Sneak Peek - New Upgrade Menus

…maybe :sunglasses:

minor%20purp
major%20purp
runic%20purp

arcane

11 Likes

It was already stated that it won’t come with 3.3 in a QA last month and may wait for the quality of life update to Guild Wars.

3 Likes

It means only 27 player scores will be counted in GW, instead of all 30. How those 27 are determined, I’m not sure - top scores, guildmaster can exempt 3, other… not clear on that.

4 Likes

Yay for new stuff. This post leaves me with way more questions than answers though…

And like @mithran I’m sure there will be a catch…

And will anything new give me something to do with a pile of millions of souls which just grows to no purpose…?

4 Likes

Souls, trait stones, treasure maps, etc. we need a place to trade in our extra’s. Giving us new resources, Let’s do something with our stockpiles while we are at it.

All useless.

8 Likes

Hopefully they will be and can even have a better balanced price point! I might purchase some of those to save me some stone farming! :wink:

The menus look clean. I like the clarity of the info, but I am with all the other vets who are a little concerned that these O-R-B-S are actually spelled N-E-R-F. :fearful:

Finger crossed, it wont come to that! :pray:

3 Likes

I meant that it should be displayed on the default (center) panel. With the other three stats.

4 Likes

Everything looks nice. I agree with Shimrra that Magic should be displayed among the stats of the troops. No need to remove it from the spell description/card though, just show it on the troop’s card too.

If it can’t be changed in the current update, to not delay things, then consider it among the next changes.

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter what they do, if you’re away on holiday, work or in a hospital your guild loses points.

2 Likes

WTF? Seriously!?

:scream:

2 Likes

All said and done some pretty cool improvements.

Also I can’t believe no one’s said, “Can we get a better look at Sister of Shadows’ orbs?”

If you need me, I’m over in the punish corner.

11 Likes

Yeah, we’re back to mahoosive orbs, not seen since Atlanta burst forth! Sirrian must love his melons!

5 Likes

This. I just hope we get some advance notice on what the tradeoff is going to be.

Since orbs are in essence boosts, I am 99% certain they will be. Probably for the “discounted” (70% off!) price of $9.99-49.99 each. :wink: Especially those juicy Orbs of Power. I can see it now…one Orb of Power, 500 Souls, 5,000 Gold, and 2 Event Keys for $49.99! :rofl:

Humor aside, it would be nice to see orbs as craftable, too, but I’m worried that this would be heavily gated behind Diamonds, and we already have plenty of Diamond sinks. If the intention is to gate yet another item behind Diamonds, I hope we get an additional way to earn Diamonds to help offset this. Maybe one or more of the new events that is replacing Guild Wars could be leveraged to help with this?

6 Likes

Pretty excited about the new stuff and the QoL improvements. Not too worried about some current resource or whatever getting “nerfed” because, eh, times change.

2 Likes

Not sure about the orbs, it look nice but doesn’t it make vip level less effective?

3 Likes

Exactly! And when are they gonna take out at least those stupid major traitstones out of the glory chest for a start?!

2 Likes

Yes and no, the orbs are a resource and therefore they can be spent away until you have none. The benefits from Vip levels are a lifetime bonus.
I believe these orbs are meant to:

• Speed up a little the progress of new players that are struggling to get more resources without upgraded troops.
  • Maybe an “all purppose” resource for endgamers that can hoard and craft them into stronger orbs that can be used for some goals like fully upgrading a new troop instead of waiting until you get all copies of the card or farm all Arcanes Traitstones in Explore and such.

By the way, @Sirrian, i believe the Orb of Wisdom in the picture is supposed to unlock The First Trait and not all traits like the Major Orb of Wisdom advertises right? Are there “Great Orbs” in the middle of the normal and major orbs?

2 Likes

I hope they won’t replace gems rewards with these orbs in the new game modes, that would really suck!

6 Likes

Nice new upgrade menu. Hoping this spoiler means everything in on track and update comes soon ( really tired of current meta).

Also wondering what these cards will look like in battle with the status effects going off.

2 Likes

The Orb of Wisdom dialog say “All traits unlocked” because all traits are already unlocked, despite what’s shown in the other screenshots. Sirrian likely unlocked the traits between screenshots to be able to show off the different states of the orb buttons.

3 Likes