[Reported] Suna not boosted by medals in Festival of the Sun event

Platform, device version and operating system:

PC/Mobile

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

Suna should be getting a 160% boost from the Medal of Summer and is not.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?

Always. Since it started.

Steps to make it happen again

Cast Suna in the with a Medal of Summer equipped.

Additional Information

I tested Faerie Fire and it increases life drain damage so I assume the medal should as well. It is still spell damage.

Thank you to GANZALT-liebevoll-verpeilt on the community server for pointing it out.

Edit - Adding another topic with more possible info.

12 Likes

This seems to be related to the fact that only skills explicitly described as “damage” are buffed.
Suna’s skill “steals” life, so it’s not increased.

2 Likes

Faerie Fire causes enemies to take 50% more damage from “damaging spell effects” and DOES multiply the “life steal” from Suna. So Medal of Summer is 100% bugged as it’s treating Suna’s life steal as not spell damage even though Faerie Fire does.

8 Likes

I completely agree! Just an observation as to what this might be at a deeper level.

Hey thanks for writing about this.

This is happening due to the way Steal Life is classified and interacts with the current Medal system. We’re going to try to push a fix in for this for the next game update version 4.9 (I can’t confirm it will definitely make it in to the next update but we’re going to do our best to get it in in time).

9 Likes

Platform, device version and operating system:

Steam

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

It’s supposed to increase spell damage done, but it only affects damage that is explicitly called damage in the ability. If my Dawnbringer is supposed to do 50 damage to all enemies, it actually does 130. But Suna’s ability reads “steal X life” and it only steals X life, not X*2.6

“damaging spell effects”

A troop with faerie fire on it WILL lose extra life from Suna’s Bask though

So how come stealing life is considered spell damage for Faerie Fire but it isn’t considered spell damage for Medal of Summer?

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every time

Steps to make it happen again
Use Medal of Summer and Suna.

4 Likes

Once upon a time time Sunas cast wasn’t buffed by Faerie Fire.
I haven’t tested it myself. But if it is now buffed like any other damage. Then yeah this is just a failure to make the same mechanic work with medals. Understandable slip up months from now. An embarrassing one to introduce a new mechanic with.
If I remember right, it’ll require a client update to fix. So unfortunately we are most likely stuck with it as is this week.
Don’t be surprised if a dev says “working as intended” right now. Then 6 months from a ninja patch is done that makes Sunas cast buffed by Medal of Summer.

Same report from earlier so that in case a Dev comes across one they can have the info from both.

1 Like

That’s what I figured Redi, but faerie fire 100% boosts Suna’s damage, and faerie fire says the exact same thing as the medal: spell damage. So why does Faerie Fire count life steal as spell damage from medal doesn’t? Bugged.

1 Like

More BS that nobody is meant to understand.

1 Like

How is stealing life NOT spell damage boosted by the medal you want us to spend gems on to boost the game? Another April fool from the Kings of duplicity.

1 Like