[Reported] Darkstone Epic Trials Error (not Cliffy)

**Platform, device version and operating system:**Xbox (Series X)

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Completed battle for the Level 250 Epic Trial in Darkstone and the game froze on the above screen after I killed the last enemy troop. I was unable to continue even though the button shows it’s currently selected. Had to close and restart the game. The Epic Trial is showing as complete but I didn’t get the rewards from the battle or a copy of the pet. Didn’t get the offer to buy more copies either.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Started today 3/18/24 and this is the first time it has happened. I can’t replay the Level 250 Epic Trial to attempt again and I don’t want to do the Level 275 Epic Trial in case it happens again and I get screwed out of another copy of the pet.

Steps to make it happen again
Start an Epic Trial battle. I don’t know if it will do it again, it didn’t do it on the Level 225 battle. I already had all of the regular trial battles completed.

1 Like

I had this happen to me as well on the 250 battle. I finished out the rest of the epic trial fights without incident.

1 Like

This shouldn’t be related but just to rule it out, did you play the Epic Trial by going through the Games menu?
Or did you start it by opening the Kingdom Menu?

I’ll send you both a copy of the pet today.

Can you please both check for the Hotfix update and make sure you have it installed and then let us know if this happens again.

2 Likes

@Kafka The time I had the error, through the games menu. The rest of them, I went through the kingdom menu. To be clear, I don’t need the pet, I had enough of the pet from previous darkstone weeks to max it, so I wasn’t going to buy it anyway.

Edit: Also, I’m playing on PC/Mobile, while the original poster is reporting on XBOX (X).

Edit 2: I’m still on version 7.4.0r58894.

1 Like

Version version 7.4.0r58894 is the hotfix, so if it happens again now I would definitely want to know.

We suspect the cause of this issue is resolved with the hotfix, this is just a new presentation of it.

1 Like

I will qualify that I don’t know if I had been on this version when the incident occurred. I had to restart the game afterwards to continue playing and the hotfix might have initiated then. Unfortunately, I just don’t have records that detailed.

1 Like

I am on version 7.4.0r58463 on the Xbox. Currently playing on a Series X console. Was a hotfix rolled out for Xbox? I didn’t have an option to update the game.

I had first played through the games screen and played the Level 225 battle, but had then backed out. I went through the Kingdom when I started the Level 250 battle and then got that error at the end.

I don’t know if I have my gamertag for Xbox linked to the forums account here, I think my invite code is on my profile, but does that overlap with other versions of the game?

EDIT: Nevermind, I closed the game again and restarted my Xbox, when it restarted I checked again and it now showed an update, I am now on version 7.4.0r58894.

1 Like

Ok, let me know if you get it again now that you have the latest version installed but that should have fixed it.

I checked and it looks like you were able to get the copies of Starry Trogpole for those battles so I sent you the crashed battle comp (gold, souls, glory).

3 Likes

Thank you. I honestly couldn’t tell if I had gotten in. I figured since it never went to the rewards screen. And I had to dashboard and close the game that it would instead count as a lose and I wouldn’t get anything. As that’s what happened in other modes previously when its locked up there and wouldn’t progress to the rewards screen.

1 Like

Uploading: wx_camera_1710754711217.jpg…
metoo in NS

@winnie you got the Pet for the battle as well, the crash must have happened after the battle results and rewards were submitted.