Smashed Mouth

ALL STAR

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Rogueling

The Rogueling will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Legendary Troop: Smashedmouth

Smashedmouth will be available exclusively in Event Chests this week, and will make its way to Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in the usual 3-4 weeks.

New Doomed Weapon: Doomed Breaker

This week it will be available in both the Tower of Doom shop, and in the Soulforge.

1 Like

I got a CLIFFY error trying to read this post and it kicked me out of the forums :frowning:

18 Likes

He’s an allstar?

2 Likes

I think Smashedmouth is pretty good, I want to make a team with him. Damage, mana drain enemies below AND an extra turn? Yes please.

4 Likes

I think those are decent goblins, just need to see if the additions make 2 goblin teams viable for GW defense.

It really depends on how the troop functions…

If it knocks the troop to the back, then mana drains everything below it, its kinda useless. (draining enemies below the last slot doesnt do anything).

If it drains first, then knocks the target to the back, then it could be okay on defense.

Edit: It drains at the target point, so… pretty nifty.

2 Likes

Next goblins ability will literally be a win button.

3 Likes

Looks like Norbert’s Turnip was created just for this Legendary.

1 Like

Mana draining goblin. Just what the goblins needed :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Looks like a goblin did the artwork too

Does the mana drain happen after the knockback?

If it does…

As usual, poor wording.

It applies the drain to the enemies below the slot it knocks back…

So if you target first slot, it will drain those below.

However, we do not need Goblins with mana drain, the thing silences on skull hits as well.

Why do Goblins all have extra turns, if they have everything else?

7 Likes

Its a better candidate for Mythic than Mambasira.

5 Likes

Has more utility for sure.

I think it could be nasty as top slot, has armoured, silences and bleeds on skull hits, knocks to the back and drains. Logically you would probably, knock top slot (stoneskin) to back, drain 2, 3 and 4, then silence slot 2 on skulls.

As mentioned Turnip feeds both colours, so it’s going to fill it when it casts once and by the time Smash casts twice, you have drained up to 14 mana on 3 troops, knocked 2 to the back and silenced two troops. Oh and you could probably add Grapplepot now, drop Fiddler (that thing should be burnt at the stake…) :slight_smile: and get more damage, yet silence two troops fairly easy. Not as stable in AI hands ofc.

I mean you could run this thing with a skull team too. Probably need an entangler…hello Rope Dart (just to keep the theme, has an extra turn)… more Goblins etc… :neutral_face:

Fortunately stun works vs it. (waits for a goblin skull converter tank with thick head…).

1 Like

This is one of the problems with Goblins – their are enough Goblins now that literally do everything AND they get extra turns. It’s bonkers.

1 Like

That’s exactly the problem though. Goblins have become WAY too much. Exploders, generators, damage dealers, and now, mana drainers. I think the automatic extra turn needs to be reviewed. I’m sure this has come up in the past.

5 Likes

I’m just waiting for a troop to be released with a “freeze all enemies on 4/5 gem matches” trait. Maybe a new Mythic troop for Glacial Peaks…:grin:

1 Like

Yep, it’s out of line now, the value of an extra turn is precious in this game, and almost guaranteeing it even more so.

I mean the main thing against Smashedmouth is the existing team has so much already!

2 Likes

I like him. Now I’ll admit I’m not an expert at the game but this guy seems like he should be a Mythic.

While armored is ok, broken jaw is pretty good and the mana drain is good enough to keep the enemy from casting long enough to let the rest of the team do their thing and make something happen. On top of that because he’s a goblin he gets that extra turn. After all of that he only costs 14 mana to cast.

The fact that his artwork doesn’t look like my one and half year old niece drew it is a plus too. I will say I’m glad they decided to make this guy a legendary instead of a mythic.

If I’m wrong any of this please let me know.

You like him because you picture him in your team. When you’ll face him battle after battle after battle in PVP, you’ll like him a little less.

1 Like