Same name - two accounts?

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
Not to see two players with the same name. They were in different guilds as well. Is this something fishy?

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Look at them again in game.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
Yes, can provide. But won’t attach unless this is a normal occurance, as it could be seen as a ‘call out’.

This has happened in my guild where due to account linking i ended up being in the guild twice.

Yeah ok, this is an example of two players in different guilds with the same name. So might be different than account linking?

Was it a common name?

I could see that two people would choose this name for their character. But this is the first time I’ve noticed it.

At least they’re identifiable compared to those with nothing but ******* for a name.

Multiple Players can have the same name but they will have different Invite Codes, this is why you are seeing them in different guild.

As some players who hang out in Chat Channel one will say we once had 2 Hodors chatting in the channel.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I believe we have at least 6 Jon Snows in the game.

3 Likes

My sentiments exactly! :grin:

Thanks @Nimhain for clearing it up!

Yah. When another ‘shadow’ joined our sister guild I was all whaaat? Nooo! Aww. Wished I’d picked a more obscure name now :neutral_face:

I think that it’s possible for support to change your name for you @Shadow. If you so choose.

1 Like

Thanks Macawi, I might look into that :slightly_smiling_face:

I believe the best solution would be for all of us to wait the new guild wars changes. Then, we could organize a series of PvP matches between same-named players for the right to use it. :wink:
There can be only one!