Retreat button disabled on AI turn

Platform, device version and operating system:
Steam, PC

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was expecting to be able to retreat in ranked PvP while the AI turn is active. Unfortunately, this no longer seems to be possible as of update 4.6, the Retreat button is grayed out until it is your own turn again.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every time since update 4.6.

Steps to make it happen again
Play ranked PvP, try to leave the battle while a loop team keeps on looping.

8 Likes

Thanks I’ve informed the team!

This is the most frustrating bug that’s ever escaped. It’s particularly frustrating since one of the biggest complaints for the past 2 years has been “I wish the game didn’t slow to 1x while I was in a menu.”

Sometimes I wonder if we’re not in a The Producers situation. Maybe there’s some other game the devs wish they could be working on, if only people would stop playing GoW and let them out of their contract. But no matter what they do, people don’t quit, and they’re stuck working on iteration after iteration.

3 Likes

Just wait for how frustrating it will get next week with the Zaejin kingdom event. Players will finally have all pieces available to build goblin teams that the AI is guaranteed to loop forever once started, possibly as early as after a single match. That’s going to be a real treat, it will be painfully obvious at which point you are going to lose, you’ll still be forced to sit it out for several minutes.

This annoys me every single battle and devs still consider it as feature. :roll_eyes: