Raid boss Questions and answers

Does playing Gems of War in my dreams count as overtime?

6 Likes

Sure it count!! :slight_smile: but if you count gems instead of sheep maybe there is a problem :stuck_out_tongue:

@Mithran, Sirrian is trying to take your titleā€¦ :rofl:

2 Likes

Based on the teams you use Cyrup. Iā€™d call them nightmares. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Quick clarification on the philosophy of costs / rewards / leaderboards / sigils and the Raid Boss shopā€¦

REWARDS
Unlike Guild Wars, where there are some big Gem rewards for the top places, most of the rewards in the new events are not Gems, but other things - good things though! The end rewards include quite a few Orbs, while mid-tier rewards are all kinds of things including extra diamonds and even a Vault Key. Thereā€™s Gold & Souls & Traitstones in there too, sprinkled around - you can check it out when the event goes live. By our valuation, most guilds should benefit more in GEM VALUE from these events than Guild Wars, but not in actual Gems.

TIERS & COSTS
Nowā€¦ the costing of the tiersā€¦ as you know, a full Sentinel upgrade in GW costs 340 Gems.

The tiered-shop in Raid Boss (& Invasion) hits Tier 3 at 30+70+150=250 Gems, and Tier IV at 30+70+150+250=500 Gems, so it falls either side of that Guild Wars upgrade amount.

An organized high-level guild should be able to go in for Stage 3 (250 Gems) and be able to get 90% complete on the event if they have a lot of perfect runs. The total Gem Value of the rewards they receive should be greater than what they would have received from Guild Wars.

If a lot of members of that Guild went in for Tier 4, then they should be able to hit 100% of the rewards if they get a lot of perfect runs. Warning though - those runs get VERY hard at higher levels. Weā€™ll keep an eye on results, and if we HAVE set targets too high, we can adjust them down in future weeks.

LEADERBOARDS
The Leaderboards on Raid Boss & Invasion are intended to be icing on the cakeā€¦ they shouldnā€™t really be the focus of the event for most folks, I hope. The rewards here are small (though there is an Orb of Power for first place). I have no doubt a few people might chase this, but warning: you can chase this with Gems! Our game has relatively few elements like this, and Iā€™m okay with one or two being addedā€¦ there is PLENTY of free stuff to do in Gems of War, and tons of ways to win completely for freeā€¦ THIS leaderboard is not necessarily one of them though. But donā€™t worry, itā€™s not our intention to let this become a future focus of the game. At the same time, it is nice that we can have something in game for paying players AS WELL AS free players.

SIGILS & THE SHOP
We wanted to make these events more about the cooperation with the guild, rather than the individual effort. As such, there are Sigils in every Tier of the shopā€¦ but we want the purchase of these to be more about helping your guild achieve goals you might JUST be short on.
There will be plenty of Valravens in the event who drop energy tooā€¦ so good tactical play will net you more extra energy than purchasing Tiers in the shop.

Hope that helps answer a few questions!

24 Likes

But the valraven only appear during the raid boss battle or they appear from any mode? Im a little confuse about that

With the current nerfed Vault Key rewards? ehā€¦ not sure if its that exciting of a prizeā€¦

1 Like

Everything used to be acquired for free in GoWā€¦ Paying just made things easier and faster.
Many of us have felt since last year that the game was becoming more and more P2W. But I think it is the first time that the devs openly admit it.
It is sadā€¦
What is a point of competing if it is a question of money?
I have put more money in GoW than in ny other game. But those days are long gone and wonā€™t come back.

24 Likes

Yup itā€™s sad but i warned you guys, nobody believed me :frowning:

1 Like

From the rewards on the first two tiers spending gems on tiers looks reasonable.

Most players in top guilds get 230 gems(?) a week from guild task and 100s (?) from tribute so maxing to third / fourth tier is achievable.

This does introduce some competitive spend tension between VIP keys, event keys and tiers to spend gems, however I think that is fair. I like the need to make choices similar to glory/ event key decisions.

I also like that those who pay do get an advantage somewhere in the game. Someone has to pay for content and they should get an advantage and this game is a long way from pay to win

2 Likes

its been pay to win for a long time, but what are tower troops, the raid event troops for that week or what?

1 Like

Tower are use in invasion

1 Like

How is the game pay to win. I am VIP 6 just to support the game not for an advantage.

$150 gets me three mythics but I own all mythics and an average of two to three of all of them. So all that stuff is free.

There are no pay gatesā€¦ no timers ā€¦ and the only way it is pay to win is early game (acceleration of play) or if your mentality is I need 100 percent of content now

8 Likes

well why the hell are they still a task for the last 3 days when the producers know about it?

another way of reducing resourcesā€¦ impossible tasks

1 Like

@Stripy it going to cost that for every other mode also,
Bounty invasion vault etc, they can be 2 event per week so it will cost 1000 gems every week to reach the last tier

1 Like

Thatā€™s not a small advantage. The leaderboard will be reserved to the ones who can buy all the tiers.
And thatā€™s a lot of gems required. Surely more than 2k gems by weekā€¦

3 Likes

Sirrian described Tier 3 & 4 but it doesnā€™t mean that they are the last tiersā€¦

4 Likes

at least the games becoming more honest lol

1 Like

I believe this is a bug and it shouldnā€™t appear in your daily task since invasion is only next week

1 Like

It is a leaderboard which gets a prize of 1 orb?

Hardly material and I can save gems for a couple of weeks to compete free if I wantā€¦

Cant do it every week but I can do it. Since the gem nerf (while maxing guild war statues) my gems have increased by 5000

1 Like