Some use a trainer

I honestly have no idea why people think this is a good idea. Could you imagine as a level 1 newbie connecting to chat the first day, greeted with a stream of system messages:

“Banned 3 players from guild XYZ!”
“Banned 2 players from guild ABC! Cheating is bad, mkay?”

This is most definitely not the kind of atmosphere a game would wish to cultivate, begging as it is for a portion of your precious leisure time.

10 Likes

I do not know what a trainer is but if people are cheating in guild wars it’s because the rewards need to be re-visited! Make 1st and 2nd 100 or 200 apart and the same with 2nd and 3rd so there wont be as big an incentive to cheat

I’m not sure anyone suggested they stream it in chat. I think most of them asked for the devs to post it on the forum.

Personally, I don’t see name/shaming botters making any difference. The people doing it already know they can be banned for botting/using trainers anyway. They obviously feel the risk is worth it or that they won’t get caught.

1 Like

There will always be cheaters in any online game. People will do it merely b/c they can.

as far as I know, they will have difficulty entering the game. because they played without a steam

1 Like

We were in that same 6th bracket! Alas, we faced them on Sunday that week.

Something weird was definitely going on. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Cheaters are still in bracket 2 :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I completely agree, It has no place in-game! However, a once per month or quarter a simple forum post of total bans would be nice, Keeping things very generic of course. Blizzard (Overwatch) for example after the very 1st week baned 1,572 players for cheating. That kind of info is nice and might keep a few players on the right sided of the fence. And reassure those reporting that something is being done.

1 Like

Stupid as this may sound but still…what is a “trainer” ?

A piece of software that modifies the code to make a game easy by boosting the player’s stats, items, etc

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: