PvP points should be the same for everyone

This is his other post that I think provides a better solution than just making the 3T slot ~50 points without caring about how difficult the opponent is.

If you do that, I think end-gamers would have an unfair advantage (along the “I’ve worked hard for this and I deserve it” lines) compared to new players and everyone else, and it could shut newer players out of the (not particularly attractive) Leaderboard, or make them feel like the game is rigged against them for not already being end game.

Making the score range for opponents considered to be ‘worthy’ (and therefore with good Gold/Point payouts) as Mithran puts it, wider as your Max Power score increases, rather than a static number as he’s observed, might be a good option to help with this:

I also think that if Weapon upgrades and Hero Champion levels are going to impact team power scores as much as they do,

Then they should be more balanced.

For example, a Hero with Lightning Strike selected would have the same Power contribution as one with Elven Sentries – “All Elves gain 1 Magic and Attack at the start of a battle”.

The +9 on your Rope Dart, if you have it, contributes the same as the +9 on your Mang.

Otherwise, something more dynamic akin to what Slypenslyde suggested,

or perhaps a Global record with teams featuring 3 of the same troops,

might be more appropriate.