Please look at Poison again

I actually think that stackable poison makes more sense than scaling damage based on rarity.

But I was thinking (mainly for burning but could apply to poison): make poison tick also on extra turns. So if you keep scoring extra turns, your unit keeps on getting damaged.

1 Like

Stackable Poison needs to have a limit cap.
I don’t want to turn this into another Puzzle Quest 2 where Poison became indispensable from gameplay…

1 Like

Agreed, needs to be a limit. But indeed burn and poison needs to be more efficient

I think poison should tick each round, being a round the composition of turns you have. For example, in a battle the first round starts with you, and on that round maybe you can gain an extra turn when you combine four or more gems of the same color. After your round it’s your enemy’s round and the same rules goes by.

This is a detail that the devs overlooked for the wording on each debuff. The way it’s worderd it seems that each time you get an extra turn there is a chance a negative status will fade away…

But for a damage status/debuff that triggers on extra turns, extra moves or actions to be more precise, i was thinking about the “Bleeding/Bloodied” status that i mentioned before. As the troops are “moving”, like using spells or dealing skull damage they would stress their bodies and they would bleed. Initially i was thinkering to see how it would make more sense, and so far i’ve estabilished:

Bleeding: Stackable negative status. Limit of stacks is five.
At the beggining of each round, and after each action (Spells or Skull damage) the troops aflicted by this status will lose a number of health equal to to the number of Bleeding stacks on them. After two rounds (maybe three would be better?) one stack of Bleeding automatically heals.

Still seems very complicated for GoW so far, but that’s a work in progress.

No status effects or recoveries trigger on extra turns, from 4+ matches or spells. Poison damage, burn damage, death mark procs, all recovery rolls, only trigger when the turn ‘changes hands’ and the ‘new turn’ marker flashes at the top of the active player’s side of the screen.

I certainly wouldn’t want to see poison or burn damage trigger each time you get an extra turn.

1 Like

Yeah, agreed… Add it to a Goblin Team or another looping team and things will die…

1 Like

That’s why i said that the designation of…[quote=“Jainus, post:25, topic:17533”]
when the turn ‘changes hands’ and the ‘new turn’ marker flashes
[/quote]
… should be called “round”. An extra turn is just another action/move, not exactly a “round” where you may, or may not, have multiple turns. This wording wouldn’t have a huge impact, but would make things clearer, unless we would have some effects triggering on extra turns, as my “bleeding” suggestion, another form of punishment/counter to loops that is less aggravating/troublesome than Freeze.

While I agree that poison is a bit underpowered in the endgame (understatement) if we look at poison to really buff to a % we need to look at burn the same way. I can’t remember the last time I was intimidated by a troop being burned.

In the same vein (get it? Cuz poison…heh…fine, whatever) we do have to keep in mind lower levels and seeing how arena plays these things out. I think a percent of your base health would be good but not overpowering. Or just bump it to 100% of turns and I like the idea of it doing something like say halving the amount of life-buffing a troop can do (unless cleansed). This way it gives the opponent something to worry about, and has the added effect it really needs.