[Reported] Underspire Path Error

Platform, device version and operating system:
Playstation 4 (10.71)

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Played this Underspire node and completed the fight. Game throws an error everytime, and forces a restart. Occurred three time in a row, before I gave up on trying to finish the event.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Happens everytime I try to progress down this path in Underspire. It is literally unplayable for me.

Steps to make it happen again
To make it occur again all I have to do is play that battle in Underspire, and win. Game throws error, forces a restart, and I lose a torch without the battle showing completed.

1 Like

Location of corrupted battle in Underspire:

2 Likes

Hey, I’m very sorry this happened and it was so close to weekly reset especially.

I’ll DM you to get your invite code from you so we can make this up to you.

The team have already pushed a fix for this a hair before weekly reset as soon as they saw the error occurring.

1 Like

Xbox Series X, 10.0.22321.4918

Screenshot or image:

After winning should have exposed the path.
Instead after winning got the Error CLIFFY- and game restarted

Happened on two rooms and everytime attempting the rooms again. The same fight ends the same way with the error and restart. I went down the other paths hoping the boss would be down one of them but ended up finding another room with the same problem. Was unable to progress past the first stone area. I could not upload multiple screen shots but both rooms were showing all Ogre.

Simply fight either of the two rooms again.

1 Like

I have a pretty good idea what might be causing the issue. Underspire pulls rooms from other parts of the game, e.g. Tower of Doom and Delve. It’s quite likely a new room got added, possibly the start/end room for the upcoming Mydnight Delve, and it hasn’t been excluded from the Underspire map generator. The troops for that room aren’t active yet, so the client picks the fallback Ogres instead. The server rejects the battle result with a Cliffy error, because it is confused about the data it receives from the client.

There have been several new bug reports incoming. It looks like just about everybody has corrupted rooms in their map this week at random locations.

Edit: Screenshot provided by @USSEG, posting it here for additional information.

Apparently “Red Guardian” is one of the predicted new rooms that breaks Underspire, anybody who has it in their map on a critical path will get locked out from progressing.

Edit 2: It’s not Delve rooms. There was a content drop on Sunday that added ROOM_16167 to ROOM_16202, all following the naming pattern “[GEM COLOR] Guardian [RARITY]” (e.g. “Green Guardian Legendary”). Possibly some new game mode that didn’t get walled off properly.

Interesting side node, the Underspire issue also started showing up on Sunday, which suggests that the Underspire layout isn’t entirely pre-generated, at least the actual battles get pulled on-the-fly. Removing the new rooms should fix the issue for all those who haven’t discovered one of them yet, all other players probably need some fix to their event profile.

13 Likes

Xbox Series X, 10.0.22321.4918

Screenshot or image:

After winning should have exposed the path.
Instead after winning got the Error CLIFFY- and game restarted

Happened on two rooms and everytime attempting the rooms again. The same fight ends the same way with the error and restart. I went down the other paths hoping the boss would be down one of them but ended up finding another room with the same problem. Was unable to progress past the first stone area. I could not upload multiple screen shots but both rooms were showing all Ogre. Didnt happe the last two that I know of, but didnt play the last one

Simply fight either of the two rooms again.

1 Like

See other bug report: [Reported] Underspire Path Error

1 Like

2 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

@USSEG
Please try restarting Gems of War and let me know if this issue still occurs for you

This was in last weeks Underspire. I have not tried this weeks yet

iPhone 13mini,
v: 7.0.0r50224.

Underspire. A mandatory path battle (2nd, directly after 3rd gate) is forcing a restart upon win; 4 ogre battle. Game presents error code (pictured) and restarts. The battle consumes a torch, and though the battle is won, no progress is registered. Have wasted 4 torches on the same battle.
Progress or completion in Underspire game mode is impossible.

Happens every time after completing this battle. First attempted this battle within an hour before reset. Same error even after manually closing app and restarting.

Win this battle in underspire against 4 ogres.

from what I’m reading, the issue is probably that the game failed to generate a ‘valid room’; Four ogres seems to be the games default team if a defined team is missing. If anyone remembers, there was a bounty week that was entirely ogres for the same reason.

Essentially, the game generates an ‘empty’ room and then is forced to fill it with ogres, but on win has no room to go to next.

1 Like

See [Reported] Underspire Path Error

Is this issue still happening? Just wondering if buying torch / lantern packs will be a waste.