Mana burn does not count as spell damage?

The new world event has troops that mana burn.

I think it’s funny that mana burn is a spell that does damage to troops but does not count as spell damage as far as the event medal is concerned.

9 Likes

Example (7s):

I realised you can’t see my equipped Medals, but assume it’s either 2 Event Badges or 1 Event Medal – but it wouldn’t matter in either case since it doesn’t affect the spell damage.

I guess ideally the video would show a different spell being affected as well, but not Mab. Soz :man_shrugging:.

4 Likes

Bump.

The current world event highlights the sorry state of mana burn : 3 troops and one weapon dealing it, 87 troops and 2 classes immune. No medal boost is adding insult to injury.

3 Likes

Same shit as it was in the case of life steal. A whole campaign went by without life steal being considered spell dmg.
Spells has some strange categorization in this game.

I didn’t try life steal in any campaign. But I’m sure Life and Death did tremendous spell damage (life steal) in one of the world events that I use dit in. Not sure when.

It does feel perfectly logical, that if I hit someone with my axe it’s a spell, because the Magical pixies deliver the hit across the screen. But mana burn… hmm…

They fixed it after the first campaign, so now when you can take a life stealer troop or weapon you are unstoppable in the world event.

EDIT: I found the bug report

2 Likes