The Duel in the Crown

Originally published at: The Duel in the Crown – Gems of War

New Guide Troop: Todd Greenwood Todd Greenwood will be available in the Journey Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. Please note the Pathfinder trait is a unique Trait, this means the Trait cannot be stacked with itself, and only one Troop with the Pathfinder trait will…

3 Likes

Anything new about new tarot in the vault?
From broken spire, khaziel, zhulkari?

6 Likes

Another journey loop troop. *sigh*
There is something decidedly uncreative about all those carbon copy troops and weapons, that only have their colour, attribute or kingdom switched around.
The neon bow look being carried over from Seekra to this new one does not help to avoid that impression either.

Oh, and I bet, we will have a lot of fun with all the bugs, that come with the new “choose your spell effect” feature over the next month.

Since we don’t have a Wargare class yet, for looping to work correctly, no hero team for Journey this time?

It is a bit strange that we have no information on the new wargare hero class from taransworld. Maybe they are having difficulty with the new traits and unsure about what talent trees the new class will have?

(This is completely unlike us having early access to the elementalist and geomancer classes, so something must be going on. We should give them time and be patient.)

Just for fun I’m going to say that the new wargare class will be “hunter” with the following traits:
trait 1-dodge(30% chance to dodge skull damage)
trait 2-fox cunning(start battles with 25% mana)
trait 3-forest surge (summon a leaf storm when my turn begins.

Talent trees will be the following: forest, stone, cunning

Sounds like a pretty good class right?:heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

It’s stranger that there isn’t a news post about the Vulpacea Kingdom Pass?

1 Like

probably after reset

1 Like

grafik

The loot table for troops in Vulpacea event chests is expected to look like this:

Chance Amount Troop
3.2% 1 Voidcaller
12% 1 Harper
21.6% 1 Duelist
21.6% 2 Vulperus
21.6% 3 Red Fox

Event chests don’t contain faction troops, guild wars troops, doom troops, tarot cards and special soulforge troops, even though the official Game Guides suggest otherwise. They have been configured incorrectly in the past. Infinity Plus Two doesn’t compensate for keys wasted due to their mistakes. If you plan to spend a large amount of keys, make sure what you are looking for has already been found by other players.

4 Likes

Being able to cancel the spell during choose a spell on the new troops is neat. One day, if it applied to all troops when picking targets… that’d be nice

2 Likes

I totally missed the joke.

I was expecting something related to Robin Hood (Disney’s Robin Hood is a Red Fox) and Jason Todd (the Robin that was beaten and left to die in an explosion by The Joker).

Todd Greenwood → Todd Green Wood → Robin Green Hood → “Green (Gem) Robin Hood”

1 Like

More likely a reference to this guy?

4 Likes

So another DnD reference? Why am I not surprised? :laughing:

I kinda like how Greenwood is both a reference for this, and the fact that he create a lot of green gems. It also tied to Seekra Darkwood, who create purple.

If the spell theme is an indication for its name, then Chalcedony might be renamed Chalcia Blackmountain if she was released before this two. Lol.

Oh well, Hellcrag have a mineral/gem name theming going on, so Chalcedony fit better instead of shorten it to fit future theme.

For the future, I guess Journey troops with a name like Billy Blueocean, Richard Redlava, or Yuri Yellowstone are a possibility. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It would be really nice to have a Wargare hero… or at least let Warden be part of it for the time being.

I went ahead and did Warden -

Between missing a green storm generator in the wargare and wargare hero, I sorta made it up with a decent team that loops about 70% of the time. And Persistence adds to increase the damage for Todd for the looping nicely.

Wait until friday. I sure do.

As far I see on the Announcements the Class Trials - nothing this week, next 4 weeks after that are Shaman, Monk, WarPriest, and Doomsayer

So no Wargare this week or anytime soon.

New Class will be released on Friday for a Class trial weekend, instead of running a 24 hour Class event like we would normally run on a Thursday.

5 Likes