[Reported] Merlantis access is bugged

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was expecting to be able to open Merlantis as long as it is visible.

Instead I have to move it so it’s between the hero icon and the campaign icon, or I’ll have to force the game into portrait mode.

It will then move the map so Merlantis is next to the campaign etc items before opening it.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every time when Merlantis is next to the campaign etc icons.

Started with the new update.

Steps to make it happen again
Try opening Merlantis when it’s next to the campaign etc icons. Repeated tapping dies nothing.

Move the map and opening it will work.

3 Likes

Before the update, I already experienced occasional “dead spots” in the top kingdoms (Glacial Peaks, Khaziel, Stormheim), when they were roughly near the medal bar (though I could not clearly localise the positions where that would happen).

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

Thank you for letting us know about this issue.

I’ve created a report about the Merlantis Kingdom and let the development team know about this issue! :slight_smile:

Please let us know if this issue is happening on other platforms!

Same with the Dhrak-Zum on the right side

2 Likes

Same with Illithia and Fang Moor in the Underworld

1 Like

They just need to add a buffer to the maps, like 50px or something.

Edit: Actually, I don’t have this issue on my device, so I must have a bigger screen than you.

sylverscale, did you try zooming in the map (2 fingers on the screen and then move them apart) and then go over to Merlantis. That should let you access it.

2 Likes

Yes depends on the screen

1 Like

I can access it, but it has to be positioned “correctly”, or I have to use portrait mode.

Should be easier than having a kingdom at an exact point on the map.

1 Like

Dhrak-Zum, Hellcrag and Blighted Lands suffer from the same thing on mobile. It’s very, VERY difficult to hit the right spot to activate the kingdom menu.
Alpaca

4 Likes

Platform, device version and operating system:
Mobile

Screenshot or image:
Not relevant

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I tried to select Blighted Lands on the main map but the icons on the right and their timers make this almost impossible without zooming the map, is it possible to reduce their size and to remove the timers? Hellcrag and other kingdoms on the right border of the map have the same problem, same for Illithia and other factions in the underworld

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always, in particular if there are timers on the right menu icons

Steps to make it happen again
Zooming is the only way to select easily these kingdoms/faction on mobile, otherwise it’s very hard and frustrating

4 Likes

Just to add that I also find this issue on Android, as well as with the other kingdoms placed along the edge, including Merlantis on the opposite side, even without timers.

1 Like

yep, clicking some kingdoms on mobile needs several attempts now or are really impossible.
new UI design is okay on PC, but horrible on mobile

3 Likes

@Kafka @Jeto @Bramble
Any feedback about this problem?
It is very uncomfortable to play on mobile with these hard to reach kingdoms

2 Likes

It is happening to me too. I am using Android on a Moto G8 Power

Mobile, Galaxy Note 9, Android

I was trying to access illithia in the Underworld to improve my hoard prior to the Faction Assault.
The new UI covers it too much and it won’t open on mobile.

It’s consistent after restarting the application and the device. I know the Faction Assault screen doesn’t have a way to reach the target Faction for improvements or spending chaos shards either.

1 Like

If you zoom to maximum icon size you should be able to click on it without problems, but, in general, this is an annoyance that shouldn’t have happened in the first place.

1 Like

This may affect all platforms.

Kingdoms located around the periphery of the World Map are also likewise impacted: Blighted Lands, Merlantis (again?) and Hellcrag.

Switch at least has the option of controller input, but yeah this is super inconvenient. and it is noticeably more prominent now than before.

Easiest option: Can’t they make the map screen art a little wider on the sides so there’s a bit more padding around these peripheral kingdoms and factions?

2 Likes

Dhrak-Zum also

Hello :slight_smile:

Thank you for the screencapture.

Please note that I have merged the two threads as this is a currently known issue with the development team.

I will make sure nudge the development team again about this issue.

3 Likes