Rakshanin Double Glory Event

This guy ^ has my play style.

1 Like

Yay! I’m not alone :joy:

1 Like

New troop just slows you down… not worth 3 more glory per fight imo… at least not for someone that has access to superior weapons of mass destruction.

2 Likes

I can not agree to that. I have mine at level 5 and it can swing for just over half a person’s health. I put mine in an under leveled goblin team as well which really makes him shine even without traits. Very good in my opinion when it is acting like bone dragon with out the skulls and Armour gain

2 Likes

It depends on what you got… for low level players I think its a great troop… I’m pretty high level and got access to most of the best stuff. Compared to my most effective lineups he’s a deadweight.

1 Like

I agree.
It was the same with Runesmith during that other mini event two weeks ago.

Still, it is nice to see these things to try and provide more variation in gameplay. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah a lot of troops that are great early on are ineffective at higher levels.

2 Likes

Perhaps however i would think that it would scale in effectiveness. Even though i am using it at level 5, i am going against troops that are maxed out with 30 to 50 health.

1 Like

I have to disagree with you. I am one of those higher level guys, and the new troop is wonderfull. The stronger the enemy gets, more damage our trigger does.

4 Likes

I’m sure it is nice, but I don’t see a way to modify either of my 2 favourite teams and improve it by adding Rakshanin.

So whatever I do, I’m compromising my chance to win if I add the new troop.

I currently use:

[1]
Great maw***
Mercy***
Infernal King**
Sheggra*
(double yellow banner)

and

[2]
Sroceror hero with Black Manacles* (level 740ish)
Valkyrie***
Green Slime***
Keeper of Souls** (interchangable with Bone Dragon* for me, but I prefer Keeper because of the user control to the skull spawning in the troops spell)
(double purple banner)

I see no way to make a better team by subbing in Rakshanin, do you? And I haven’t quite figured out what completely different team built around the new troop would work as well as the 2 teams listed above…

1 Like

Yeah I was going to say if raks is so great what are the lineups you are using him in. Heck I just started using gorgotha teraxis behemoth and sooth at the moment… not too shabby.

1 Like

Goblin team with a subbed in raksha works for me. in the thread based on teams there are many. mine is there too.

1 Like

Yeah Raksha works fine in a lot of those mid level lineups.

1 Like

You understood this wrong. You can’t always use your standard team, and just replace 1 of your troops with raksha (it could work but not with every team). You build a team that uses him. He is far better troop then runesmith, and i bet you found a way to put him in too, when the event was based around him.
I personally switched 1 of the troops from my main team for raksha.
I usually use
Soothsayer***
Crimson Bat
Valkyria***
Crimson Bat
Double yellow banner.

Now I replaced soothsayer (since he is not essential part of that team anyway and just organized the order a bit different).
Now it’s:
Crimson Bat
Valkyria***
Raksha*
Crimson Bat
Double yellow.
Princip is the same, you fill valkyria with 2 matches of yellow at most, she fills bats, they do damage and tank up. Do it 2-3 times and you won the game. Raksha is there just for extra poke, but mostly just to be included. And he goes behind valkyria so he doesn’t block her yellow mana.

1 Like

I wished he had some kind of secondary effect, extra turn on kill, attack gain on spell, or the empowered trait instead of fast, pretty much anything to give him some edge, worth playing more. As it stands he is just a very basic single target damage troop with a complicated mechanic for an average damage spell with no secondary effects.

I absolutely love the art, and while i know as an event ultra rare chances for him to be really great were slim i still wished he had something to justify keep using him after this event…and yes i am biased, i loved tigers ever since i was a little child, which is a looong time ago.

Anyways enough rambling … happy to see another weekly event so soon after the last. I am enjoying this one, as i did the runesmith one, keep it up Devs!

2 Likes

Actually I didn’t. I tried it for about 15-20 matches, and then I went back to functional teams without a 4th, deadweight troop. :slight_smile:

That’s actually quite a nice line-up. That one might work as well as your original one. :smiley:

1 Like

Try the first one too, it is wonderful (even more if you get traits on bat, but even without is great). And I’m glad that you like it.
Oh btw when facing goblins I go:
Gobchomper***
Gobchomper***
Alchemist**
Raksha*
+2 red banner.
Comments on that team? Nom, nom, nom.

2 Likes

I’m currently using a full Wildfolk Team + Hero with only one color overlap.

Hero (Single Color Weapon of Your Choosing)
Shadow Hunter
Rakshanin
Barbearius (Can substitute for Salamander or Chimera)

+2 Attack, +1 Life & Armor for having 2 Pridelanders and 3 Wildfolk.

1 Like

I had added Rakshanin in my current team, but it just slows it down and I don’t use his skill when is mana fills up so I modified an old team to make Rakshanin useful.

Behemoth, Shadow-hunter, Valkyrie, Rakshanin. Double yellow banner. 3 traits on all troops.

Fill up Valkyrie to fill up behemoth and maybe shadow hunter at same time. Behemoth knocks out some armor to set up shadow hunter 1-hit finish kill. Anything under 26 HP Rakshanin takes out.

I use to use druid instead of Rakshanin and brown troop with stoneskin for tank, but with Behemoth doing damage to everyone and +4 health on 4/5 matches, he can fill in for tank and shield strip and finisher. Then I can have Rakshanin as a targeted killer, that was the one drawback of Druid.

I feel Rakshanin should do a little bit more, maybe diseased.

1 Like

Your raksha team counters mine. QQ sniff.[quote=“sarcasmjew, post:38, topic:6010”]
full Wildfolk Team + Hero
[/quote]

nice lineup[quote=“Mariox, post:39, topic:6010”]
bit more
[/quote]

Think of his effect as if a goblin with no extra turn and variable damage instead of a set value.

1 Like