Punishing Journey nerf incoming

gemsof-todd

But seriously, … yes, I actually can understand that response. To be a fly on that wall when the decisions were made…

Sometimes you don’t know how to fix something until it gets broken, but the team still deserves some criticism for actually breaking it first. The design team didn’t just “double down” on this pattern so much as triple-, quadruple-, quintuple- and sextuple-downed on it. To be fair, I can understand (even respect) the desire to “finish the job” of similar Troops across all six Mana colors, but on the other – this is not how the “fail faster” mantra is supposed to work!

(Or if we want another two words to describe how something small can disproportionately impact the wider game as a whole: “corrupted blood”)

I disagree that it is “great” to begin with – yes it feels great to exploit it in your favor, and there’s a decent conversation to be had about whether they are “really” stronger or weaker than other top-tier looping teams. But again, the ONLY viable answer after they start looping is to Freeze the looper, which can be quickly circumvented if the looping team has easy access to Cleanse (Queen Beetrix) or Bless (Cursebreaker weapons? Wand of Stars?). The other answer is of course to kill at least one Troop (and unlike other looping teams, it does not matter which one), but Prevention is not Counterplay.

8 Likes