While we’re putting the finishing touches on our new in-game events, such as Raid Boss, Bounties, Invasions, and the Vault of Many Gnomes, I thought I’d do a quick sneaky sneak peek at the new Troop Upgrade Menus we’ve been working on for 3.3
The Sister of Shadows has volunteered to be our upgradeable guinea pig, so let’s get right to it, with the first screen:
1 The Troop Card
For those who didn’t notice in our weekly event announcement, we’ve made some changes to the layout of the large troop cards:
- We now display the kingdom of the troop (as a word, not a silly symbol)
- We’ve removed the gradient to improve readability of the troop type
- The level has been moved to a more prominent & readable position
- The pips along the top show rarity, with the little spiky ones remaining spiky to show you the base rarity after the card has ascended!
2 The Upgrade Menu
We’ve upgraded the upgrade menu (!), so you can see, at a glance the progress of level/traits/ascension.
These are all buttons, and selecting any of them will take you to one of the following sub-menus.
3 The Level Up Dialog
Quite a few changes here, with the intention of making things a little easier for everybody. You can choose to either
- Immediately level to max by selecting the top right button
- If you don’t have enough souls for that, it remains there (darkened a little) to show you the souls required for max level, but you instead select the middle button to level as high as you can afford
- If you want to micro things a bit more, you can select a level with the arrows on the left and use the bottom button to level up instead.
- Those stats on the left will change as you play with the arrows, and turn green to show you when things are increasing
Next up is my favorite…
4 The Traits Dialog
We were pretty fed up with having to press a button 3 times if we already had all the stones we required! So now you can select trait 1, 2, or 3 and it will spend the stones to go straight to your desired target - in other words, you can upgrade all three traits in one action.
We’ve also improved the traitstone display based on some feedback. You can now see the sum of ALL traitstones required to reach your chosen target.
Oh, and you can still select an individual traitstone to find what kingdoms give it, and go exploring!
(also please excuse the ridicuous number of traitstones I have for testing )
5 The Ascension Dialog
Once again, we’re streamlined it so you can go straight to your desired rarity, and it shows the total cards required.
We’ve added some pretty new effects for when things upgrade too, but you’ll see those when 3.3 lands!
You’ve probably noticed by now that there’s an option in the top bar called ORBS, and I’m sure you’re wondering what they are, so…
6 The Orbs Menu
Orbs are new rewards you can earn in game for doing a variety of tasks. There are some more orb types in addition to the ones shown here, but they all let you shortcut various tasks. We’ll discuss these in more detail (as well as some other cool things you can with Orbs in the Soulforge) later, but for now, we thought we’d show one of their key uses - upgrading troops!
While Disenchanting hasn’t changed too much (apart from todying up the UI a little), the last screen I have to share is…
7 The Skills Menu
We’ve tidied up the display of the skills and popped in some text to more clearly show the Skill calculation (no guild bonuses here, because I haven’t done my tasks on the test server on this account! )
So… That’s it for the quick sneak peek!
I’ve gotta run away and sink my head into spreadsheets now - I’m busy balancing all the rewards for our new events, and it’s a HUGE job! I’m sure you have a bunch of questions, and I’ll try to stop in later and answer a few - apologies if I don’t… Salty, and our awesome community ninjas will be around tomorrow!