Sneak Peek - New Upgrade Menus

Everyone is welcome to ask clarifying questions on any of the information in this Sneak Peek in our Reddit AMA when it goes live. :slight_smile:

We won’t be revealing much more information here at this time, but thank you everyone for your feedback.

2 Likes

when patch hits if gw inprogress will it end?/wich game mode will be week 1 of this patch?

1 Like

:sunglasses: AND I STILL SURVIVED.
(No really, first the German translation is not just pretty bad, but also faulty in places and second… it would have been difficult for me to participate in an English-speaking forum when I would have only known the German troop and trait names. There are plenty reasons to play in English even for someone who maybe doesn’t understand as much as I do - for one, asking for help here is definitely easier if you have the English words of everything in the game.)

4 Likes

how will this work?also will me changing my name to dogthebountyhunter give a bonus?

1 Like

What did I just say @en9nhcet?

well since i abhor reddit and will never use the site this place is all i have :sob:

2 Likes

Sorry. :frowning: Pass your questions onto another forumer to ask for you?

Is there any news about Shocktopus?

1 Like

I’m starting to think they’re holding it back as a gift for downloading the 3.3 update. Not that that is a bad thing or anything.

You know what they say about Shocktopus, there needs to be the right timing for some tentacle love.

10 Likes

I don’t think anyone but me says that, in retrospect.

7 Likes

I get you.

4 Likes

Kraken will be like:

10 Likes

Well…

This thread took an interesting detour.

4 Likes

Just loaded up the reddit thing, lots recruitment spam and crap I’m not interested in. I won’t be bothering. I’ll stick with the forum thanks.

People turn to the wrong sea creatures, though. Tentacles are so last year.
The best sea creature is clearly the sea bunny!
seabunny
(It’s a type of sea slug that realized that bunnies are the best creatures and therefore decided to look like one as much as possible. It is actually widely known as ‘sea bunny’, by the way, if you wanna google it.)

4 Likes

Well, GoW has a track record of avoiding communicating what players would perceive as Bad News. The Legendary Gem Tasks Nerf didn’t even make it into the patch notes AND took a week of major uproar until somebody had the balls to admit it was intentional rather than a bug.

I’ll get exited about those cool things once we get a Sneak Peek at the price tag attached. I’d prefer to keep my 390 Gems from guild tasks instead of only getting, say, 90 Gems and 3 Orbs of Growth that somebody considers to be worth 100 Gems each. Sorry if this sounds somewhat grumpy, GoW patches have taught me the hard way that I should manage my expectations by bracing for the impact. :grimacing:

21 Likes

Last time we got 2 new devs, we got one taken away from us.
But I feel like the main one was. When we got 4x on all platforms. They took gems from Legendary tasks.
My favorite “yin and yang GoW” moment though was… They redesigned the entire Orc class. Which made the teams OP. The solution was a thing called “combo breaker”. A built in mechanic that made gem creators almost useless since it’s designed for you to not get an extra turn.
So yeah… Lol… We all have the right to have fear.

5 Likes

First the console task system was nerfed to only 4 tasks per day. Then the guild tasks were nerfed to have a limit per week and worse rewards. Then glory reward troops were nerfed to have event keys removed. Then when x4 speed was added guild tasks were nerfed even more, with the logic that we were now gaining too much gold due to the x4 speed. There’s a lot to be worried about.

Yes, some cool things were added that help players during this time as well, but there was very little communication about any of these things which exacerbated the problem.

It’s going to take a series of good decisions regarding the next few patches of player rewards (with good communication about any changes) before the player base’s trust is earned enough to not be worried about something being nerfed and we only find out about it on release day.

14 Likes

I honestly can’t tell if you’re being serious or not.
If you are then that is incredibly worrisome.

And the complaint that the Devs are out of touch with their own game rages on and is stronger than ever.

9 Likes