Some use a trainer

Agree with the two posters above. The lack of transparency around what accounts have been banned is certainly strange and not required.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen anyone asking you to name and shame anyone people just want to know that you are investigating their reports and taking action if required. A weekly post saying something like 10 people were banned for botting and another 10 were banned for using trainers their guilds have had some trophies removed and the cost of their tasks increased for the week thank you to everyone that sent in cheating reports. That way you are showing cheaters that they will be found out and punished and you are showing legit people that you are investigating their reports. You wouldn’t be mentioning names or guild names or commenting on individual cases I don’t see how that would be a problem for anyone.

14 Likes

There is absolutely no harm in naming and shaming convicted cheaters.

8 Likes

I agree but the devs just don’t want too

1 Like

I have already stated that we have banned over 20 players this week that were largely reported to us through support. Though I know some of you want names, it is not the way we want to proceed with either allegations or bans so we won’t be releasing them to the community.

Community will not be more loyal from seeing that whole guilds deceit and go top with impunity .The feeling of helplessness is not conducive to this. Trying to reach a good level in the game requires a lot of effort. But everything is broken about cheating

Not naming those banned only serves for those that reported such behaviour to wonder whether anything was actually done. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I agree 100%, I do not understand why you can not give out lists of banned?
it will be useful both with discipline and with the purchase of vip.
you want to earn money? so the fight against cheating is a primary goal, not the creation of new soldiers.

2 Likes

It looks better to the mass user base if it is hidden, but, those in the know can see the truth. Just propaganda really.

1 Like

I wasn’t taking about an odd comment here and there saying you banned a few people I was talking about every week stating how many people got banned for what and if their guilds were punished or not.

1 Like

The legitimacy of the PVP rankings and the actions taken by the devs to detect and ban cheaters have been questioned for quite some time, with reason, I think.

However many things have changed since last spring.
Everyone can see the people who are at the top of the LB. It is easy to notice if something doesn’t seem humanly possible and to report them, and sometimes to notice that someone has been banned.

But now the top guilds have deserted PVP to grind trophies in the arena. Players are invisible in the arena. It is impossible to detect anything.

It is more or less the same with GW. In the case of the guild to which this thread alludes, it seems to the OP and to some readers that very visibly something going wrong. But what if only a couple of HL members of a guild were using a trainer? It would have an impact on the score and the ranking of that guild but it is highly probable that the opponents as well as the guildmates of those players would praise the outstanding results without noticing anything.

So it seems to me that the question of cheating and how it is dealt with is more crucial than ever.

14 Likes

I feel a lot of the problem is that GW is so secretive. You only see who you’re facing for the week.
I’d love to see it more like a MLB or NHL scorecard where everyone can see everyone’s performance. I wanna be able to see who’s playing who and what everyone’s score is. It would be a heck of a lot more transparent and any malfeasance would be easily detected.

6 Likes

@Saltypatra

Has a policy been developed for once a certain percentage of members of a guild get banned for using a “Trainer” the guild gets disbanded?

If there isn’t yet a formal policy, then like the GW collusion policy, this needs to be addressed and formalized sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

And what good would it do? It appears to me that nothing has been done anyway so it really doesnt matter.

My guild has made every effort to advance in GW but this whole thing just illustrates how pointless it all is. Since some guilds can just cheat and get all the rewards it just shafts those of us who play fair…

Its disheartening to say the least.

What do i say to my guild as to why we can only ever get so far before we hit a “cheat wall” no matter how hard we try?

At this point i am of the opinion that GW should be scrapped until there is a reliable way to ensure its legitimacy.

Vangor-Gems of the Ostfront

2 Likes

Well, seeing the guild in question is at least 50k points behind 2nd to last in the bracket and dead last means they’re either all in a time zone that hasn’t woken up already or they lost a number of players ‘suddenly and unexpectedly’. My guess is the latter since more than half the day is gone.

When they were in Bracket 6 with me a couple of weeks ago they did very little until Sunday when they rocketed from dead last to being way out in front.

Not to mention they may be in a timezone where its the middle of the night… Like russia or something…

2 Likes

@Saltypatra
I understand your reasoning for not posting the names of the players that are being banned. But realistically how else is the community supposed to know that actions are being made?
If you don’t want to call out individual players. Perhaps, call out the Guild Name instead and attach a number of players banned to it. For example:

Banned this week: Sparkle Ponies - 1 player level 38
Those concerned or that have suspicions will feel validated while still protecting the players individual identity.

5 Likes

It would make more sense for them to write “Banned: Level 38 player on X date” without the guild affiliation. Otherwise, the negative drama that Salty talked about will just get directed at the named guilds versus the banned individual.

1 Like

Games shouldn’t be in the habit of calling out every time anyone is banned.

3 Likes