(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Yeah, I realize that, but it also requires you to have a second fully traited Mythic. They’ve basically made a really strong combo that only works with one troop and then designed around that (thus one cast only). The result is that it’s never good.

Ah, in that case I fully agree.

Edit: 1. I hadn’t realised the release date for this was next week?!

1. Mythics should be as good for new players as for endgamers. If a level 100 player draws this one they’re really stuck. I feel the same about Pharos and Stonehammer - bad troops for those without the resources to trait them
2 Likes

It’s a plausible early double-kill, assuming the last 2 troops aren’t poison resistant. That won’t usually happen, but it’s not a “never” situation. Also, +1 to all stats per turn on Brown can help turn walls like Stonehammer and Gorgotha into killers, as well as making Lady Ironbeard quite useful and buffing Highforge, who shares the same targets. I don’t want to outright build teams for everyone, but he’s certainly not rubbish- more expensive, limited, and requiring a team built around him, like Xathenos, but able to bring a lot to the team as well. Also, Impervious is always nice, right?

What I don’t see is why they make him super expensive AND one-shot. Sure, his spell is powerful and conditional, but in my mind it’s closer to Wulfgarok’s than anything else. I’d say lower the mana cost to 25 at most, or remove the 1-shot restriction.

3 Likes

Why?

I disagree. If the Mythic depends on its traits then it’s perfectly fair that the endgamer gets the benefit of unlocking it sooner - they’ve put the time / effort / cash in to get there. It gives the newer players an immediate target.

Mythics have a unique trait which should be costly and have an impact on the game. By definition they won’t be as good for new players. I agree that sometimes the trait should be optional rather than always mandatory. mind…

4 Likes

Hmmm if set up right it’s two insta kills. That’s gotta be restricted somehow. 30 feels unduly high - we could agree to start at 27 and see how he plays.

Pharos is an average-ish troop without traits that gets good when traited. I’ll agree on Stonehammer though, but mostly because his spell is really bad. If the spell was independently useful that would be a different matter, but the backfire rate, even after priming the board with one of your colors, is really really bad and casting it often costs you more ground than you gain. Every troop should be at least functional before getting full traits, which is something I can say for most of them. That being said, no mythic trait that deals with stats should be balanced around the stat pools you are likely to see at early game.

Thats not what I’m seeing with Scorpius. I’m seeing more of a “go ahead and try to make this synergize” type thing. The trait wants you to use brown troops, but the spell wants you to use poisoning troops, and using only troops that overlap both categories leaves you with an extremely slow and clunky team. Kinda like trying to use a bunch of Naga or Undead with Euryali, or trying to set up poison synergy with her, or both, when she is far more effective as a fire-and-forget true damage with complementary colored troops that offer ways to easily fill her that occasionally summons a meat shield that doesn’t mana block her. I just think the gimmick for Scorpius is too gimmicky given that over 60 troops (including two entire troop types) are immune to poison and it is a one-shot that does pitiful damage otherwise, even after gaining magic for several turns, and it has a targeting restriction.

The 30 mana cost seems appropriate - not like it matters much anyway for “balance” purposes since blob matches are still in the game. It could really stand to lose that “one shot” tag. And if not, lowering the mana cost won’t do much either, since past about 24 mana or so you need incredible luck to even approach that much without some kind of board mod, at which point you are pretty much dealing with percentages on whether or not you’ll convert/explode/cascade enough to generate between ten mana and over a hundred. A conditional double damage to a troop type or even a color would be far more appropriate than a mana reduction if it is going to keep the one-shot.

2 Likes

Personally, I think it looks somewhat weak.

I think targeting should be first troop and third troop or random.

Or some other combination. ‘Last 2’ is snore…

Will he be a Monster/Beast I wonder…

1 Like

I could never have say it better. I agree with all you have stated.

1 Like

FYI: New troop graphics on spoiler page: http://www.taransworld.com/

Troops with graphic changes:

• Gargantaur
  • Bulette
  • ChiefStronghorn
  • Hyena
  • Mammoth
  • DwarvenHunter
  • Tzathoth
  • VoiceOfOrpheus
4 Likes

Any chance of adding a mobile version of your page in the future?

1 Like

Currently I have a LOT of work to do on the page (still there is a lot more to automate). I’m not sure about mobile (there is so much data I’m not sure how I could display it all on a phone). If someone wants to help with the design I’m cool chatting in private discord about it. :slight_smile:
Thanks.

Who to go for scorpius or World breaker? That thing could be insane. Put something like a ragnagord or poison master underneath and that thing could go mental. I wonder if scorpius could pair with him?

World Breaker is Y/G/R… Azura has no conflicting colors with World Breaker, neither does Krystenax.

I really do hope the fix the spelling of enchantment though. Like, seriously.

Are we going to have 2 Mythics in one month without any warnings from the devs? :slight_smile:

Oh and I fixed pictures of 2 Mythics: :wink:

No seriously, why the weapon on the spell is not the same that the weapon that the troop uses? I know there are already much errors like that on existing troops, but why?

4 Likes

Lots and lots of troops immune to everything…

The weapon of our hero is a longshot imitation, Orpheus has the real thing?

Crescendo? After some research: it’s coming from Orpheus but was given to King Silenus :wink: . So it should be not the same harp. And it seems that Orpheus is more related to Pan’s Vale better than Leonis Empire…

Funny they already talked about King Silenus in Feb. 2016 :stuck_out_tongue: .

1 Like

Dude… Do we really have another mythic coming out on friday?

1 Like

Yes. Also, I’ve abused my editing power to hijack the first post, and am going to blat in the next troop info from now on. Scroll all the way up 4,380 posts to see the latest (now with traitstone info!).

6 Likes