Single Troop Defenses

I think some have been remove in their entirety.

You only see flags on a post if enough people have flagged it to hide it for poor content. Otherwise flags are not visible.

One would hope that appropriate warnings would have already gone out to those willing to spam flag a thread in order to cause it to be auto-closed effectively hijacking the thread for their own agenda

2 Likes

Here we are 2 weeks later and this is still a problem…

I actually had the “Crude Club” defense as my guild’s Paragon opponent today. Not that I am complaining (yay, easy points!), but it does seem to go against what we’ve been told to expect.

2 Likes

To be clear the team posted above when i fought it was same as mine except shadow dragon in place of leet. The one troop is when i viewed profile and clicked “fight” the single troop is what showed up

Here is an even more blatant example 2 of the 3 choices are incorrectly scored teams

:point_up_2:1 trophy option
:point_up_2:2 trophy option

I took the 2 trophy fight and afterwards checked their profile and clicked fight and this is what they have set as their defense team

Now i cant understand what the motivation is to screw over other players by not setting 4x bandit or something instead of only one and causing this issue…

I used the 1td as well but when the devs changed that i adjusted my def accordingly
And i still get super easy fights 90%of the time. Not as fast but just as easy…

And i dont mind hard fights but i would like the rewards that they give as opposed to hard fights that reward like they were 1td fights. This is really effecting the way i play this game.

Im not asking for any kind of compensation or demanding that it gets fixed right this second but an update would be nice😎
@Sirrian @Nimhain @Saltypatra
Thanks

3 Likes

Are players who aren’t on the forums even aware of what is happening? The players that you’re running into may have no idea that they are putting up what ends up being a misleading team.

2 Likes

I thought of that as well but i have seen several that are members here just today… And some repeatedly but in the interest of no call outs i have obscured their names and not mentioned them by name but they know who they are

1 Like

I hope that the slow fix comes soon, because the quick fix seems to be more noticeable and harmful than anticipated. Glad I don’t have to deal with this on console.

4 Likes

Thats true and as a further illustration i fight about 500 battles a week if only 25% of them are improperly scored thats a huge difference in gold. Example:

this team should have a score around 9500notice the gold payout now check this onethe 3 trophy fight has a score of 9700 and the payout is about 1000 gold more

If a quarter of my 500 fights per week are like this thats 125 figjts at 1000 gold each is 125k then factor in my armor and thats 250k! Not exactly what i would call “barely noticeable”

1 Like

If they had just fixed the PVP matchmaking so it works like they thought it did, then the 1-troop exploit never would have existed. If they could also make it so players have reasonable options for their 1, 2 and 3 trophy matches, so much the better.

On console, tanking your defense team doesn’t affect your invade options, and you usually get a reasonable spread of invade choices (though I sometimes, rarely, still get three 9000+ teams as my choices). I don’t know why that couldn’t have been the ‘quick fix’ for PC/Mobile. Maybe the Unity build will help with that, but it sounds like the beta testers are all starting at level 1, so endgame play may not get beta-tested.

I have still set a one-troop-defence.

As far as I can tell, it still affects the matches that I roll for my PvP, and still keeps them away from constant DKFDF or KGSFGK tedium, which is pretty much all I see if I set a normal defence.

I have no intention of screwing over other players. It’s not my fault that my other teams (9500 points) show up as their one trophy matches.

5 Likes

Isn’t it? I mean, you know what the outcome will be even though you didn’t put the broken process in place that leads to that result.

As an alternative, could you not set each week’s glory troop as a 4x defence, and then level them up and trait them the week after? That should still get you the same favourable result, while keeping your teams out of the broken ‘quick fix’. You’d have a rolling one-week delay on maxing out your kingdom power, which should be pretty insignificant.

Although this whole mess isn’t a problem on console, I’ve kept my imps untraited and level 1 so that I have an outlet if I ever want to put up a weak team.

2 Likes

If they wanted to do away with Single Troop Defenses a more ‘complete’ solution would be to remove a player from being invaded if they don’t field a full team. Though, personally, I’d rather they address the disease instead of the symptom.

7 Likes

Gesundheit.

3 Likes

Have you tried a defense of 4 untraited lv1/5/10 troops?
It should still provide a great variety in invade choices without creating these unfortunate false matchups for lower level players.

1 Like

I have teammates with VIP scores high enough that trying to field 4 troops with a weak enough score to prevent meta opponents is difficult. As for “who’s fault is it”, I’m not sure why there would be an expectation of a player to jump through hoops in order to make accommodations for a developer mistake? It sucks for the players who encounter these defenses, but the devs should have planned and implemented this quick “fix” (debatable) better…

8 Likes

I don’t disagree with you. The problem needs to be solved by the developers, but in the meantime, if players know that they are contributing to a spin-off problem, could they not temporarily alter their behaviour to minimize the collateral damage?

1 Like

You’re asking people to do something for the benefit of others. That’s a tall order and in this game, seems to be nigh impossible anymore.

2 Likes