Problem with PVP counting during reset

Platform, device version and operating system
PS4

Screenshot or image
Gems of War_20180327024134 - YouTube

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
This is simply what you were trying to do and what happened instead.
I was playing a PVP match and it did not count due to the reset I think

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?

So far it only happened once, yet I do not really want to test to see if it will happen again yet I might try during the reset.

Steps to make it happen again
Do you know how to make this happen? Sometimes there are certain steps that can lead to a problem that may not be obvious!
I think being in a match as the reset happens has caused thisā€¦

I just recieved a notice that I should check known issues before posting. Would someone point me to that thread or section so that I can bookmark itā€¦ I have only been playing GOW for a few weeks and and unfamiliar with this forum.

Never mindā€¦ Found this

PVP canā€™t be entered, message ā€œcurrent PVP event has ended and a new one will be beginning shortly.ā€ shows - Will be fixed at 6 pm server reset on the 27th February AEST

Not the exact thing I saw yet seems like the same issueā€¦ I found the link to the know issues hidden in a colored link hereā€¦

https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/gems-of-war-how-to-report-a-bug-or-game-glitch/37013

Then clicking on the words it will take you hereā€¦

https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/3-3-known-issues-pc-mobile-console/36035

Not a bad set up for reporting yet can be very daunting for a new forum posterā€¦ maybe a copy of the link under the colored wording that actually holds the link, because when I got the notice from on my phone the thread telling me to check the known issues was not showing me that the words were actually a linkā€¦

Any Idea when this might be fixed? Iā€™ll try and see if its still happening at the next reset tooā€¦

I understand youā€™re confused about the information that the forums was asking you for - did you originally post this thread to ā€˜Supportā€™? Where are you reading the ā€˜noticeā€™ that you should check the Known Issues list?

Regarding your issue, Iā€™ve sent some compensation to your in-game mail. This isnā€™t something weā€™re aware of so Iā€™ll make a note of it and look out for any further occurrences.

I bookmarked and followed the thread Gems of War: How to Report a bug or game glitch, then I received an Email telling me to check known issuesā€¦(Clicking on the email link did not tell me it was not linked to my recent thread somehow, for some reason I thought it was telling me to check known issues before posting repeats, however I did not see them before I posted. Yet looks like it was just an update to the Report thread.

I think I placed this in the right sectionā€¦ hopefully I will not have any other issues to report yet if I do, is this the right section or is there somewhere else I am supposed to post? I am fairly new so even if a bug does happen I might not even know its a bug lol I just knew that the PVP match was not supposed to end like thatā€¦ I tried to find a way to do it via the game menu yet was unable to find one, so I searched the web which pointed me here to the forums.

I found this today, yet it takes me to a section that is generalizedā€¦

https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000110856-Report-a-bug-or-provide-feedback-in-Gems-of-War

Which can be found hereā€¦

Yet when I was trying to report the issues, I could have sworn I read somewhere to place it in the console section, so I sadly am still confused as to where PS4 copies of the game, where the reports for issues for that version should go.

It looks like the one that I posted from the known issues, is it already fixed? Mine was similar. yet thank you for whatever you all sent, I appreciate it. Iā€™ll check when I can get on my ps4 tonightā€¦ also I will try during the next reset, if it is still 2 am on Sunday night/Monday mornings eastern time, and see if I can recreate the problem. Itā€™s not a huge problem, I was just very disappointed when I finally beat that PVP because it was difficult for me due to my low level and newbishnessā€¦

The email you mentioned must have been an update regarding the comment I added where I mentioned to check Known Issues. Sorry about that! The original post on the thread itself has the link to Known issues.

Itā€™s just for general bug reports, so I guess, yes it is generalised. :slight_smile:

I suppose the thread doesnā€™t outline when to use the ā€˜Supportā€™ category of the forum, Iā€™ll see if I can make that clearer in the post. When viewing the categories, they do outline what to do:

Donā€™t worry if you post in the wrong place, we can always move your thread or help you anyway.

Thank you againā€¦

1 Like

I checked again last night and the glitch is still happeningā€¦ (No need to add anything to the account, I knew I might lose the win and items when I tested this last nightā€¦) here is the video from thatā€¦ Its around Min marker 5:15.

Weird that at 5:40 your game is showing Luther and co, that definitely shouldnā€™t be happening. Were you playing this match exactly as reset ticked over, or shortly before/after? How long was Gems of War open beforehand? Do you have connection issues on your PS4 at all or with your internet?

Can you please also send through a photo (you can use another device) of your battle logs showing this battle - you can PM this to me if you wish.

Yes I started 2 mins before the Reset. Yet the reset happened at 3 am eastern instead of 2 am eastern this week. I signed in about 15 mins before the change over.

I do not normally have issues with my Internet. However There is a note in a PM with the Battle Log screen shot. I have had a few Server connection Error Codes this week after checking into a few things.