troops at your disposal to do that) significantly increasing your windup time for the devour and more than one devour isn’t really needed there either, so i’d still rate this troop below Maw in those modes.
Anyway i probably overestimate those modes’ importance, with the game’s focus shifting more and more, an outdated mindset so to speak.

But i can hear people complain

Hey i had 60 att and didin’t devour but ai only got 30 att and always devour…

4 Likes

Guarantee someone will get a gimmick to make that 100 attack.

You’re not wrong.

In standard PvP/GW, the mythic goblin is still critically vulnerable to the same issues that all the other goblins suffer. He has no resistances and no ailment immunities. As you mention, time is also a key issue. Time that can likely be invested in other units for better returns on investment. If the mythic goblin casts and misses on the opening devour, then the match is probably going to be lost, which is a rather unpalatable risk to gamble on.

But, as you said in your last sentence (which I wholeheartedly agree with), several of the recent mythics are likely balanced around PvE modes more so than PvP modes.

1 Like

You underestimate how easy it is to fill a Brown troop. There’s also Star Gazer for a very quick Attack buff.

4 Likes