(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I got some great team ideas for him. Can’t wait.

1 Like

No troop type? Also 30 mana only yellow and purple?

Yellow/Purple/Brown. The troop type is either not yet set (like the Tuesday troops) or else IP2 is storing this info somewhere new and I haven’t found it yet.

So if the troop is poisoned he will one shot
Kill it?

Only can cast once also, look easy to counter with impervious in 3rd and 4th spot

This guy seems cool in principle but feels underpowered to me.

There are zero good Brown poisoners so the third trait is immediately not great (not that 1 point per turn is super compelling to begin with).

Then the spell seems like one cast only is overkill. High casting cost, conditional nature of it, ease of countering, and relatively high cost of most other good poisoners.

I agree 30 mana is too much, i bet famine will be happy to one shot kill him before he can do his magic

He’s also essentially completely dependent on another source for Poisoning, as Venomous will only work if he’s in the top slot (not a great place for a mana hog) and will only poison the first troop (which he won’t hit with his spell until late-game). On defense, he’d be a non-starter, as an Impervious team (or Dwarves, or Undead, or a Mercy) would completely remove the threat.

1 Like

Yay another rubbish mythic. Can’t wait.

If it weren’t for immunities to poison, this mythic would actually be quite strong despite its meh uniqe trait.
Applying poison is cake and effortless with several troops, and a guaranteed doublekill for 30 mana is pretty strong.
Poison immunities however completely break the troops spell, which is terrible for a mythic especially with that high cost and the one use condition.

Wyvern maybe…

The damage is meh. 25 damage on 2 troops? For 30 mana? Only one cast? Is it a joke?
Maw devours a troop and creates gems for a one-cast offensive spell…
I will add a “If none of them dies, devour one of them.” And maybe remove the damage. So “Kill the poisoned last 2 enemies. If none of them dies, devour one of them. Can only be cast once.”.

His 3rd trait is cool. Maybe should be a boost for Yellow Allies…

No troop type? I think he should be a monster.
Will wait to see how he pans out before deciding whether to chase him or not. I love his artwork but he’s striking that over familiar xathenos pose that seems all too popular for some reason.

Like I said, I don’t know the troop type. It’s either not set properly yet, or coming from somewhere new.

1 Like

The +1 to all stats includes Magic, which may come in handy for slow paced fights like Guild Wars, especially paired with certain stall heavy troops. The spell itself won’t do much in that situation, but I plan to try him (especially since it is rare for me to be able to fill my last slot troop in Guild Wars on brown day unless I use reckless exploders). For normal use, I see him as probably too slow for general usage since while he can take out two troops with setup he won’t synergize well with things that can easily take out the other two, and then his trait will be nearly worthless without wasting a bunch of time. I think he could safely lose the one shot and still be middling, since poison is pretty easy to counter most other poison troops (and their synergies) synergies are pretty weak. Basically, theres already so many ways to score an instakill on non-immune troops that I barely blink when I see a double one that requires this much “fake synergy”. The only non devour immune troops that are vulnerable to poison are just indigestible, which is a comparatively very small subset of the total devour immune troops.

1 Like

Highforge is a good last slot bd gw troop.
I thought this dude was from drifting sands?

1 Like

What is the next kingdom going to be after merlantis? the ghulvania looking one we got a preview of, or the Japanese looking kingdom on the new splash screen? So counting merlantis…Three new kingdoms sometime n the next 6 to 9 months.

I haven’t seen this one nor heard of it?

You miswrote “Chinese”.
Else, after Shentang it should be Bright Forest (summer version of Glacial Peaks).

And we get used to one kingdom every 2 months.

The decent poisoners, in general, are:

1. Euryali - G/U/Y - 22 cost
  2. Plague - G/U/P - 22 cost
  3. Poison Master - U/P - 12 cost
  4. Shadow Dragon - P/Y - 14 cost
  5. Venoxia - G/P - 16 cost
  6. Webspinner - G/U - 16 cost
  7. Wyvern - G/B - 11 cost

The only really good ones there, for Scorpius’ sake, are Euryali, Plague, Webspinner, & Wyvern. All have Green (as it’s thematically tied to Poison…), but Blue is really common too. The only color worse than Brown would be Red.

I think, with only 1 skill point per turn and the general focus on speed, it could safely apply regardless of color. It would take a long time to build up and be effective, certainly more than many current teams.

And, like I said before, the costs for most of those troops is really high. 41 mana at a minimum and more likely 46 to 52 to make Scorpius effective. That’s super high for a one cast only troop. Especially since the base damage on the spell is so low it’s meaningless without the lethal damage. Definitely need to reduce the costs and/or remove the one cast limitation.

1 Like

It includes one point of Magic each turn, which is pretty much a game changer. Doesn’t take many turns for some troops to go crazy, e.g. by outhealing any damage you could reasonably do.

But Euryali can poison all enemies on 4+ matches, so you don’t need to cast her to get 2 instakills. Just fill Scorpius with a transformer and bam, double kill.