Bolt from the Blue

Originally published at: Bolt from the Blue – Gems of War

New Guide Troop: Huntmaster Arborius Huntmaster Arborius will be available in the Journey Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. Please note the Pathfinder trait is a unique Trait, this means the Trait cannot be stacked with itself, and only one Troop with the Pathfinder trait will…

Let’s be real, it has to be better than the old teams…

Old Player Team:
Asha
Dragon Eggs
Essencia
Baby Dragon

Old Enemy Team:
Dragotaur
Couatl
Dragon Eggs
The Dragon Soul

The player team is pretty mid. It has 2 sources of damage to all enemies (Red Ahriman needs to pick green to do that), and Sylf and Dragotani might be able to do cast → cast → loop-cast kind of thing. ] There’s also a Dragon Eggs, so players might be ok.

The enemy team is intimidating at first, but is also kinda non-sensical. You’d hate to see Dragotaur in first slot, as it can be threatening if it can get a few casts off. Shouldn’t be a problem up until maybe Epic Trial 5. The entire enemy team is green.

Veneratus turns Red to Yellow, which means it can quick fill on Dragonmoth to cast. Magic Christmas land for the enemy, Vene casts and explodes the board via dragon gems into a 13+ red board refill so that Dragonmoth explodes on casts, fills Dragotaur and starts to snowball? Otherwise, if Dragonmoth doesn’t explode, the enemy team doesn’t do anything. yeah idk.

Edit: Matron Dragotani is very bad. Very very bad. Like, first slot let it die bad. 15 mana, low damage output, bad gem spawner, and way too slow. Even if you freeze 3 enemies, creating 12 blue gems with Dragotani doesn’t work out somehow. Needs a redesign from a fundamental level.

2 Likes

grafik

The loot table for troops in Dragon’s Claw event chests is expected to look like this:

Chance Amount Troop
0.11% 1 Elemaugrim, Ishtara, Tihamata
3.2% 1 Divinia, Essencia, Matron Dragotani, The Dragon Soul
12% 1 Asha, Couatl, Dragon Spirit, Lady Garnetia, Lord Ember, Red Ahriman, Sabellius, Sylfrostenath, Thaumaris, Veneratus, Visk, Volthrenax
21.6% 1 Cobalt Drake, Dragonian Monk, Dragonian Rogue, Dragonian Sage, Dragonmoth, Egg Thief
21.6% 2 Dragonette, Dragotaur, Droggo
21.49% 3 Baby Dragon, Dragon Eggs

Unfortunately, event chests have a tendency to be misconfigured, either entirely missing specific mythic troops or containing them at significantly lower than advertised odds. There is no way to know this ahead of spending, and no way to get any kind of refund. If you plan to open event chests, wait till the weekend for the community to find irregularities, this significantly reduces your risk of getting burned.

6 Likes

i wish they would tell us the scoring requirments for each stage prior to reset. this would mean i could post requirements in discord before i go to bed

4 Likes

I’m excited, except Epic Trials has not been working on PS4. Did that get fixed?

“not been working” how? Only issue I am aware of is that the Epic Trial button in the Games menu returns you to the map screen, as has always been happening.

Always works if you access them from the weekly kingdom on the map screen.

I didn’t know. There was a thread about it earlier in the summer and it was marked as reported. It’s a mode I’ve never played in before and when I tried it from the Games menu was sent to the map screen as you say.

When will we get a dragon troop that can burn enemies besides Visk? that way we can make a viable Dragon’s Claw team with Elemaugrim?

“marked as reported” means exactly nothing.

it doesn’t indicate that any dev competent enough to work on the problem has seen it and therefore is aware of the problem, nor does it mean such said dev deems it a problem at all and/or even starts working on the problem or even considers to do so, despite maybe acknowledging the problem. in the end, who knows what the current fixing “priority” really is? it also happens that things are being started to get fixed (at least as of statements in the forum) that maybe “won’t pass testing” and at some point seemingly get abandoned from being fixed (example: daily deal offers). maybe “priorities changed”, we can’t know, because we don’t get answers when we ask about it again.

Despite the given dragon team being mostly useless short-arm t-rex dragons (except of tickle-damage all enemies) for me in endgame status the team had no real problem finishing the epic trials.
I wonder if newer players can even remotely finish.
I wonder if some year-long players can even remotely finish.
But, well, part of the “fun”. So we’ve been force-fed, I mean “told repeatedly”. Don’t know if true yet, I’m not playing multiaccs.

4 Likes

@Jeto
The Journey headstart does not give any visible skill bonuses.

1 Like

Donators robbed again

1 Like

A reasonable solution would be to learn from mistakes.

Lets see if/when it gets fixed/compensated.

3 Likes

Maybe there’s no skill bonus as there’s no skill involved in buying the offer?:joy:

You should post as a bug report to stand a chance if anyone picking it up.

2 Likes

Events are actually harder with a headstart. You get to fight higher levels without the benefits of a power potion (if you buy tiers 1-6) (and with only 1 event troop).

1 Like

@Jeto Thanks for changing the Dragon Trial teams. I had quit playing it because it was a frustrating player team. I enjoy this team much better and am finally making progress in this trial.

2 Likes