[Reported] Underspire Endless Corridor Returns!

Platform, device version and operating system: Xbox latest version

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Underspire dead end supposed to be no more than 6 off Main Path. This one went 11 (and no Guardian :cry:)

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
I haven’t seen a dead end longer than 6 in a while.

Steps to make it happen again
I don’t actively seek dead ends (until Dia’s dead) and I’ve known the “Rule of 6” before it was even code-enforced but curiosity got the best of me.

11 Likes

yep, that dead end sure is longer than 6 lol. Is that last room an actual dead end or does it turn?

2 Likes

No turn just a common Rat Nest :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Their explanation (excuse) is that you can have a “junction” that goes straight ahead so it’s not a long path but a short path that goes on straight twice. :grimacing:

I suppose they don’t know how to fix those edge cases (as that seemingly always happens on the upper or lower edge), or don’t care to do that.

I hear what you’re saying but even multi-junction paths don’t go longer than 6 from MP now so that doesn’t explain 11 off. Like I said I just did it “for science” but their fix isn’t exactly what they wrote it is.

1 Like

That is a waste of a lot of good torches :cry:

2 Likes

No, that was actually the explanation.

Your path goes 6 ahead, then there is a “junction” and the path goes on - straight ahead.

It does absolutely not make any sense but that’s what they said.

It’s just a straight path to everyone else. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

And nobody bought the explanation back then, because an endless corridor is just a tunnel that keeps repeating. This one keeps repeating as long as it hugs the wall, it doesn’t show up anywhere else.

I wonder why it so often has to be such an awful struggle to get bugs addressed that didn’t get fixed properly the first time. It’s almost as if some dev is taking it as personal insult whenever someone points out something still doesn’t work. Like the previous bug report, this one seems to be stuck in the void.

7 Likes

Yeah I’m not looking for freebies or anything just make it make sense lol - I :heart: Underspire! As a “lower-upper-midgamer” (1350 just got Dia) the rewards are juicy and the Guardian add now makes dead ends (almost) worth the extra squeeze.

Yeah, of course no one bought it. It doesn’t make sense. It’s just straight ahead.

I’d have more respect if they said they weren’t able to fix outliers like edge corridors (yet) so they may be longer than 6 steps. But this explanation of theirs was of course bogus.

No, it didn’t make sense because it violated a different design rule that branching paths are never more than 6 rooms from the main path total.

1 Like

It doesn’t make sense for both reasons.

No one would say an uninterrupted path that only goes straight ahead has junctions.

So not “no” but “also”. :wink:

Here’s another one:

Same pattern, a far too long tunnel hugging the map border.

2 Likes

Question about that - does this include all branches? Because I don’t think it does, pretty sure I had paths that were more than 6 all in all. It’s just for one branch, right?

So one branch could be 6 steps long and the other 5 from the main path?

If you know where the main path is, there is NEVER supposed to be ANY room more than 6 fights away from it, period. That is how the devs were supposed to have programmed.

4 Likes

That’s how we were told it was (re)programmed

Hello :slight_smile:

Thank you for the screencapture.

I’ve let the development team know about this issue!

@McDoubleDad
For further investigation, a couple of quick questions.

• Have you encountered any Treasure Guardian Rooms at all? (No rooms at all?)
  • Please provide your Invite Code
1 Like

Hi @Bramble! Yeah I’ve encountered a few TGRs (no troop cards yet but I know it’s Hoard Mimic 2.0 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). Invite code is JOHN STAMOS_9TD2

1 Like

The whole thing with their “that’s a branch” got me all confused. :sweat_smile:

I guess the claim was kind of that it branches off at a point so both “branches” have the correct length - only that there are no branches, obviously. Or maybe I missed some information along the way.

But yeah, it should not be longer, and a junction that doesn’t create an actual branch (due to there being the edge I would guess) should not exist. It isn’t a thing anyone would recognize as a branched off path.

1 Like

Didn’t spend the gems to go to the very end. I suppose it would have gone to the corner of the map as well, like OP’s did.

5 Likes