[Reported] Ironhawk Bugged

Whenever I use Ironhawk on a team it crashes my game. I can finish the match, but I don’t get the Victory screen and I cannot exit the match. I have to Alt+Tab to manually close the game from my desktop. This happens on two different PC’s. The game and my drivers are all up to date.

I didn’t manage to replicate this playing explore 1 with Sister Superior, Dust Devil and double Ironhawk.

Where are you playing and what team are you using?

If we can narrow down exactly when it happens it’ll likely get fixed more quickly.

Several other people reported this on Reddit as well. Common link seems to be Ironhawk, although 1 player didn’t specify if they used Ironhawk or not.

My hawk bombards to death the last enemies before the ability is activated and the game just stops there. No frozen, since the small animations are still there, but I can’t even retreat

Same thing happened to me the other day with iron hawk.

Same but with a different team

Also, these other 2 bug reports looks like the same issue:

1 Like

I’m using the following team to level the Dragonguard class:

[1001,6991,6991,6638,3047,2,1,2,0,0,0,0,14014]

Everything was working fine until about a week ago.

1 Like

I think, this is an old bug re-surfacing. Sounds kind of familiar; must have been unfixed by the update.

It seems to only happen, if the selected spell needs a specific target.

1 Like

I have replicated the issue now.

• Use G3MCR4CK3R’s team Scout’s Bow, Ironhawk, Ironhawk, Leprechaun (team code above) in Explore level 1 in a kingdom that double Ironhawk can handle (watch out for weekly bonuses etc). I used Wild Plains.
  • Cast Leprechaun first.
  • Take mana if needed to fill Scout’s Bow.
  • Cast Scout’s Bow, then the enemy troops are all killed by Ironhawk and the game hangs.

If the second cast is Leprechaun then the battle is won as expected.

With the weapon changed to Hunter’s Spear the problem does not happen. That targets a random enemy rather than a chosen enemy. G3MCR4CK3R, you might want to use that as a workaround.

So as Jerog says, it appears to happen with spells that need a specific target when Ironhawk has killed all the targets. (And yes, it feels kinda familiar.)

2 Likes

Thank you for your assistance with this. I am currently using the following team (as suggested) for a workaround:

[1003,6991,6991,6638,3062,2,1,2,0,0,0,0,14014]

It seems to be working fine now. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

@Dank

Please confirm if your replication crashed your Gems of War, or if you got frozen in the Victory screen like in the original report?

Android (Note20 Ultra),

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Last enemy had 4hp and Ironhawk killed him with Artillery Support trait before. It was triggered by me selecting my hero with a weapon (Runic Sword). Game froze, I assume it still was waiting for me to select enemy, but there is noone to select… I hoped it will just show victory screen and move on

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Few time already, always after Ironhawk kills the last enemy with it’s trait and when I tried to use unit that requires selecting an enemy - like Runic Sword for example

Steps to make it happen again
Have Ironhawk in your team with all traits, (I’ve placed him on the 4th spot). Have hero with Runic Sword (1st spot on my team) or similar weapon that requires selecting enemy. Drop down last enemy to <= 5hp. Select hero unit. Enemy should got killed by Ironhawk trait. Should freeze game - not going to Victory screen. You still should be able to enter settings and such.

1 Like

The game hangs without reaching the victory screen, as described in the original report. It is possible to open the settings and click on Retreat, but the battle does not end.

Here’s an example of a stuck screen. I can move the mouse, but I cannot do anything useful.

1 Like

I’ve looked around for a few old Ironhawk bugs. Not the same stuff, but possibly related.

Hmm, that screenshot is not softlocked at the “Select an enemy” prompt (screen darkened except for stats / available targets if any), which is technically distinct from the older reports.