Some use a trainer

Well… Since this is the case

And also this

I just dont know what to think…

1 Like

Well, one possibility is to think, “I did what I could to report what I externally observed to be a problem, and I trust the dev team has used their best judgment, along with information I do not have as a player, to mete out the punishments they see fit to mete out.” But that’s just one possibility.

4 Likes

I didnt make a callout

I apologize for any implication I may have made to that effect. I did not intend for it to be interpreted in this way. Edited to remove the potential for misinterpretation.

3 Likes

You are allowed to feel skeptical about something/someone, I am/have been too.
But we can only do so much to try report players/guilds to the Devs. And hope that
they somehow managing to catch these little rats that has to destroy the game for others.
It sometimes can be a long and rough process for the Devs to track them down, that we
already know. But thankfully they manage to track down and ban someone every week.

3 Likes

For those curious in seeing Bracket 2.

3 Likes

If the allegations are correct and they have made it this far in Guild Wars… clearly the system is broken to the point. That Guild Wars will be more harmful than good for this game. I personally love Guild Wars, but what’s the point in trying your best and using gems for Sentinels. When collusion and trainers makes it impossible to win the right way?

2 Likes

Wow, they’re tenacious, I’ll give them that. Not naming any names, of course. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Remember those times when players have stated that Devs do not care about the issues that matter to players and also that cheaters don’t get banned/punished… Think on how you have thus far handled this issue that was reported to you weeks ago when you state that you do care and you do ban cheaters.

Not from where we are sitting you don’t.

3 Likes

We do care about issues and always do our best. We have been investigating this issue since it was reported to us, we do not want any innocent players getting caught in the crossfire.

This week alone we have banned over 20 players. Each time we ban a player it takes a chunk of time away from development. We do not comment on these instances and name and shame as it lowers morale and fosters a volatile community.

3 Likes

Sorry, but this policy is fundamentally not true. Because of this, it seems that the developer does nothing. Take the example of the rainbow 6, there is a constant message that the player is banned. It disciplines other players when they see that punishment exists, and when it is not visible the others also begin to cheat. It’s a great temptation to change the variables in the game. Yes, and without a trainer, you can do it.
Think about it.
Regarding the fact that actions are being taken - we will see at the end of the week (how many points the guild / the name of which can not be called/ will collect)

6 Likes

Maybe if every bracket 2 team took screenshots of their opponent showing absurdly low defense teams; and printed them out, Fed’exd them over night (about the cost of VIP3) then they may notice :smiley:

I also want the information about the player’s blocking to be displayed in all the chat channels as well as about the mythical

3 Likes

Surely it’s more important to ban players that are cheating than it is too add a new troop on Monday.

I’d happily wait a week or two for a new troop etc if it means myself and others are not going to be shafted out of rewards due to a guild cheating their way to the top.

3 Likes

Troops are completed months in advance. It takes time away from updates, builds, bug fixes, etc. Troop creation is only one part of the development process.

4 Likes

Did 2 people from the leaderboard get banned just before reset this week? I was 34th and went and did an arena run and when I came back I was 32nd

1 Like

Wanted to bring money into the game. But I will not pay for a game with cheaters. Easier to pay for hacking and get more lol

1 Like

You can not pay for hacking, it’s enough to join that guild and you will be given it for free

4 Likes

Perhaps it is time for you guys to introduce a dedicated team specifically for the purpose of maintaining a cheat-free-environment, without the risk of loosing development time? You have given us a feature where competition matters. Yet you are unable to maintain or at least uphold the idea of relevancy due to cheating… I can not imagine a more killing situation then the one you guys have put yourselves in right now.

Sure, while in the process of investigation name and shaming is forbidden, understandable. But once the banhammer lands, there is no reason not to communicate this to us. Same as court results are public and can be seen and read by anybody. Why not have a sticky read-only topic with banned players / guilds (with leaderboard rank)? For all to see the results of your own labor?

Refer to this “banned topic” from topics like this one. Hell, all you guys had to do in this topic, days ago, was to make a clear statement that an investigation is pending regarding certain guilds in the top 3 brackets. Then later on either post the results in the “banned topic”, or state here that no evidence of the use of a trainer was found. Case closed (until further evidence found).

Right now nobody has been given the feeling that justice was served.

4 Likes

I got the impression that players don’t want you to comment on the actions taken, just that actions have been taken.

Update the Guidelines. Once the witch has successfully been hunted, put on trial and convicted, why not tell players that there is one witch less to worry about? Makes players feel safer and possibly discourages other witches to come visiting.

Something likes this, possibly as part of the weekly update.

I do hope this also addresses the currently perceived Guild Wars ranking issue. I can’t imagine the credibility hit to this game if a guild really were to manage reaching bracket 1 by cheating on a grand scale, month after month, without anything being done about it.

4 Likes